Options

Looking for a new mp3 player

KiwiKiwi Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm in the market for a new music player after my iPod's headphone jack decided to break. Besides playing music, my only requirement is that it can use an app like epocrates so I can use it for work. If it can get onto Twitter, even better, but that's not super necessary.

I don't know anything about the Zune's app situation, and I know even less about anything else on the market.

So my question to you guys:
Can any other mp3 player besides the iPod touch (my default choice) get epocrates?

Kiwi on

• Options
    corky842corky842 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Unless you're getting a smartphone, there's not much out there. Maybe a few Android-based tablets, but those are probably too big (5" to 7" are the smallest I've seen) for someone used to an itouch.

corky842 on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    the zune HD and the iphone touch both have 'apps' for them

other than that, I think you would have to go with a phone and SD card.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    If I wanted to take a look at the apps available for the Zune or iPod touch, is there a way to do that?

Kiwi on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Dunadan019 wrote: »

Awesome, thanks!

Kiwi on
  • Options
    Count FunkulaCount Funkula Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The iPod Touch is pretty much the only thing that will do what you want, and the selection of Zune apps is pretty weak.

Count Funkula on
  • Options
    badpoetbadpoet Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The iPod Touch is pretty much the only thing that will do what you want, and the selection of Zune apps is pretty weak.

It doesn't sound like he needs a ton of apps. And with a Zune you can do the Zunepass, which is great.

badpoet on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I've owned a Zune 30 GB, an Ipod 32 GB and a Zune HD and I have to say, both zunes are a much higher quality product then the apple one. The old school zunes were very sturdy and difficult to scuff, whereas it always seemed Ipods collect damage easily and show wear very quickly. I also have used an Ipod touch and found the Zune HD, while having shit for apps, to have a much better screen with a richer experience (get the zune pass, you wont regret it)

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    So this Zunepass that everyone loves: so you can download a bunch of songs to your Zune, but only have to buy the songs you want to keep forever and ever?

Kiwi on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Kiwi wrote: »
    So this Zunepass that everyone loves: so you can download a bunch of songs to your Zune, but only have to buy the songs you want to keep forever and ever?

You can buy any song on the zune pass and keep it forever and ever and ever, but you also get like 10 songs a month for free that you also can keep forever and ever and ever.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Jokerman wrote: »
    Kiwi wrote: »

You can buy any song on the zune pass and keep it forever and ever and ever, but you also get like 10 songs a month for free that you also can keep forever and ever and ever.

Wait, what? Oh hey, that's cool.

Kiwi on