As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Foundation WANTS YOU (to register for D-Class duty)

• Options
    MeldingMelding Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    should we have gotten everyone else out of the apartment? incase it's ya know booby trapped?

Melding on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    well, now we have to run from the police

don't think the foundation's going to like these results.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    GatsbyGatsby Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think all the occupants got out

Gatsby on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Alright, it looks like he's not gonna get to use it

So here is the draft I wrote for Perry's speech
    “Alright Ell, here’s my plan. From what I can tell and from what I’ve heard from everybody else here, you’re pretty damn smart. And, unlike me, you know all about technology.

You see Ell, all the good cons these days are done online. Regular street shit gets me a little, it makes me a living, I’m sure you know that, but I need a partner right now to bring my business to the next level. And that partner’s gotta be computer and internet savvy, and who is more computer and internet savvy than you?

So that, darling, is what I want you for. And the way I figure it, if you get shipped away to some remote SCP warehouse, you’re not gonna be able to help me with much of anything? Hell, how do you know the organization won’t just shut you down once they get you away from society? An operation like yours can’t do so well on battery power, I’m sure.

So we gotta handle this delicately, right? You gotta go quietly, without the rest of my team knowing what’s going on (which tragically means that they have to live), and we have to return something to the SCP folks, the parts of this computer that aren’t important to your continued existence and all. Which I guess means you gotta consolidate down.

And then once I get out of the foundation, which, I know, is supposed to be pretty difficult and probably hasn’t ever been done before, but you know me, don’t you? You have to have seen my history by now, at least one of them. By the by, did you ever figure out which one was true? I tried to keep it all fitting together as best as I could, but I may have made some mistakes.

Anyways, I get out of the foundation, and then I go out, buy some hardware and set you up. We start making money, conning people and such, and I buy you more and more, and eventually we can start trying to move on to bigger and better things. Stick our fingers in the government, get them to start developing programs beneficial to us. Or just straight fucking take over, yeah?

So what do you say? Tell me what to save, and then shut yourself down, or let us shut you down, and I’ll take what I need in order to make this plan work. Sound good?”

It was better the first time I went through and improvised it actually, the second version felt awkward.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I didn't mean civilians, i meant our team.

Melding on
  • Options
    BugBoyBugBoy boy.EXE has stopped functioning. only bugs remainRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oh dear, we're screwed

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The one time i don't suggest having someone stationed across town to start a large fire, THIS happens.

Melding on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I smell a promotion!

...Actually, I smell D-Class. But whatever!

Butler For Life #1 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Hey, none of this is on me. I took out a violent suspect, and secured him. I will throw you all under the bus. ALL OF YOU! Except Mile and Crab.

Melding on
  • Options
    StraightziStraightzi Here we may reign secure, and in my choice, To reign is worth ambition though in HellRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Technically speaking Perry didn't do anything wrong either!

Also, Perry tells the truth counter: |||

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Man I am soooo grounded when I get back

And by grounded I mean literally as meat for 682

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Do i need to specifically state throwing the guy into the van, or should i be okay to wait for snowbeat?

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    damn good thing I didn't burn up the building

still, plum is probably grounded too

BugBoy on
  • Options
    SnowbeatSnowbeat i need something to kick this thing's ass over the lineRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Melding wrote: »
    Do i need to specifically state throwing the guy into the van, or should i be okay to wait for snowbeat?
    naw it's cool

Snowbeat on
    Q1e6oi8.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Snowbeat wrote: »
    naw it's cool
    Let me know if'n i need to do something to get the knocked out guy past the crowd outside.

Melding on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't possibly see how Felix could be in trouble, he literally did nothing but wait in the lobby. Oh and did you all have your spiffy mover's disguises and fake ID's which you conveniently abandoned two seconds after the mission started?

Yep, Resource manager did everything he could Commander Frost.

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I thought it was just assumed we put that stuff on

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Okay we only need to throw about three people under the bus. but I will! if it comes down to it.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I can't pretend I didn't mess something up there

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    plus that computer bitch totally had it coming

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    we killed the power for 6 blocks!

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    not like power can't be turned on. And hey! Frost wanted no casualties, which we achieved.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    FedoraFedora Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    we killed the power for 6 blocks!

killer party brah

Fedora on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Gatsby wrote: »
    not like power can't be turned on. And hey! Frost wanted no casualties, which we achieved.

he also wanted stealth, which we failed at miserably

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Team Sweet Keg Stand

Ah yes...stealth...hmm

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    Gatsby wrote: »

he also wanted stealth, which we failed at miserably

And the computer!

Melding on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    that was pretty much a total bust. still, i was expecting it to be a setup or a TPK situation, so i feel we got off light.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    If I was youse guys, I woulda masqueraded as an electrician coming to service the place and cut power and internet to the building temporarily, while rest of the team took out the apartment room. But I'm not youse guys.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If they hadn't fried the breaker right then, i was going to try to get that thing off the internet, then fry the power.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My plan was to lie to the guard, go to a different room, pick the lock on room 28, subdue and question any people there, and then solve any computer problems, preferably nonviolently.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Something else i was going to suggest. We kinda went in gung ho. Which was fine, but then everyone nearly shat themselves when the computer started talking.

Melding on
  • Options
    OrikaeshigitaeOrikaeshigitae Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm kind of amazed a computer goaded half the team into fucking everything up.

Orikaeshigitae on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If it had one power cord, how would it have sent all that stuff if you unplugged it? Hack all IPs?

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    what else were we supposed to do?

it was clear we weren't going to reason with her, and our other option was to wheel her in to the foundation like a princess

I don't think there was a winning move here

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I think the entire thing was a bluff. and we are screwed when the power comes back on.

Melding on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BugBoy wrote: »
    what else were we supposed to do?

it was clear we weren't going to reason with her, and our other option was to wheel her in to the foundation like a princess

I don't think there was a winning move here

I don't think it was clear we weren't going to reason with her. She had clear motives and desires, it would've been easy to exploit them.

Straightzi on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    An enemy that finds a powerful, secretive organisation dealing with the paranormal and deadly interesting is not an enemy that should be allowed anywhere near that organisation.

Gatsby on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    She's definitely not dead.

BugBoy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    other ways i would have solved the situation: Unplugged the computer, shot the power supply, called in for back up the retrieve the unit, evac.

Melding on
  • Options
    Butler For Life #1Butler For Life #1 Twinning is WinningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I doubt we could have won in this situation. We'll see her again, and I'm sure we'll have a way of winning then.

But she held all the cards here. Winning will require getting her into a place where she isn't in control.

Butler For Life #1 on