Options

What's wrong with you?

• Options
    oogmaroogmar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Henroid wrote: »
    Since emotional / state of mind stuff has people posting here;

My best friend has been pushing me away for the last couple months insisting that nothing is wrong and I've just about had all I can take.

That's rough. How long have you guys been friends? Sometimes people move on, but us dick types tend to push away those we love the most 'cause we're big ninnies about hurting them.

oogmar on
    Rane, you lazy bastard, you can shut the hell up.

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
  • Options
    spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

My best friend has been pushing me away for the last couple months insisting that nothing is wrong and I've just about had all I can take.

i went through that recently as well, not with best friends, but good ones none the less. it's pretty crappy and i didn't like losing them at all, but have pretty much accepted it by now.

spazmojack on
  • Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oogmar wrote: »

That's rough. How long have you guys been friends? Sometimes people move on, but us dick types tend to push away those we love the most 'cause we're big ninnies about hurting them.

Four years almost.

Actual time doesn't really mean a whole lot though in my experience. Some people prove to be valuable and comforting and awesome in a shorter amount of time, and some people aren't capable of those things much at all. I've known some people for almost a decade that haven't been as good a friend as this one or some others.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    My best lady just got cheated on ~9 times, most of which she found out about in one push, then had to move out of a house from a murderer and a felon who liked to lock his baby and baby mama in the closet for no reason but he was in a bad mood. Said felon was not the guy she was dating.

But I lost my best lady for almost a year. It's not easy when they fade out and you know there's something wrong. Fortunately, she knew that whenever she called was a safe time to call, and whenever she needed to cry was a safe time to cry. A lot of hurt and damage later, I have her back. I want to shoot everybody involved in her pain, but the best I can do, still, is pick up the phone at the odd hour she calls.

oogmar on

• Options
    Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    it's a passage of time thing, usually

high school friends obviously can't follow you everywhere, and people go their respective paths after college

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »

high school friends obviously can't follow you everywhere, and people go their respective paths after college

Absolutely, but occasionally you have a friend that calls for help in their quietest voice... or you have a friend you wish would call for you... but they never do. Sad day.

Man, I have to work soon. Sleep needs to happen at some point, since copious drinking totally didn't do anything.

oogmar on

• Options
    HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Anjin-San wrote: »

I've managed to keep in touch quite well, relatively speaking, with just two people from highschool. Some of my other friendships from that time got sabotaged along the way (see: my brother turning into an asshole and kicking me out of the apartment).

One of my friends (she would have otherwise been a third person from highschool) freaked out on me earlier this year via Facebook. She does model work now I guess and became a Facebook friend gatherer. Some trend on Facebook came up where people were changing their profile pictures to their celebrity "look-alike" or whatever. She joined into it late, but before she did she had made a post asking people which of two people she looked most like. I paid her the compliment of sticking to who she is. Her reaction was the delete the comment and block me from communicating to her on Facebook.

So much for that.

She can have fun with Hugh Jackman or whatever, since she's met him at a couple parties. Hey she's earned I guess. Why have Henroid, the guy who stuck with you for a bunch of years when you needed someone to hear you out, when you can have Hugh-fucking-Jackman?

I'm not bitter one bit!

Henroid on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    This is going to sound weird but I am feeling a bit down on life because things are good. I've got plenty of money, good job prospects, good friends, in great health. It's as if I need some sort of drama to keep me going. Else I'm just coasting along.

Still single though. Fixing that might help.

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    marty_0001 wrote: »
    This is going to sound weird but I am feeling a bit down on life because things are good. I've got plenty of money, good job prospects, good friends, in great health. It's as if I need some sort of drama to keep me going. Else I'm just coasting along.

Fixing the single thing might just 'fix' you of all of those other crosses you're bearing. You never know! :P

Edit: Oh God, seriously, sleep. Next to the dying cat. She's beautiful. I'll miss her.

PS to the Edit: She's not dead yet, but after 2 decades and as serious kidney disease and the fact that we're burying my only real father's ashes via a drive to the midwest while leaving the frail thing with once-a-day-maybe visitors, I'm not placing any bets for longevity.

PPS to the Edit: These bad weeks are good. They lead to extraordinary days.

PPPS give or take: I haven't suspended in almost a year. This may explain things. <3s to you all.

oogmar on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    oogmar help

my problem is that i am too fantastic

Raneados on
  • Options
    EdcrabEdcrab Actually a hack Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    My problem is Rane

Someone fix Rane

Edcrab on
    cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Some people are dependent in a way on things being wrong or drama. A teacher in highschool called me out on orchestrating unnecessary drama when things were going swimmingly well for a time.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Raneados wrote: »
    oogmar help

my problem is that i am too fantastic

Rane, note my signature.

