As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini] Witch Hunt - Coven eliminated, Village victory

• Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ... As tempting as that sounds, I'm pushing that plan to the back burner. I wanna win a Phalla because I contributed, damn it!
    Heh, tempting.
    :winky:

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Egos wrote: »
    so...cap does this mean you aren't interested in establishing a witch harem :( ?

Um... just how do you think he's lighting them on fire? Friction?

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    so...cap does this mean you aren't interested in establishing a witch harem :( ?

Um... just how do you think he's lighting them on fire? Friction?

Ow. That mental image was not called for.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    EgosEgos Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ...so you don't want to be one of the few men left alive whose soul purpose is to fill wanton ladies' carnal desires?

:(

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ...so you don't want to be one of the few men left alive whose soul purpose is to fill wanton ladies' carnal desires?

:(

As I said, I haven't ruled it out, but it's on the back burner.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited June 2010
    Night of Day 1

Amid the mass confusion of the trial announcements, the village is overwhelmed. Accusations of demon worship, sexual deviancy, and animal sacrifice are leveled at many people. However, the overwhelming voice indicates Edward Bridges (INeedNoSalt), the local blacksmith, has been cavorting after dark. Due to the overwhelming testimony, the Magistrate is forced to find him guilty of witchcraft, sorcery, and blaphemy against The Lord, Our Father.

Edward Bridges is tied to a chair and held under Ell pond until he drowns. He is found innocent posthumaneously, as witchcraft did not save him. His death is his badge of innocence. The Magistrate offers his condolences to his widow.

That night, the body of Mary Frye (Dunadan019) is found on outside of her barn. She has been dismembered and marked with pentagrams and moon sigils.

It's said that Samuel Backstreet, who lives on the next farm, was seen fleeing from the scene of her grizzly murder. The whispers even speak of blood on his hands and an evil gleam in his eye.

THE DEAD

Edward Bridges, Blacksmith (INeedNoSalt) Found innocent of witchcraft after trial by drowning
    Mary Frye, Farmwife (Dunadan019) Killed by the coven

The next day of trials may now begin

Shushnik on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, that could have gone better.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    HippieHippie Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Calling the coven kill'eh?

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    On the bright side, Egos is Samuel Bradstreet, due to him asking for Anne earlier.

So, !Egos

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ironhide_facepalm.jpg

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    do you really think I'm that dumb? really?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

...Well, you're mentioned in the narration as pretty suspicious, so I don't think it's an unreasonable place to start.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Cap, you need to be a bit quiet around here. Someone needs to get a seer on you though. Round abouts now.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Wouldn't you be Samuel Bradstreet, Cap?

You called the kill on Duna and the narration said the Coven got to him/her before you.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

...Well, you're mentioned in the narration as pretty suspicious, so I don't think it's an unreasonable place to start.

A) I'm an easy target because I named myself.

B) There are witches involved. AKA magic

C)The OP has everyone's name, so its easy to find who someone is. So easy Shusnik would have to be a crappy host if it was as simple as pick a name match to player.

and Hippie I'm Samuel.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I'm pretty sure the host isn't going to flat out tell us the names of the mafia. I'm also pretty sure there are abilities that let you influence the narration.

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Well, Hippie, on page three,
    ok

Anne!? ANNE!?

And there is only one Anne. Anne Bradstreet.
    Which makes her husband is Samuel Bradstreet.

Thus the person asking for Anne is Samuel Bradstreet.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ok

Anne!? ANNE!?

I don't think Egos is denying that he's Samuel

Megatin on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

and Hippie I'm Samuel.

I r confused now.

I'm thinking Coven narration tampering maybe.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    ok

Anne!? ANNE!?

I don't think Egos is denying that he's Samuel

I didn't see that. I had to go quote digging a bit, just to double check.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    ok

Anne!? ANNE!?

I get that, I was just going with your calling dunas kill.

Hippie on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just a thought, the coven kill might be them manipulating someone into being a killer.

I don't know how much we can trust the narration not to be full of hijinks.

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    INeedNoSaltINeedNoSalt with blood on my teeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    ooooOooOoo

Later that night, the blacksmith returns. He is carried on the wings of angels, proof that the LORD and SAVIOUR have accepted him into heaven. He wears golden jewelry and flowing white robes.

He speaks to the congregation...

