Options

E-mail client

Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
edited May 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I have several internet based e-mail accounts, and I tend to forget about them. I was wondering if there were any good programs out there I could install on my computer that could get my e-mail from multiple accounts. Mostly concerned with the security of the program. Thanks guys.

Ruby Rhod on

• Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    The first question is if these providers supply POP or IMAP support?

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I believe yes for POP, not sure on IMAP

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    strebaliciousstrebalicious Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Microsoft Outlook and Mozilla Thunderbird are the first two that come to mind. I've used Thunderbird a little. It's pretty nice, but I only have one e-mail and I usually check it on 20 different computers/phones/Mooby kiosks throughout the day, so it's not really worth it for me.

I'm sure someone else can come up with some cool independent, open-source, super fast, minimalistic client for you.

strebalicious on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    AngelHedgieAngelHedgie Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I'm going to second Outlook and Thunderbird. Since you can use POP, they both can handle what you throw at them.

AngelHedgie on
    XBL: Nox Aeternum / PSN: NoxAeternum / NN:NoxAeternum / Steam: noxaeternum
  • Options
    JasconiusJasconius sword criminal mad onlineRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I have 5 e-mail accounts to lord over and I use Thunderbird. It's not great, but what really is these days.

If you can get Outlook 07 though, it's probably worth it. Entourage for the Mac kind of sucks. Crashes many times.

Jasconius on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I use Thunderbird. Thunderbird 2 was my favorite so far, Thunderbird 3 is... meh. I don't really like the tabbed design of it. If you can get ahold of an earlier release of Thunderbird 2, use it.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    Thanks guys, I think I'll go with thunderbird. Not sure why that didn't occur to me since I've been using Firefox as my browser.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    LewishamLewisham Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    You could use GMail's POP import :)

Lewisham on