As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Red boxes? Display malfunction.

KinderpartyKinderparty Registered User regular
So I am pretty certain that my graphics card is dead, but I wanted to double check here and see if anyone has encountered or heard of this before.

Basically, on start up, my display is all kinds of messed up, usually with some form of red boxes all over the screen as it is loading up, before turning into green squiggly lines on the desktop.

The card fan still spins and it will still load up, there are just the abnormalities I speak of. I am sure the answer is obvious, but is this thing dead?

Kinderparty on

• FoomyFoomy Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So I am pretty certain that my graphics card is dead, but I wanted to double check here and see if anyone has encountered or heard of this before.

Basically, on start up, my display is all kinds of messed up, usually with some form of red boxes all over the screen as it is loading up, before turning into green squiggly lines on the desktop.

The card fan still spins and it will still load up, there are just the abnormalities I speak of. I am sure the answer is obvious, but is this thing dead?

not dead yet, but if you took it out behind the barn and shot it no one would look badly on you.

classic signs of a dying vid card.

Foomy on
    Steam Profile: FoomyFooms