"Fuck alla y'all."

oooo :(

INeedNoSalt on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Yeah, calling a kill on dunadan... poor thinking. You're supposed to pick a target that isn't likely to die

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Just a thought, the coven kill might be them manipulating someone into being a killer.

I don't know how much we can trust the narration not to be full of hijinks.

Well, I see what yall are saying, and it's a serious possibility that the narration is screwed up.

Of course, it could be accurate. So, I dunno. Who do yall think we should vote for?
    Phyphor wrote: »
    Yeah, calling a kill on dunadan... poor thinking. You're supposed to pick a target that isn't likely to die

Hey, I'm new to this vig thing. Gimme a break. :(

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    UltaruneUltarune Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Hopefully Cap can call a kill tonight that won't be intercepted by mafia, but I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt. Egos is damned by the narration, and while it could be narrative manipulation, or as someone suggested the coven controls someone to do there kill for them, the lake is one way to find out for sure. Then again, narration naming a killer is fairly common, it is perhaps everyone who was so loose with their identify attempting to find their spouse who was in error.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Ultarune wrote: »
    Then again, narration naming a killer is fairly common, it is perhaps everyone who was so loose with their identify attempting to find their spouse who was in error.

In error of what exactly Ulta?

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Then again, narration naming a killer is fairly common, it is perhaps everyone who was so loose with their identify attempting to find their spouse who was in error.

In error of what exactly Ulta?

I think he's saying that the names were supposed to be more secret. And his point makes sense, but it's a bit too late for people to start worrying about the safety of your name. About half the village is outed, and chances are that the other half is known to their significant other (aside from the three widows/children/spinsters).

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Most games don't have every role in the OP...

Egos on
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Do you think Shushnik planned for us to yell out names?

Svenska on
    Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Considering its an alternate win condition and a number of players followed suit.. I would say he was foolish if he didn't think of it.

Not to mention there is no chance of a cover name if someone did a rolecall....

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Yah, most everyone being paired off with a spouse, but not told their player name, told me that your character name was really important and should be protected. When a large number of people started shouting for their spouse, by name no less, I was leery because they were throwing away their identity. If you didn't presume this Egos, and are a Mafia who gets caught day 2 because of a narraton reveal, thats rough luck, but I think its the best lead we have right now. Nothing personal if you got caught by the game not working the way you assumed it would, I think we've all been there at least once.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Nothing personal if you got caught by the game not working the way you assumed it would, I think we've all been there at least once.

I didn't presume anything, I pursued an avenue given to me within the confines of the rules. Im arguing for you to have a brain and think that there wouldnt be 25 names in the OP that can be linked to 25 players (and that its so easy you can just read the narration). No room for alternate names to be given to a village lead should they call for it. And you think the narration is reliable.

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    It was my understanding the role calls were considered poor form, so I don't believe the host needs to accomodate something that is generally agreed upon as undesireable. I have no problem believing that all 25 names are revealed in the op, and that there are only 25 names out there. Most phallas place a high premium upon obsfucating ones own identity. If you feel otherwise, than we can agree to disagree, but by my reasoning and interpretation of the rules, you are the best lead we have right now. Cheers.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There would be no reason for me to call for my wife if I was bad.. but think what you like.

There is only mention of one person being responsible for Dunadan in the narration and capfalcon called a kill. If he thinks I'd be so stupid as to present who I am while being a baddie. I'm stupid enough to think he may have thought he would have appeared as a villager during his little possession.

capfalcon

Egos on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    There would be no reason for me to call for my wife if I was bad.. but think what you like.

There is only mention of one person being responsible for Dunadan in the narration and capfalcon called a kill. If he thinks I'd be so stupid as to present who I am while being a baddie. I'm stupid enough to think he may have thought he would have appeared as a villager during his little possession.

capfalcon

That's the silliest bunch of silly that ever sillied.

We have tol give cap another night to prove himself. Unless you're theorizing that we either don't have a vig or have an inactive one (since there wasn't a vig kill last night). it seems just as reasonable that he did in fact correctly call his kill and just managed to hit the same target as the mafia did.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    !Egos it's worth knowing if the narration can be trusted. If you're clean we can start ignoring it and apologize to you afterwards.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Does it prevent or encourage a role-call?

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I don't think your stupid Egos, I just think you might have accidently trapped yourself by a misunderstanding of how the game was going to work.

Ultarune on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Also, damn, enlightenedbum.

Why would you even post that if you aren't mafia?

Lucedes on