As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[World Cup] "The Green Error" to live in infamy, vuvuzelas are omgterrible

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Damn, wide.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm suprised the # of shots from each team is so even. 8 shots a piece. Quite interesting, though i feel the netherlends are a better side they just aren't quite doing it.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Own goal!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    BiosysBiosys Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    (own) GOOOOOOAAALLLLLLLL

Unlucky for Denmark, it's been a pretty underwhelming match so far, both sides seem very equally matched, more so than I thought.

Biosys on
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, we're done.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    well, lets hope this lights a fire and we start seeing both teams push forward to get some more goals.

Draeven on
    Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Haha wow. Way to ruin 45 minutes of good work.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Damn Van Persie, why didn't you kick?

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    David_TDavid_T A fashion yes-man is no good to me. Copenhagen, DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Simon Poulsen, by the way, was the guy who played the first 30 minutes of Denmarks last friendly before the WC against South Africa and was then yanked for crappiness. Although against SA, there were crappiness abound, so kinda unfair to single him out for it.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Some of that defending was...huh. Nice push by Netherlands.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elia as a sub has been quite energetic.

Draeven on

• Options
    NATIKNATIK DenmarkRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Boring match, at least there was the own goal by Simon Paulsen, I was laughing my ass off for a few minutes afterwards (yes I am not very patriotic).

NATIK on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PantsBPantsB Fake Thomas Jefferson Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Missed all the action apparently on Holland-Denmark, but Denmark look like they're going to be a tough out.

I think Cameroon and Japan might just end up scoreless.

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
    QEDMF xbl: PantsB G+
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Really ? im thinking its gonna be a hellbent for leather back and forth match with a ton of shots on goal. Both teams play with speed and can run for days.

Draeven on

• Options
    Space CoyoteSpace Coyote Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Even if it is scoreless, I don't think it will be boring.

Space Coyote on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Lots of empty seats again.

I'm thinking scoreless because both teams are in turmoil with infighting between either the star striker or coach and both have a tendency to be out of control. Cameroon aren't bad attacking, but Japan (except against England when they lost the plot) are a solid defensive team

ed
    Etoo is pissed already at the coin toss. We'll see how that goes

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well, the schedulemakers did a pretty good job, it seems, of picking out which match in any given set of three is most likely to be a snoozer, and making it the undercard of the day so the Western Hemisphere can safely, well, snooze through it.

EDIT: Oh wow was it a mistake to give this one 4-0 to Cameroon.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

I'm thinking scoreless because both teams are in turmoil with infighting between either the star striker or coach and both have a tendency to be out of control. Cameroon aren't bad attacking, but Japan (except against England when they lost the plot) are a solid defensive team

ed

Infighting? I knew Cameroon had some but I didn't know Japan suffered from infighting too.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    GoslingGosling Looking Up Soccer In Mongolia Right Now, Probably Watertown, WIRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ah yes, the insane hats. The OTHER South African fan tradition, the makarapa.

A makarapa is a whole bunch of lunatic shit stuck on a helmet. It has to be a helmet, because that's what protects you from beer bottles raining down from the nosebleed section.

Gosling on
    I have a new soccer blog The Minnow Tank. Reading it psychically kicks Sepp Blatter in the bean bag.
  • Options
    TavTav Irish Minister for DefenceRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DEAR CAMEROON

OVER THE TOP BALLS AREN'T GOING TO WORK, PLEASE PASS TO THE FEET

LOVE,
    EVERYONE WHOSE ALREADY BORED OF THIS MATCH

Tav on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That goalie should be awarded an Oscar. Seriously, I think only his foot touched the other guy.

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    PantsB wrote: »

ed

Infighting? I knew Cameroon had some but I didn't know Japan suffered from infighting too.

Infighting in that they've been so terrible in warm up matches that the coach offered jokingly to resign and the national association came close to taking him up on it. Maybe wasn't the best word, but that's not the best place mentally and emotionally for success at the World Cup one would think. That and almost everyone has been laughing at the coach's claim that they can get to the semi finals and he's being openly criticized by many associated with the team (former coaches, former players etc)

article in English

PantsB on
    11793-1.png
    day9gosu.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    That goalie should be awarded an Oscar. Seriously, I think only his foot touched the other guy.

But his back touched the grund. Hard and I dare say painfully.

David_T on
    euj90n71sojo.png
  • Options
    MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Birds on the field eatin' grass?

You bet!

Wolrd Cup 2010~

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    UGH, that could have been something.

Gosling on
  • Options
    RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yay Japan!

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    GOAL! IT'S HONDA!

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    almost a breakaway there,

Holy crap japan scores!

Draeven on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    OLOLOL. Japan scores! Didn't expect them to score the 1st goal.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    psychoticdreampsychoticdream Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    NICE goal by japan

psychoticdream on
  • Options
    ChenChen Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Who else but Honda?

Chen on
    V0Gug2h.png
  • Options
    garroad_rangarroad_ran Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    That was a really nice finish. Perfect placement with half a second to stop the ball and look up. This should open up the game a bit more, hopefully.

garroad_ran on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Though i think we will have to see what happens in teh 2nd half , if they change their formations into a more offensive set up.

Draeven on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    That could easily have been a penalty.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Close call.

lionheart_m on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Cameroon is at least putting up a fight now.

Gosling on
  • Options
    oldmankenoldmanken Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They need to bring on Song.

oldmanken on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Come on, Cameroon. Hold the damn board up.

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    How is JAPAN the first team to make a substitution? I don't even...

Gosling on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I wonder how long will Japan hold? It's only a matter of time now.

lionheart_m on
This discussion has been closed.