As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Foundation WANTS YOU (to register for D-Class duty)

• Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    I think it's just a video record of some random hikers discovering this Land of the Lost-esque place

Then again there's a chance it's a hoax the Foundation uncovered as mentioned in the notes at the beginning.

Yeah, it had a Land of the Lost feel to it, but the humans that were apparently imprisoned by the hikers and the unknown language suggest that the subjects are something else, assuming it isn't a hoax.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lalalalala I am not listening BY because the Old Man only likes young boys shutupshutupshutup

Edit: Oh hey, I totally didn't realise that the language was unknown. Must've skimmed that part. Okay now it's even creepier to me.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    :lol:
    SCP-285 was originally located at the ██████ ████ School in ███████, AZ. Used by a local cheerleader captain for football games, SCP-285 was eventually discovered after numerous noise complaints from local residents. The home team’s bleachers were placed in front of a residential complex, and the enthusiastic cheers could be heard for nearly a mile. Agent █████ recovered the object while undercover as one of the players, while simultaneously scoring the winning touchdown. SCP-285 is currently located at Site ██ for further study.

Addendum: After an incident where several Level 2 personnel managed to jury rig SCP-285 to accept input from any audio device, SCP-285’s use is to be regulated and monitored.

Note: What the hell is a “rickroll” anyway?

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dear Diary,
    The doctors keep calling me and Mommy Dee numbers. If there are so many people named Dee here, why don't they just name them other things?

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BY stop it

Please

:(

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, seriously. Please don't directly quote the really creepy entries.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I love the creepy ones the most.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So do I but that one's less creepy and just plain sad

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It makes you wonder how exactly they neutralized the leak. They have the ability to wipe memories, but they have a disturbing lack of empathy for humanity in general. And bullets are probably cheaper.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Usually they mention if amnesiacs are used. Neutralized also has a hell of a darker tone as well.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Has anyone read the random stories section?

It's pretty entertaining

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hahah, there's an SCP that is a knife, apparently used in the Kitty Genovese murder, that projects a field of apathy in a wide radius.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That bargain one is pretty good

Gatsby on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

A few years ago, a mother and father decided they needed a break, so they wanted to head out for a night on the town. They called their most trusted babysitter. When the babysitter arrived, the two children were already fast asleep in bed. So the babysitter just got to sit around and make sure everything was okay with the children. Later that night, the babysitter got bored and went to watch TV, but she couldn't watch it downstairs because they did not have cable downstairs (the parents didn't want children watching too much garbage).
    So, she called them and asked them if she could watch cable in the parent's room. Of course, the parents said it was ok, but the babysitter had one final request… she asked if she could cover up the angel statue outside the bedroom window with a blanket or cloth, at the very least close the blinds, because it made her nervous. The phone line was silent for a moment, and the father who was talking to the babysitter at the time said, "Take the children and get out of the house… we will call the police. We do not have an angel statue."
    The police found all three of the house occupants dead within three minutes of the call. No angel statue was ever found.

Is this one a reference to Doctor Who?

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I guess so and it still freaks me out oh god why don't me windows have blinds

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The phone rings.

"Hello?"

"… Yes! Hello. May I have a few minutes of your time?"

"Sure, I guess."

The phone clicks.

I feel a little older.
    this one is great

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    The phone rings.

"Hello?"

"… Yes! Hello. May I have a few minutes of your time?"

"Sure, I guess."

The phone clicks.

I feel a little older.
    this one is great

This would be a very tedious way to become immortal.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    JintorJintor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So here's a little write-up I've got going (not the metronome idea at the moment). Not complete just yet. It actually breaks a cliche rule but I'm hoping it's alright.
    SCP-XXX

Item #: SCP-XXX

Object Class: Safe

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXX is to be kept in a sealed box in a separate room in Storage Bunker [] at Site []. Only personnel with Level 2 or higher security clearance or written permission from a Level 2 or higher researcher may access SCP-XXX. EDIT: Due to the events of Incident SCP-XXX-[], the room in which SCP-XXX is contained is to be monitored daily to ensure the continued presence of SCP-XXX. If SCP-XXX is discovered to be missing, all water-based activities are to be suspended within a [] radius of Site [] and an immediate inspection of all food-preparation areas is to be carried out.

