As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Art...?

DefectiveDefective Registered User new member
edited September 2010 in Artist's Corner
So I just got a new tablet after years and have finally started drawing again so pretty rusty; I know theres some stuff wrong with the anatomy; so any hints would be great. Se here's some Deadpool fanart that I did since I hear he's gonna bash people's skulls in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 with their own life bar. Kinda sent me on a tangent...

ddpl.jpg

dead.jpg

Defective on

• Options
    NakedZerglingNakedZergling A more apocalyptic post apocalypse Portland OregonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The first one is awesome. I really like it. It seems intentionally distorted. The bottom one shows off your anatomy issues. Keep at it. I would tell you you may want to keep working with pencil and paper. To try to learn anatomy issues while learning the tablet may make things much harder. Post more sketches.

NakedZergling on
  • Options
    DefectiveDefective Registered User new member
    edited September 2010
    Well thanks man; and I would post some of my sketches...but my scanner has been missing for many years...what I do have is a basic character design and a WIP:

A character created for a forum based rpg that I joined. Only took a couple hours; I intend to make constant changes to him and develop the character design more; but this is what I did thus far:
    kael.jpg

Also a WIP step by step of a soundwave fan work:

soundwave.jpg
    soundwaveprimary.jpg
    soundwavefore.jpg

I have been around this site for a loooong time; just never posted anything cause I didn't like my own art. So I joined as a new screen name now that I think I am at a level where I understand enough that you guys can help me. The forum is filled with amazing artists and I would love any cristisizm you have for me. It can only help me grow from this point.

Defective on
  • Options
    AlecxantAlecxant Registered User regular
    edited September 2010
    I think you have solid line work on your drawing of Sound wave. Nice variation, and clean lines. The only problem is, I just don't really know whats happening. The torso looks too small, its hand looks small and Its hard to distinguish if thats a rifle or something hes holding. and everything to the left is confusing me. perhaps changing the color of the rifle (if thats what it is) slightly could help make it more evident that its a separate object from the robot. All this criticism being said, I do admire your lines, and the interesting perspective of the drawing. Keep updating it on here, please.

Alecxant on