It's down there.

Below this bit where I say, "Seriously, I'm going to sleep now, because trying to get drunk to the point of being an unreasonable bitch didn't work."

Right below it.

Below the bonus <3

oogmar on

• Options
    RaneadosRaneados police apologist you shouldn't have been there, obviouslyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    L|amaL|ama Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    crude oil on water reflects more light than normal seawater

wouldn't have guessed it

L|ama on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    BYToadyBYToady Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

Some people are dependent in a way on things being wrong or drama. A teacher in highschool called me out on orchestrating unnecessary drama when things were going swimmingly well for a time.

I want to slap the both of you, drama is such bullshit.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've had chronic back pain for two or three years now?

It's like I've forgotten what it's like for my back not being in pain.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    BYToady wrote: »

I've been out of highschool for a number of years now, chill. STOP CAUSING DRAMA.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

well it means there's a lot less light getting through for photosynthesis

it also means that the ocean will probably be a bit colder there, so hurricanes might be a bit less powerful

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    L|ama wrote: »
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

it also means that the ocean will probably be a bit colder there, so hurricanes might be a bit less powerful

Wait what, I thought the oil on the surface was helping the ocean water to retain heat, which will make hurricanes worse?

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

I've been out of highschool for a number of years now, chill. STOP CAUSING DRAMA.

I am going to do a header off a toilet seat so I can invent a time machine so I can be your teacher and slap you for orchestrating drama.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

Wait what, I thought the oil on the surface was helping the ocean water to retain heat, which will make hurricanes worse?

uhh hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah oil would evaporate far less than water and carry less heat away, which would be more important over long time scales.

I dunno lol

L|ama on
  • Options
    marty_0001marty_0001 I am a file and you put documents in meRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010

Are you saying I should be happy with my happiness? How absurd!

marty_0001 on
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Drama is so delicious though. I mean other people's drama.

Sometimes I do enjoy some drama of my own,you know,to feel a bit social and all.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well I learnt something

but yes fish and such would be affected too

and the ocean will cool considerably

Wouldn't be very fun if you were swimming

which I am sure many people are just busting to do

The Black Hunter on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

uhh hmm, I hadn't thought of that. Yeah oil would evaporate far less than water and carry less heat away, which would be more important over long time scales.

I dunno lol

I guess we'll find out soon enough since hurricane season looms near.

Edit - Experimentation is science afterall. We need a control group though!

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    is that bad

the ocean is terrible

fuckin squids

I dunno lol

I guess we'll find out soon enough since hurricane season looms near.

Edit - Experimentation is science afterall. We need a control group though!

Hurricane goes over oil slick, becomes oil hurricane, hits land, starts a fire, becomes a spiraling pillar of flame that destroys the world.

BYToady on
    Battletag BYToady#1454
  • Options
    SilvenSilven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Someone get BY a movie budget ASAP.

Silven on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was just weird since I assumed oil=black, ocean=blue, black is darker than blue, black absorbs more. Wrong!

L|ama on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well I mean, I'm in no way smart about science. I could be wrong and you could be right.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    nah you're probably right

there's also the fact that the gulf is a very open system, so it will exchange water with the rest of the atlantic and all these changes will be very small

except for the photosynthesis thing, that's gonna suck

L|ama on
  • Options
    spazmojackspazmojack Hangin on the corner of 52nd and BroadwayRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Silven wrote: »
    Someone get BY a movie budget ASAP.

Slick Impact

The story of a rogue hurricane that leaves the countryside blacker than the blackest black...

TIMES INFINITY!

spazmojack on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I should go down to the gulf this week. I've got nothing to do, I could make the trip in a day.

Henroid on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    SE++ has stopped moving for six minutes.

Henroid on
  • Options
    SilvenSilven Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Sorry, my bad.

I'll start thrusting again.

Silven on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Blaket wrote: »
    I've had chronic back pain for two or three years now?

It's like I've forgotten what it's like for my back not being in pain.

Get thee to an MD mister Blake

I had progressing pain in my back and ignored it, finally went to the Dr. and discovered oh hey asshole, you have a pair of slipped/compressed discs in your lower spine. Thankfully the PT seems to be working so no surgery necessary at this point.

Usagi on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I've spent maybe three months for at a physio and four at an oesteopath.

Nether fixed it and at best it took the edge off.

Blake T on
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hurricane goes over oil slick, becomes oil hurricane, hits land, starts a fire, becomes a spiraling pillar of flame that destroys the world.

http://xkcd.com/748/

You'd better get that IP registered my friend, you have competition...

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
This discussion has been closed.