Options

Re: [Mini - Phalla] Hunter - Praise Caine! [Mafia Victory]

15678911»

• Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis wrote: »
    We've been sitting on one kill for 2 days now. Our only kills were Toxic, Hippie, and Me (limited to a max of 2 kills per night).

Oh, well then I probably would have gotten voted out, unless it came down to mr. d, a mafia, and me, and mr. d decided to let me win.

Also I SWORE I put in a placeholder order among the dozens of clarification I made to LFHX about my role, but it turns out I didn't and got distracted by civ 4 X_X

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I was pretty much convinced that after two days of not killing the person that I told Mr. D I would that my cover of neutral would have been pretty much boned if there was a next night.

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Aegis, Hippie, and I each had a kill. We could use two kills a night. After Hippie and I died, we were limited to one a night.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    LoserForHireXLoserForHireX Philosopher King The AcademyRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Role PM's

Defender
    Defender
    You are Diane Leary, Defender
    Your life turned upside down less than six months ago. It began with a man and a woman in a nearly empty parking lot. They were having an argument, and she started screaming. Something changed, as you saw the license plate on a nearby car change to say “Save Her.” Then came the sight. You saw that the man had thin and greasy hair. His skin was gray and sick, and above all wrong. You rushed the man and tackled him away from the woman. You screamed at her to run, and she got away safe. You have been protecting the world from the monsters that plague it ever since. It just feels right to defend the innocent around you. Through your investigations you have found something lurking in this town. Find it, eliminate the threat.

Zealot – In addition to the normal village win condition, you need to ensure that more of the monsters are slain than redeemed.

Champion – You may choose one person and defend them from any threat that comes after them. However, you aren't invincible. You do have a knack for healing fast, but the beating that you're going to take will force you to only use this power sparingly (Odd days).
    Avenger
    Avenger
    You are Mark Hammond, Avenger
    You always thought that people were taking advantage of the people around them. You have proof now. Three months ago is when it began. On the subway, there was a very smelly hobo riding around. When the train came to a stop, the voice over the speakers was different. It said “It poisons the world.” And you saw that the smelly man wasn't a man at all. With bloated skin of a mottled purple and green. In addition, there was some kind of mist surrounding it. The mist clung to people sitting close by. How long had this thing been taking advantage of the complacency and blindness of the people around you. No more. You screamed bloody murder and lunged at the creature. People were screaming and in the fray the creature escaped out at the next stop. You found it a couple weeks later and ended it's life. It wasn't the first, and hopefully wont be the last. You have come to this small town to find out what is lurking here. Then you will take it out. The safety of the world depends on it.

Zealot – In addition to the normal village win condition, you must also ensure that more of the monsters are slain than redeemed.

Smite – You can channel your rage and release it as a strike of white hot electricity. This requires a great deal out of you, and you can't do it repeatedly. You can use it to destroy a creature, but only every other day. (Odd days).
    Judge
    Judge
    You are Liam Westland, Judge
    As far back as you can remember, you were always a good judge of character. Unlike so many of your colleagues, you got out of highschool without getting hooked on drugs, having a child, or being arrested. You hug out with the right crowd, and got pretty good grades. When you went on to college, you finally had the opportunity to prove yourself. One year ago though, your eyes were truly opened. Your professor was more than he appeared. Though he looked entirely human, when you arrived late at his office, you noticed that he was in league with dark powers. You walked into his office and you could see that he was working with some sort of power. You told him that you knew, and he seemed surprised. He assured you that everything was fine and that he wasn't doing anything wrong, but he had forgotten to hide the picture of the man and woman that he had scratched the faces off of. Grabbing his letter opener while he was distracted, you struck. Since then, you have seen more and more of these things. You have documented them, followed them, and through careful observation found out which are dangerous and which are not. Your travels have brought you here, to document any supernatural beings and judge whether they are a danger or not.

Zealot – In addition to the normal village win condition, you must also ensure that more of the monsters are slain than redeemed.

