As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

RADlands - and THEN the eel man comes for a little one on one

SquallSquall hap cloudRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Social Entropy++
RADLands-1.png

Seven days ago, the world ended. Not with a bang, or with a whimper, but with a sound like a trumpet being played by a tone-deaf zebra.

Grab your shotgun and don your re-purposed sporting equipment - Ragnarok's come and it's time to mess shit up.

100.png
(click for 2.0 rules)

Seasons now available on SegaCD: [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9] [10] [11] [12] [13]

If you do not want to make a character, but would still like to bip in occasionally/fuck with the players, then do I have good news for you! Characters whose names are written in Lime may be controlled by anyone who wanders into the thread. Anyone. Just make sure to post the character's actions in Sandybrown so DE?AD notices them.

Update Schedule:

MWF: One update per day
TR: Persistent updates from 1200-1400 or 1800-2000 Pacific time
Weekends: itisamystery5if6jb.gif

There are currently five missions happening simultaneously:

[Black as Light] [Viscount Islands, Speed Racer]
Estimated Location: Rome
Description: Things kind of went to shit back there, yeah? Times are alright now though. Time to keep spreading the good word for the BPs.

[Sydney's Quest for Fire] [Neotoma, Tommy2hands, Thor4242, Shock G]
Estimated Location: Chicago
Description:Sydney will not be at peace until she was the strongest there every was. She needs to fully explore and understand her pyrokinesis. Cassandra has found large amounts of heat radiating from the ruins of Chicago, along with some heavy psychic energy. She believes Sydney may find what she is looking for there.

[Jayce Needs to Get Over Himself] [Krosius, Raneados, Shabooty, Scarlet St., Cyense, VALVEjunkie, Lockout, Corom]
Estimated Location: London
Description:Jayce's internal conflict is wrecking his subneural security. He needs to find a way to deal with it, and Cassandra believes the leader of a particular mutant colony in the RADwrecked carcass of London may be able to help him gain some insight into his inner conflict.

[Robots are People Too] [Squall, Antimatter, Kueller, DontShootToasters, Marshmallow]
Estimated Location: Tokyo
Description:Sorta. The robots need to figure out who, and what they are exactly. Until they can truly understand what they are, they can't hope to stand up to a subneural intrusion. Cassandra has found a large robot colony in Tokyo that may be able to help them discover their true potential and seal up the gaps in their Subneural Signatures.

[RAD Enough Dudes][Fire Truck, Stilts, Cheeseliker, Dux, Dubh]
Estimated Location:
Washington DC
Description: The Ocean King's heart and subneural network beat in the same rhythm as his nation, a nation currently being ruled by a hockey-mask wearing loony. This country's only big enough for one delusional, self-styled monarch. Are you a bad enough dude to depose the president?

[PENDING MISSIONS]

[Jimothy's Mom May or May Not Have it Going On] [MISSION PENDING]
Estimated Location: Miami
Description:Jimothy wants to find his mom. Cassandra hopes that doing so will sure up the security of his Subneural Signature, and Clams hopes that doing so will shut him up. Cassandra has discovered a lead on a possible genetic match in the ruins of Miami that she believes looks promising.

[DLC MISSIONS]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Warren's Crepes] [DLC] [Purchased by: Squall, Dubh, Marshmallow, DontShootToasters, Raneados, VALVEjunkie, Scarlet St., Tommy2hands]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo Dryer, a new refugee to The Camp, tells of a family restaurant transported into the desert. An evil presence has taken over the restaurant, causing Leo to flee in search of help. This optional task must be undertaken by a group willing to delve into the very bowels of hell to save a place that serves really really really good hash browns.

[Bring Down This Guy] [DLC] [Purchased by: Tommy2hands, Dux, Lockout]
Estimated Location: Western Nevada
Description: Leo's sister has sent him word of a pro-human organization in Atlanta by the name of "Hellhound". Mutants have been going missing around the area, and Hellhound is believed to be the cause. She'd like someone to investigate the problem.

[DLC ACCESSORIZERS AND BAUBLES]URL="https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_donations&business=MTWSharlow%40gmail%2ecom&lc=US&no_note=1&no_shipping=1&currency_code=USD&bn=PP%2dDonationsBF%3abtn_donateCC_LG%2egif%3aNonHosted"]Add Points[/URL
[Whore's Armor][25%][Armor: -5% [P] Damage; Distracting: Inflicts a -10% penalty on attacks against you, or a -15% penalty if you have Hot]

[Bloody Raccoon Armor][25%] [Leo's cousin has acquired a set of hide armor he found on a dead woodsman in what used to be yellowstone. It appears to be a heavy leather jacket lined with blood-stained, and highly iRADiated, raccoon fur. It's quite comfortable.] [Armor -5% [P] Damage; Gliding: After running your full [P] in feet, you may glide an equal distance.][32000 RADLand Points]

[Hat Pack][A collection of stylish hats.][2000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Platinum Account][A platinum card with magnetized strip. It has a picture of a starship on it. Just knowing you own the card fills you with pride and a sense of accomplishment. You gain +10% character points.][89000000 RADLand Points]

[Glossolalia Black Account][A heavy, black graphite card with a picture of a strange city engraved into it. Just knowing you own it makes you feel suave and important. Requires Platinum Account.][Special: The Card increases your RAD cap by 10%; VIP: You're a very important person, NPCs know it, and will react favorably.][9800000000 RADLand Points]

[Introducing the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection! Be the envy of your friends! Impress women! Show that dick at work who's boss! You are! If you collect Glossolalia Collectible Card Colelction Cards! Each Card comes with a unique, useful, and occasionally devastating Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Capability! Collect all the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards and be the Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Card Collection Commander! And, thanks to the patented Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Carry-Over, all Cards remains with you through all Glossolalia-Brand Games! Only 50000 Glossolalia Points, ORDER NOW!
[Glossolalia Collectible Card Collection Cards Currently Available]
[Speed Racer]
[Jo'Marli]
[Locth]
[Feli]
[Thieresai]
[The Urson]
[Kih'tan (Planet)]
[Grezzibel]
[Skyaergarigyth]
[Starfish Cove]
[Ol' Stregged]
[Kih'Tan (Species)]
[ICEberg]

...and many more coming soon!

