Options

White-Flight doesn't work for shit[Resolution pg 22]NEW FRESH HELL pg24

• Options
    bsjezzbsjezz Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    stale i forgot to link it at the time but this was actually part II of my battle entry, sorry bro

bsjezz on
    sC4Q4nq.jpg
  • Options
    scarlet ave.scarlet ave. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bsjezz wrote: »
    stale i forgot to link it at the time but this was actually part II of my battle entry, sorry bro

I laughed and immediately felt guilty for it.

scarlet ave. on
  • Options
    HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stale wrote: »
    Nogs wrote: »
    Time to hobble home

like some fucking vagrant hobo

like some commoner

what

this fucking shit happens

at your place of work

and aint one person there come up to you and say

"hey stale, this shit dude, need a ride home?"

I live like a 20 min walk from the office, probably 5 mins for a normal person.

I doubt any of them even considered the fact I'd need one.

Get one of these

x-treme-xm-5000li-moped-2009.jpg

Hunter on
  • Options
    StaleStale Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So I stopped by pep-boys and bought some jack-stands once Nikki got home.

I go down there and realize, I only have one jack, and there's only 3 bricks holding the car up.... this might pose a problem.

So I commander the jack from Nikki's tiny little hatchback toy car and try my best to stabilize the car.

This is when Physics enters the equation. See, the bricks? They aren't all the same size. Jacking up the car at any of the four points, puts un-even pressure on the remaining point and I can hear these landscaping blocks crumbling. I can then see the car starting to shift.

Ok, no go on these stock scissor jacks in our trunks. Instead I just have them at opposite corners supporting the bricks. In order to get these jack stands under my car, I have to lift it at least 4 inches. These blocks will crack, I'll need at least 4 jacks to lift the car at an equal rate.

So, what are my options here? It's like they never really designed these fucking things to be operated with no tires on it. Gosh... whoda thunk it?

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    Sara LynnSara Lynn I can handle myself. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I listened to "What Becomes of the Brokenhearted" on my way home from work and thought of Dan

sitting in his car

no wheels to go anywhere

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zCz8SKmGek

Hoping and praying for someone to care
    Always moving and goin no where

Sara Lynn on
  • Options
    NogsNogs Crap, crap, mega crap. Crap, crap, mega crap.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I go down there and realize, I only have one jack, and there's only 3 bricks holding the car up.... this might pose a problem.

So I commander the jack from Nikki's tiny little hatchback toy car and try my best to stabilize the car.

This is when Physics enters the equation. See, the bricks? They aren't all the same size. Jacking up the car at any of the four points, puts un-even pressure on the remaining point and I can hear these landscaping blocks crumbling. I can then see the car starting to shift.

Ok, no go on these stock scissor jacks in our trunks. Instead I just have them at opposite corners supporting the bricks. In order to get these jack stands under my car, I have to lift it at least 4 inches. These blocks will crack, I'll need at least 4 jacks to lift the car at an equal rate.

So, what are my options here? It's like they never really designed these fucking things to be operated with no tires on it. Gosh... whoda thunk it?

call a mechanic or maybe a tow truck place. they have to have the tools and/or know-how on how to do this kind of thing safely.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
    PARKER, YOU'RE FIRED! <-- My comic book podcast! Satan look here!
  • Options
    Wrench N RocketsWrench N Rockets Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It looks like from your pictures that there is a cross member in the rear of each rear wheel arch that is sufficiently high enough off the ground for you to get a stand under each, if only for a few minutes.

Secure the rear there, jack the front end up and secure the front proper on the stands.

Then move to the rear, jack that up and remove the bricks and replace the stands.

Then pray the bricks havn't damaged your body.

Wrench N Rockets on
    sig_lambo.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It looks like from your pictures that there is a cross member in the rear of each rear wheel arch that is sufficiently high enough off the ground for you to get a stand under each, if only for a few minutes.