Discern – You have found that now you posses great powers of observation. When you focus on a creature you can discover its nature. This does not work on your average man or woman though, but it does provide a potent tool for separating the two. Unlike others who go off half cocked, you are far more disciplined. You record all your information after you retrieve it, which does mean you work slowly. You may analyze one person per night (Odd days), but then you must take a night to document your findings and record them.
    Martyr
    Martyr
    You are Otto Leiderman, Martyr
    It all happened so fast. You were seeking out comfort with one of the other frightened people in the hotel. The door broke open and a very pale man in a cowboy hat stood in the doorway. He said something about stopping in for a bit to eat, and then a pair of wicked fangs grew in his mouth. Just then the low radio next to the bed blared “Only you stand against them” loudly. Only you seemed to hear and you had only a second to react. You threw yourself in between the innocent and the monster. The monster screamed and tore at you, but you didn't die. Frustrated, it leaped out the window and ran off into the night. When others arrived you were battered and bloody, but alive.

Merciful – In addition to the normal village win condition you must also ensure that more of the monsters are redeemed than slain.

Demand – You have learned that you can push your body to the limits. This can give you to the power to fend off one of the creatures. However, such a power is trying on your body. You need to recover in between uses. You may pick one person per night (Even day) and you will guard them through the darkest night.
    Redeemer
    Redeemer
    You are Ian MacIntyre, Redeemer
    Things are starting to get darker. With the deaths as mysterious as they are and the possibilities for escape looking so grim, brave people are going to be required. You were out last night, hoping to catch one of the killers. Armed with your shotgun, you felt safe. When there was a crash from a nearby alley, you spooked fired off your gun. Then you heard something you never expected. There was a faint whimpering and crying coming from the dark alley. In your mind you heard a voice speak, saying “It hurts.” You set your shotgun down and walked towards the alley. You found a young looking man who also seemed to you to be off. Upon closer inspection you found that he was one of the first casualties in this current struggle for the lives of your town. You sat down next to him and began to talk. He told you about how much his life had changed, and that he wasn't sure that he wanted to be like this. You talked for hours, but then he said he had to leave. You told him that you wanted to try something. You leaned in close and clamped your mouth over his. Breathing deeply into him, you pushed your entire desire to help this lost boy into him. He struggled and fought, but you held him close. In the end, he stopped completely. As you pulled your face away, you saw the look of absolute peace on his face. Whatever he was before, he was finally resting now. You know what you need to do.

Merciful – In addition to the normal village win condition you must also ensure that more of the monsters are redeemed than slain.

Respire – You have begun to call it the “Kiss of Life.” You can heal the supernatural by engaging in an extreme effort. The creature need not be willing, you think, but you would rather they were. You may select a target (Even day) and that target will be given the “Kiss of Life.” You haven't used it on a normal person yet, so you are unsure of what it would do to them. The effort that this takes limits you ability to use it though.
    Innocent
    Innocent
    You are Tiffany Hill, Innocent
    It seems like it never ends. For your entire life, the world has tried to destroy you. You became a traveling salesman to keep your feet moving, just to give the world a little shake. You kept your spirits up for a long time though, only for so long though. Misfortune followed you and eventually you started drinking more and more heavily. When you came to this little town, you were hoping for just one break. The first death was shocking, the next were astonishing. You had just left the small bar, which was mostly dead, stinking drunk. By the time that you reached the parking lot behind the bar, and saw the pale woman lean over in one of the parked cars and bite the neck of the man in the drivers seat you were instantly sober. The car's license plate said “It is hungry.” With no one else around you ran over to the car, and began to knock vigorously on the window. The woman, startled, pulled away and threw open the car door. It knocked you over and the woman ran off into the night. You helped the man, and called an ambulance. He lived, and you wonder who the woman was. You did notice that around here was a purplish halo of light. You've looked at two people for a halo since, and have yet to see one. However, you are still seeking that woman and any like her. If they are pushed too far, they will become rabid beasts. It doesn't need to be this way though, maybe there's something else that can be done.

