As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play Th3 Plan! - Episode 8: Paintings Get!

XulinXulin Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
93228884461front.jpg

Game: Th3 Plan
Release Date: April 24, 2007

So, I have this game that I received for Chrismas 2 years ago and I thought I'd randomly whip it out when some friends are over. As the game was one in a pack of 3, I figured it wouldn't be such a good game, but what the heck, right?

As it turns out the game was worse than I thought.
So what better game to do for an LP?

Now, I only initially tried the first 15 or so minutes of the game. To that end, I have randomly decided to force Valkun to undertake this marvellous task of a blind playthrough of the game. And fortunately enough, I've been able to coax him to handle the arduous task of actually uploading the game, while I go through the challenge of playing it.

Join with me as we undertake an adventure of a game likely no one has ever heard of before.

And now for the 2 or 3 of you who may actually be bored enough to watch this lp:
(Legal disclaimer: I do not guarantee that this game or LP will be in any way entertaining or fun. As Valkun is a rather lazy fellow, I expect little to no editing, meaning that if I'm a total retard and take 20 minutes to solve an obvious puzzle, you shall in no way be spared that. Any emotional trauma sustained from merely watching this terrible game will not be subject to suit, though you may petition to reduce any viewing charges to a minimum of $14.57.)

You have been warned.

Episodes:

Xulin on

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    So why doesn't he make this thread?

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • XulinXulin Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    Because the role of management is to take credit for the work of their subordinates.

Xulin on
  • brynstarbrynstar Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I would be intrigued to watch this LP if it had an update yet. I've seen this game in bargain bins here and there and been curious about it, but never enough to play it. When do you think you'll post the first video?

brynstar on
    Xbox Live: Xander51
    PSN ID : Xander51 Steam ID : Xander51
  • TeeManTeeMan BrainSpoon Registered User regular
    edited May 2010
    I bought this for $10 in an EB Games bargain bin.

I sold it much later for $5 on eBay.

I never played it, the shame would have been too great :lol: I am looking forward to watching the scourge I passed on

TeeMan on
    steam_sig.png
  • ValkunValkun Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    First episode is in the pipelines right now. Google seems to have abandoned the future publishing of videos so we're treading on new video hosting territory. I can't quite put my finger on what it is, but my initial impression of the game is that it is rather poor. We likely won't be doing any multiplayer unless a video gets screwed up and needs rerecording. The reason being that they decided that letting more than one person play is somehow BONUS CONTENT for completing a level.

Valkun on
    edited June 2010
    Episode 1 is now in the bag. Much thanks to Valkun.

Xulin on
    edited June 2010
    Another fabulous update! Episode 2 part 1 is up!

Xulin on
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I actually bought this game, I have a thing for stealth/heist games. I think that's what this is, right? I will soon watch this video and find out.

...and then maybe play it. Also owned it for a year or two.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
    edited June 2010
    I watched a bit of this. The game looks atrocious! But also like it could have been great if executed right.

Also, in several spots I had trouble hearing the commentary over the game audio.

brynstar on
    edited June 2010
    Yes, I do understand. You can lower the music and the sound, but the voices just won't go down in this game. We still haven't figured out how to lower the game volume without lowering the microphone, too.

Xulin on
    edited June 2010
    Episode 2 part 2 is now up.

Xulin on
    edited June 2010
    Xulin wrote: »
    Yes, I do understand. You can lower the music and the sound, but the voices just won't go down in this game. We still haven't figured out how to lower the game volume without lowering the microphone, too.

Hmm weird. Sounds like it's part of the magic of this game then. :)

brynstar on
    edited June 2010
    Okay! For the 2 or 3 of you who may actually be watching this LP, Episode 3 part 1 is up.

Xulin on
  • TKaneTKane Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh god. I love Trainwrecks! Watching now.

TKane on
    Clicky -> What I'm listening to <- Clicky
    steam_sig.png
    edited June 2010
    Episode 3 part 2 is now up! The bonus is I get to shoot more people - WITH A LAZER GUN!

Xulin on
    edited June 2010
    All of episode part 3 is up! Those museum guards are really challenging, what with their fierce scoldings and all.

Xulin on
    edited July 2010
    Valkun has broken free of his restraints and forced me to post the beginning of this episode at gun point. Apparently he was right about the game not working...

Xulin on
    edited July 2010
    The game's lack of funding is starting to show itself now. We checked the credits in the manual and they've got like two quality assurance guys. It's so frustrating to know exactly what went wrong with that video but being unable to fix it because the code is fixed forever in its terrible state in that DVD-ROM. Basically, a guard somehow clipped through the floor. This presents a number of challenges because the floor is obviously a one way barrier that the guard could see and shoot up through but prevents the player from being able to interact with his instadeath raygun. Even loading the checkpoint did not reset the guard to a sane position. It's hard to believe they didn't include some sort of player/actor is outside level check. In any case, we're hoping that a second run-through will not result in this physics defying event to occur again.

Valkun on
    edited July 2010
    That sounds like a real bummer. Hope you're able to overcome it! I hate bugs like that.

brynstar on
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That's Cheetahmen not having an ending bad.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
    edited July 2010
    Okay! Through our brilliant planning (a.k.a. restarting the mission), we were able to be the guard with phase-shift armor and teleporting bullets. We've learned a number of things about museums: 1) Museum guards all shoot to kill. 2) Museum guards are trained to protect the back offices, not the million(maybe?) dollar artwork. 3) All secure data access can only be performed by having 3 different, specific, members of the staff all using their personal computers at exactly the same time. 4) Finally, if all else fails, crazy purple knockout gas.

Xulin on
    edited July 2010
    Episode 5 is now up! This mission is much more linear than the train was.

Xulin on
    edited July 2010
    Just finished recording the next set.

D: MAN WHAT?

Valkun on
    edited July 2010
    Episode 7 part 1 is up. We lost our insta-death rayguns and got normal pistols instead. :cry: But we do get to kill a lot of people. Still, the lack of clarity on how to complete objectives does slow us down a bit this mission.

Xulin on
    edited August 2010
    Episode 7 part 2 is now up. Did those guards really not see me throwing those pucks?

Xulin on
    edited August 2010
    Episode 8 is up and ready. Incidentally, Valkun's computer has exploded. He's attempting to re-constitute the pieces, but it is a difficult effort - LP's may be on hold for a while.

Xulin on