Secure the rear there, jack the front end up and secure the front proper on the stands.

Then move to the rear, jack that up and remove the bricks and replace the stands.

That was my second try at things, when the car actually started shifting.

I decided then to leave this for a guy with wide plate floor jacks, as if they fuck up and drop it on the rotors, they can take the blame.

Of course this means I'll have to get it towed to my insurance "concierge center". So be it.

I'm concerned about where the bricks are underneath the car, they aren't at jackpoints, and I can see them pushing up what seem to be the brake lines and electrical conduits. Might as well get it looked at.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    risumonrisumon Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Holy shit man! That sucks. I lived down the street from you in a semi shady apartment building for like a year and a half with no major problems. Some fun stories, like meeting a girl at the pool who was living with a bunch of post-rehab people.

I saw these on craigslist, posted before today, but seems like a deal.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I call up my insurance agent, "Yeah, thats terrible, but this is not a theft, it's vandalism, so that'll be a $2500 deductible, too bad they didn't just steal the car"

Yes fuck-wad.... too bad for me huh?

Call bullshit on this.

If it's vandalism ask them to show them the part of the car that has been vandalised, if they say the wheels ask them if they are super sure because they appear to have been fucking stolen.

The only thing that has been vandalised is maybe the contact area of the bricks.

Blake T on
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

I decided then to leave this for a guy with wide plate floor jacks, as if they fuck up and drop it on the rotors, they can take the blame.

Of course this means I'll have to get it towed to my insurance "concierge center". So be it.

I'm concerned about where the bricks are underneath the car, they aren't at jackpoints, and I can see them pushing up what seem to be the brake lines and electrical conduits. Might as well get it looked at.

Do you have a small donut spare tire that will still get on one of your wheels?

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited June 2010

stale

what if the bricks have damaged over 25% of the car's value?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Are there two bricks that are at least close to even?

Jack the other two points are re level it.

Alternatively four people four jacks and do it evenly.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yah. What if you just knocked the bricks out and said that is how you found it, would that be enough damage? Of course if it wasn't then you're even more fucked...

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    risumon wrote: »
    Yah. What if you just knocked the bricks out and said that is how you found it, would that be enough damage? Of course if it wasn't then you're even more fucked...

what im saying is, the bricks may have damaged the foundation already enough with the poor support that would require an almost entire new frame on the bottom or something

that could very well be over 25% of the car's value.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Holy shit man! That sucks. I lived down the street from you in a semi shady apartment building for like a year and a half with no major problems. Some fun stories, like meeting a girl at the pool who was living with a bunch of post-rehab people.

I saw these on craigslist, posted before today, but seems like a deal.

HOLY SHIT

I'M GOING TO FUCKING KISS YOU

SERIOUSLY

TONGUE INCOMING

please be still for sale

pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    it would be somewhat funny if you got the new tires installed by morning, and then the thieves come back and are like

what the fuck? didn't we jack that thing just yesterday? how come it still got tires?

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    then you pop out of the trunk with a titanium rod and beat the shit out of them.

Nogs on
    rotate.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010

what im saying is, the bricks may have damaged the foundation already enough with the poor support that would require an almost entire new frame on the bottom or something

that could very well be over 25% of the car's value.

Well, I'll know tomorrow when they tow it.

however the fuck they're going to do that. That really sounds like an "insurance-man tow truck" problem and not a "Stale's wallet" problem.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Seriously though stale can't you argue the vandalism part of your car?

Because that's bullshit if it is vandalism.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    then you pop out of the trunk with a titanium rod and beat the shit out of them.

I have guns.

I don't need rods.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Evidently not, reading the super-fine print on my policy.

My time with Traveler's insurance has come to an end.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There was another set when I changed the searc from magnum to charger.

If they really retail for $2500, seems kind of sketchy though, but who knows.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Blaket wrote: »

Evidently not, reading the super-fine print on my policy.

