As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Suggestion for blue dot mouseover

DirtyDirtyVagrantDirtyDirtyVagrant Registered User regular
Would there be a way to code this so that the mouseover box would give you the page number of your last post?

It sure would make keeping track of one's activity in multiple threads a lot easier.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on

• Options
    IvarIvar Oslo, NorwayRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Why not just go to the last read post? And for multiple threads you can just open them in multiple tabs.

Ivar on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    I already keep multiple tabs. I just was thinking that this would be a little easier than going directly to my last post in my user panel.

If there's another way to do what I'm talking about and I have been missing it for...going 3.5 years know, somebody please speak up.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That little page to the right of the blue dot will take you to the first new post since you read the thread last when you click on it.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    That little page to the right of the blue dot will take you to the first new post since you read the thread last when you click on it.

I was going to suggest that, but thought maybe the OP was asking for something to take you to your last post in a thread, not just the last one you read. The little page thing is pretty awesome, though.

LaOs on
  • Options
    I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Well, yeah I suppose if he wants to keep track of his own activity in a thread he needs precisely what he's asking for. But for keeping up with where you were in a thread, tiny paper is the way to go.

I Win Swordfights on
    lfYVHTd.png
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Closest thing that I know of is when you click on the reply count of a thread, then find your name, click on it and then... you can see every post you've made in the thread. It's a hell of a complicated workaround, but I guess it's not a commonly-needed feature. Or at least not requested enough for it to be made a standard feature.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    edited May 2010
    It was just an idea. Sometimes you go to bed and the thread advances 50 pages by the time you go to read it the next day.

And if you're like me and you post in like 4 or 5 different subforums, you lose track of where your last post was in each thread quite often, so you end up backtracking trying to pick up where you left off.

DirtyDirtyVagrant on
  • Options
    CyvrosCyvros Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    For that, then, there are always the 'go to first unread post' buttons that the other dudes pointed out.

Cyvros on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Sometimes you go to bed and the thread advances 50 pages by the time you go to read it the next day.

The little page icon to the right of the blue dot does exactly this.

If you specifically want your last post, thats different, but if you haven't read the thread since your last post, the page icon will take you to it.

Dhalphir on