Description: SCP-XXX appears to be a standard Farberware “Superfast” series electric kettle, although with a slightly damaged bright red sticker that reads “3000% more efficient!” attached to one side. The sticker is perfectly normal and shows signs of attempted removal, but is preserved for reasons of identification.

When SCP-XXX is filled with water, plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on, all sufficiently large bodies of water within [] to [] meters of SCP-XXX will begin to heat up, reaching approximately 373.15 Kelvin within a minute of operation (this includes any water present within SCP-XXX).

SCP-XXX was recovered from the staff common room of an public swimming pool (H[] Aquatics Centre) in S[], A[] following a heatwave and [DATA EXPUNGED], resulting in 13 deaths at the scene and the hospitalization of 54 individuals, 42 of them children, for third degree burns to over 80% of their bodies. Agent [] determined the functionality of SCP-XXX during infiltration of the resulting investigation team and retrieved SCP-XXX.

Jintor on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Jintor wrote: »
    So here's a little write-up I've got going (not the metronome idea at the moment). Not complete just yet. It actually breaks a cliche rule but I'm hoping it's alright.
    SCP-XXX

Item #: SCP-XXX

Special Containment Procedures: SCP-XXX is to be kept in a sealed box in a separate room in Storage Bunker [] at Site []. Only personnel with Level 2 or higher security clearance or written permission from a Level 2 or higher researcher may access SCP-XXX. EDIT: Due to the events of Incident SCP-XXX-[], the room in which SCP-XXX is contained is to be monitored daily to ensure the continued presence of SCP-XXX. If SCP-XXX is discovered to be missing, all water-based activities are to be suspended within a [] radius of Site [] and an immediate inspection of all food-preparation areas is to be carried out.

Description: SCP-XXX appears to be a standard Farberware “Superfast” series electric kettle, although with a slightly damaged bright red sticker that reads “3000% more efficient!” attached to one side. The sticker is perfectly normal and shows signs of attempted removal, but is preserved for reasons of identification.

When SCP-XXX is filled with water, plugged into an electrical outlet and turned on, all sufficiently large bodies of water within [] to [] meters of SCP-XXX will begin to heat up, reaching approximately 373.15 Kelvin within a minute of operation (this includes any water present within SCP-XXX).

SCP-XXX was recovered from the staff common room of an public swimming pool (H[] Aquatics Centre) in S[], A[] following a heatwave and [DATA EXPUNGED], resulting in 13 deaths at the scene and the hospitalization of 54 individuals, 42 of them children, for third degree burns to over 80% of their bodies. Agent [] determined the functionality of SCP-XXX during infiltration of the resulting investigation team and retrieved SCP-XXX.

It's not a bad idea, but there's an awful lot of SCPs that have to deal with manipulating the state and temperature of water.

Winky on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It doesn't really make quite enough sense to me either, I like the ones with a slightly more direct effect

it doesn't seem to have a reason to heat up all water surrounding it

Maybe a microwave that sends out a specific type of radiowave that heats up water surrounding it, then it would fuck with lots of people and make a bit more sense

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If that angel statue one was a Doctor Who reference then they wouldn't find any bodies because the angels kill you by sending you back in time and feeding on the potential energy from the life you would have lived in the present

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    yeah, but they sometimes just snap your neck

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If they have a bigger and better energy source to feed on and they don't need you, yeah

...so what else was in that house?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    a crack in time like the one in Amy's house?

but it probably wasn't a reference anyway, so it doesn't matter

BugBoy on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What if the SCP Foundation got their hands on the Doctor?

Subject is a caucasian male, mid-20s. Claims to be of an alien race called the Time Lords, but appears human. Only abnormality appears to be a second heart. Seems to have knowledge of several SCPs, which he claims are of extraterrestrial origin. Subject came in SCP-1090, a box that is larger on the inside. Design appears similar to retro British polices boxes.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Subject was terminated with a standard pistol, at which time his body began glowing. Soon afterwards, he changed his appearance and came back to life. Further testing reveals this process can be repeated.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Suggest using subject to allow the medical department to hone their autopsy skills.

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Subject may also be useful in testing of Keter-class SCPs. Appears to have an interest in SCP-1092, which he calls a "Dalek".