Squall on

• Options
    scarlet st.scarlet st. Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am a bad enough dude.
    but I am in London.

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Badguy group is in Rome now Squall

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    zzzz so tired

radlandsssssss

Raneados on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't need your shit, speed

I made you that theme and by god I can take it away (no I can't)

Squall on
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    a new thread appeared overnight

like maaaagic

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    CheeselikerCheeseliker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oh hello

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    godddddd

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    godddddd

I just saw The Machinist for the first time last week

good movie

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    zimfan wrote: »
    godddddd

I just saw The Machinist for the first time last week

good movie

:^:

scarlet st. on
    japsig.jpg
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I'm lovin' this new thread title.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    Tommy2HandsTommy2Hands what is this where am i Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Syd wants to be the strongest there every was?

Also, I was get him to the Greek last night and it was fantastic

I reccomend everyone here go see it

Tommy2Hands on
    8j12qx8ma5j5.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I just watched Book of Eli. I enjoyed it for the most part.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I just watched it rain furiously for a space of about 6 minutes. And I am having a bunch of friends over to hang out outdoors in celebration of my birthday on Monday.

This does not bode well.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cyense wrote: »
    I just watched it rain furiously for a space of about 6 minutes. And I am having a bunch of friends over to hang out outdoors in celebration of my birthday on Monday.

This does not bode well.

Hi five me too

the rain part not the birthday

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    CyenseCyense Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    We could have been birthday-friends.

Cyense on
    anteater.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Todays my 21st birthday. Got so drunk last night by midnight I wasn't allowed in the bars...Good times.

Cheeseliker on
  • Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    a good start to your year of liver death

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    happy birthday cheese, I'll be celebrating my twenty-first in six weeks

Squall on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    feeling old

thanks jerks

Raneados on
  • Options
    alternatingAberrationalternatingAberration I am the milk man My milk is deliciousRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will be celebrating my twenty-first next year.

alternatingAberration on
    xI8QS1g.jpg?1
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will be celebrating my twenty-first in four years

Antimatter on
  • Options
    VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    i will be celebrating my 21st in five years

VALVEjunkie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I hate feeling like my mental faculties are being impeded, so I had one beer for my 21st birthday.

Yeah, I know, I'm boring; but in my defense, I don't really need the liberating effects of alcohol to behave like a loon. That's just my natural state past 9 PM.

EDIT: Wow. We got some young'uns in this here thread.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    you know... the day will come one day

where I'll have been posting here for longer than someone else has been ALIVE

the law clearly states i cannot be prosecuted for their murder

Raneados on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I've been posting on internet forums for, like, 10 years now. When I was 14, I GMed a Final Fantasy forum RPG that lasted three years. I will not say I'm particularly proud of the writing, but it was a pretty important stepping-stone for me.

So...yeah...what Raneados said, except replace "here" with "on the internet".

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    DoobhDoobh She/Her, Ace Pan/Bisexual 8-) What's up, bootlickers?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    still celebrating

Doobh on
    Miss me? Find me on:

Twitch (I stream most days of the week)
    Twitter (mean leftist discourse)
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    feeling old

thanks jerks

Imagine how I feel.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    feeling old

thanks jerks

Imagine how I feel.

you're like... 20

Raneados on
  • Options
    DE?ADDE?AD Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    DE?AD wrote: »
    feeling old

thanks jerks

Imagine how I feel.

you're like... 20

24, but, y'know. That thing.

DE?AD on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    It's so weird seeing a Gloss thread without a blue dot, so here's this post!

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    huh that's odd I never see one without a blue dot :rotate:

Squall on
  • Options
    ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I think I'm gonna ask lexxy to draw me a chet

Shabooty on
  • Options
    NeoTomaNeoToma Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Todays my 21st birthday. Got so drunk last night by midnight I wasn't allowed in the bars...Good times.

Happy birthday Dudeski

NeoToma on
  • Options
    Viscount IslandsViscount Islands [INSERT SoKo HERE] ...it was the summer of my lifeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So how's the battle entry coming along and stuff?

Viscount Islands on
    I want to do with you
    What spring does with the cherry trees.
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    he's been working diligently all day as far as I know

it is simultaneously the best and worst thing he has ever created

Squall on
  • Options
    Fire TruckFire Truck I love my SELFRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Based on what I have seen of it, I am literally giddy with anticipation.

Fire Truck on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I have a lot of ideas for if I make it to go against DE?AD.

Most of them are utterly heinous, but you know, they're still ideas.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    de/ad just kills off henry

bestt entry

Squall on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    You're assuming Henry dying would bother me!

Edit: or anyone, really. He's just an RP character.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    stayalivemovie.png

Squall on
This discussion has been closed.