My time with Traveler's insurance has come to an end.

Oh man that's fucking ridiculous.

Definitely end it but first call em up and tell them you are quitting and see if you can go up the chain and get an exclusion first.

Then quit like a month later.

Also try calling the leasing company, they might be able to help you resource the wheels as they might have had some experience in getting replacements before as well.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll send a message

if these turn out to be mine, I take no responsibility for what happens.

Stale on
    easysig2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm still confused by the insurance shit. I am pretty sure I have collision and comprehensive. And comprehensive should cover anything that isn't me crashing into something or someone crashing into me. I will have to ask when I renew if I get keyed or something minor and want to cover it if that would be comprehensive or not.

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'll send a message

if these turn out to be mine, I take no responsibility for what happens.

Well yah, that second posting did show up today so who knows....

risumon on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm still confused by the insurance shit. I am pretty sure I have collision and comprehensive. And comprehensive should cover anything that isn't me crashing into something or someone crashing into me. I will have to ask when I renew if I get keyed or something minor and want to cover it if that would be comprehensive or not.

Call them now.

Specifically ask if *this* situation happens, is it covered and write down the excess. Ask for a call reference number (it will be recorded) write it all down in a notepad file and upload it to a dropbox.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Lord DaveLord Dave Grief Causer Bitch Free ZoneRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Stale you need to give us a secret code word you can post if you manage to find and murder the thieves

Lord Dave on
    mkc.png
  • Options
    Dely AppleDely Apple Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "wildebeests"

Dely Apple on
    feets.jpg
  • Options
    SASA Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    bing bang boom hamburgertime

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
  • Options
    Beef AvengerBeef Avenger Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    "i need to ditch some bodies"

Beef Avenger on
    Steam ID
    PSN: Robo_Wizard1
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My roommate's girlfriend apparently put up some posters about her stolen shit, and was contacted by a guy who says he knows who did it because "this guy always tries to sell me stolen stuff (I don't know his name though)" and he can get it for her if she pays him like $400

We all suspect that he is in fact the guy who stole the stuff to begin with and probably pulls this shit on college kids all the time

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    BarcardiBarcardi All the Wizards Under A Rock: AfganistanRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I might have missed the answer somewhere in this thread but do you have Renters/Home insurance?

Barcardi on
  • Options
    FramlingFramling FaceHead Geebs has bad ideas.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

I have guns.

I don't need rods.

No, Stale, you don't get it.

You need to break their knees.

Cripple them.

Then

Then

You steal the wheels of their cars.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

their = belonging to them
    there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    StaxeonStaxeon Buffalo, NYRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Framling wrote: »

I have guns.

I don't need rods.

No, Stale, you don't get it.

You need to break their knees.

Cripple them.

Then

Then

You steal the wheels of their cars.

Use their own bricks against them.

JUSTICE

Staxeon on
    Invisible nap is the best nap of all time!
    No man should have that kind of power.
    (Twitter)
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Anyway, someone stole the wheels off my car a while back.

My fucking '92 Buick LeSabre. Someone stole the fucking 1992 Buick LeSabre wheels off my 1992 Buick LeSabre.

I had to spend three hundred fucking dollars on new stupid fucking wheels for my stupid fucking car I didn't even want anymore and I was fucking unemployed.

Hey guy who stole my stupid fucking wheels when I was unemployed:

If I ever figure out who you are...

You will wish that I hadn't.

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Man that shit is so fucking stupid. They stole your wheels just to piss you off.

How many stupid enemies do you have Stale?

Also, $2500 deductible? Surely you can get a set of brand new wheels and tyres for less than that.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It's a lease so he has to have OEM wheels and tires on it when he returns it and they cost $Texas.

(This has been covered about six times.)

Framling on
    you're = you are
    your = belonging to you

there = not here
    they're = they are
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well shit I guess I should have read past like the second page before I posted.

Donovan Puppyfucker on