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Subject may also be useful in testing of Keter-class SCPs. Appears to have an interest in SCP-1092, which he calls a "Dalek", although our researchers prefer to use the term "Metaltron".

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Haha a Dalek would be a perfect SCP

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Subject may also be useful in testing of Keter-class SCPs. Appears to have an interest in SCP-1092, which he calls a "Dalek".

Keep subject away from SCP-1092. SCP-1092 is Safe. It is consistently loyal, and remarks that it is our soldier.

Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    1092 has offered subject tea, which he has adamantly refused. Perhaps coffee is more to his liking.

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    finding containment for a dalek would be so easy, a single step and you're good, you don't even need any airlocks or even a door.

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Remembrance_of_the_Daleks.jpg

that's what you think

BugBoy on
  • Options
    DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    OH GOD

Depressperado on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Item#: SCP-149
    Special Containment Procedures: SCP-149 is to be kept in a small room, furnished with a bed and other items of furniture. He does not pose any significant threat of escape, though he is not to be allowed near SCP-149-A at any time. Should he somehow enter SCP-149-A, it is unlikely that any containment procedures would work in the first place.

Description: SCP-149 was discovered when he used SCP-149-A to teleport himself into the cafeteria at Site-[REDACTED] Upon exiting SCP-149-A, SCP-149 appeared to be confused, explaining that he “lost control” of the device. He then asked what year he was in, before being taken into custody by staff.

SCP-149 appears to be a Caucasian male in his early twenties. When asked what his name is, he simply asks to be called “The Doctor”. Researchers asking “Doctor who?” were met with no response. He claims to be the last member of an alien race called the “Time Lords”. Despite this, aside from having two hearts, he appears to look like a human. When confronted on this similarity, the subject responded “You look Time Lord.” Normally, he exhibits no unusual behaviors. However, when he was exterminated by SCP-198 during a containment failure, he showed an unusual ability. His body began to glow, and he came back to life, though he had suffered a fatal injury. He was fine in all respects after the event, though his physical appearance had changed. Further testing indicated that this process can be repeated.

SCP-149 also appears to have knowledge on a great many subjects, including the future and past, alien races, and other SCPs. If SCP-198, which he calls a “Dalek” is mentioned to him, he becomes extremely angry, and will refuse to talk to staff for a period of at least 12 hours. Because of his vast knowledge, he may be useful to the Foundation.

Addendum: No matter how much SCP-149 asks a member of the Foundation to be his “companion”, they are not allowed to go with him or assist him in any way. This applies especially to female researchers. I don’t care how handsome he is, you still can’t set him free!-Dr.[REDACTED]
    Item#: SCP-149-A
    Object Class: Safe (Euclid if SCP-149 is in it)
    Special Containment Procedures: SCP-149-A is to be kept in a locked room at all times. On it’s own, it is of no danger, but SCP-149 is never allowed to come into contact with it.

Description: SCP-149-A was retrieved by staff when SCP-149 was. It appears to be a standard police box, of the kind that was used in Britain several decades ago. Those entering it, however, soon realize that it is far larger on the inside. It appears to have dozens of rooms, including a library, wardrobe, and pool. It also has a large amount of complicated machinery. SCP-149 claims that it can be used to travel anywhere in time and space, although researchers cannot figure out how to use it in this manner. SCP-149 also claims that it is called the “TARDIS”, standing for Time And Relative Dimensions In Space. SCP-149 appears to have a great attachment to SCP-149-A. However, he is not allowed near it, as he could use it to escape.

Addendum: Our researchers can’t make heads or tails of this thing, but it appears that it needs several pilots to work properly. How the hell did 149 work it on his own?-Dr.[REDACTED]

BugBoy on
  • Options
    VoproSTEINVoproSTEIN howdyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    What about his sonic screwdriver!

VoproSTEIN on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I forgot about that!

I'll write that up later, and one for the dalek too

BugBoy on
  • Options
    101101 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    How did they get into the TARDIS?

101 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    101 wrote: »
    How did they get into the TARDIS?

I disregarded some of the canon. Technically, the doctor shouldn't have regenerated without being in the TARDIS either, but the whole thing was supposed to be a joke anyway

BugBoy on