As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Very specific job application question: EA.

28682868 Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So I'm applying for a job with EA, they specifically state they require a module submission as well as my portfolio. I want to give them both. However when you apply online, it just allows me to upload my resume. When I clicked apply for this job, there was no follow-up link either, just a, "Thanks for your application!"

They say they won't review applications without these materials, however there are no suggestions re: getting the materials to them. Most other jobs have an email in the job description, or a place to upload files.

The question, has anyone in the community ever applied with EA? Will there be an automated email, or some other form of communication requesting my materials?

Or should I build a website, put my portfolio on it, and include a URL with the resume? This isn't appealing to me, because of IP issues and materials created with partners. I'll do it if I have to, but I'm uncomfortable with putting too much on the internet.

I've also send an email query to the eajobs help department.

I'm just a little nervous because of the time I spent working on the application, I'd hate to slip through the cracks because of some silly gooseness on my part.

Warhams. Allatime warhams.

buy warhams
2868 on

• Options
    DemerdarDemerdar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Contact their HR department.

Demerdar on
    y6GGs3o.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Demerdar wrote: »
    Contact their HR department.

I did via the email. That's all I could see via the web site. The job is actually with BioWare, but the hiring is via the EA website. I'll see about finding BioWare's HRamajig.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Possibly just upload it to a standard file share site (like MediaFire or something similar) and include a link to the specific file.
    Pretty sure you can set those to be password protected to limit who can see the files.

see317 on
  • Options
    mooshoeporkmooshoepork Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Someone on the PA forums works for bioware and EA I think. Maybe someone else here knows their username. They might be able to give you the HR number.

mooshoepork on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I may have solved my own problem...

bottom has demo submission info/

Mine isn't a demo, it's a portfolio, but I bet it is the correct place to submit.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    WassermeloneWassermelone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have the address to your website/portfolio on your resume as well.

Wassermelone on
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    2868 wrote: »

Mine isn't a demo, it's a portfolio, but I bet it is the correct place to submit.

That is, in fact, the correct place to submit. Ideally, you should have it up on a website, as mentioned on that page you linked, but that would be the right e-mail.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    vsove wrote: »

That is, in fact, the correct place to submit. Ideally, you should have it up on a website, as mentioned on that page you linked, but that would be the right e-mail.

I submitted last night. It's a writing portfolio not a demo reel. So the IP is a little more precious to me, my partners, and producers, so it is best that it not appear on the web if I can help it. Plus, since this is a writing req I'm sure they area OK without it.

In short, I believe my problem is solved, but thank you guys a ton for your help, suggestions, and confirmation. Usually I am confident and cocky heading into job applications, but I am so tired of teaching, and editing. Not to mention that writing for Bioware is a dream job; I just want to ensure that I cross all the Is and dot all my Ts.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    ImpersonatorImpersonator Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I submitted last night. It's a writing portfolio not a demo reel. So the IP is a little more precious to me, my partners, and producers, so it is best that it not appear on the web if I can help it. Plus, since this is a writing req I'm sure they area OK without it.

In short, I believe my problem is solved, but thank you guys a ton for your help, suggestions, and confirmation. Usually I am confident and cocky heading into job applications, but I am so tired of teaching, and editing. Not to mention that writing for Bioware is a dream job; I just want to ensure that I cross all the Is and dot all my Ts.

I think you crossed all the Ts and dotted all the Is instead. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing, though.

Impersonator on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I maek joak.

We can lock this anytime.

2868 on

buy warhams
  • Options
    vsovevsove ....also yes. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    vsove wrote: »

Oh, fair enough. I'm just giving you the answer I got when I asked one of our HR folks. No, you don't need to do the website thing. Yes, they do appreciate it when you do.

But I digress. Good luck, and I hope it works out for you! And don't worry, it took a supreme effort of will the last time I hit that 'submit' button.

vsove on
    WATCH THIS SPACE.