Illuminate – You may pick a target (Even day) and use your new found powers of observation, and you will attempt to discern whether they are like the woman that you are looking for. Something strange happens when you active your sight though. You get the distinct feeling that people are watching you when you do that. It's chilling. Some people might call you a coward, but you are only willing to undertake so much danger.
    Visionary
    Visionary
    You are Duncan Westbridge, Visionary
    Ignorance is the thing that offends you the most. You have been “hunting” for over a year now, and the one thing that you have learned in that time is that you don't know as much as you think that you do. Neither does anyone else. You are trying to see the big picture, you need to see all of what is going on. Once you can understand that, then and only then can you decide what to do. Unfortunately, you know very well that sometimes action needs to be taken. You can't simply stand by and let things happen. You were led by the forces that direct all of the Imbued to this town. Something important is here, you just need some time to figure out what.

Vision – You do not embrace either Zeal or Mercy wholly, but rather try to see the bigger picture and the balance between the two. In addition to the normal village win condition you can choose whether to embrace the path of Zeal or the path of Mercy. Zeal will require that more monsters are slain than redeemed, and Mercy requires the opposite. You have time to consider. You must select your path after the second monster dies.

Pinpoint – Every day you may select a target, if that target is a supernatural creature or a hunter you will be able to deduce their abilities. (Mechanic seer).

Auger – Every day you may select one person. By divining the future, you will be able to arrange events so that they will be unable to accomplish their goals. (Role Block).
    Wayward
    Wayward
    You are Reggie Jameson, Wayward
    Everyone is blind. Not only the people that simply walk by all these creatures every day, but others who have been gifted with the sight as well. None of them can be trusted to do what is necessary. What is necessary is a great cleansing. All of the creatures must go, but also all those that they have managed to infect and pervert by their very presence. Some might call it monstrous, but they simply lack the will. You will show them, you will show them all.

Lost – While you might have embraced the path of Vision, the sight that you have been granted with has left you broken and lost. Your terrible vision requires you to eliminate the evil, and those that have been tainted by it. You win when you are the last man standing.

Enrage – Every day you may reveal your vision to another person, that person will then attack a target of your choice with such ferocity that the attacked with surely die. The person you target will be aware that you have done this to them, but not be made aware of your identity.

Badges of Courage
    You may select one of the following abilities to permanently acquire. Only one.
    Enduring – You will live through the first time that you are killed
    Guided – You may seer one person per night
    Unbreakable – You ability may not be redirected or busdrivered
    Warlord – Select a hunter, you may redirect their power
    The Tears of Angels, Sabbat Pack
    Lasombra
    You are Esteban Gonzales, the Ductus of The Tears of Angels Sabbat pack. Your pack and you rumbled into this town to cause a bit of damage and generally cause mayhem. Your pack is blessed by the Dark Father, Caine, with strength, speed and power. With these tools you will turn this place into a ghost town. Let the Kine feel the Power of Caine.

Mafia – You win when you and your compatriots constitute half of the total players.

Disciplines – You may select one of the following powers to use every night.
    Potence – You may select a person and use the strength coursing through your undead body to kill them
    Obtenebration – You may select two people, by using manipulation of the shadowy abyss you may redirect any power used on one person onto the other. You must specify which target is having action redirected onto.

Tzimisce
    You are Miroslav, the Priest of The Tears of Angels Sabbat pack. Your pack and you rumbled into this town to cause a bit of damage and generally cause mayhem. Your pack is blessed by the Dark Father, Caine, with strength, speed and power. With these tools you will turn this place into a ghost town. Let the Kine feel the Power of Caine.

Mafia – You win when you and your compatriots constitute half of the total players.

Disciplines – You may select one of the following powers to use every night
    Auspex – You may analyze the aura of one person to determine whether they are merely human, or something more.
    Vicissitude – You may assume the Zulo Shape and use your formidable powers to eviscerate one person.

Brujah AT
    You are Timmy Boy, a member of The Tears of Angels Sabbat pack. Your pack and you rumbled into this town to cause a bit of damage and generally cause mayhem. Your pack is blessed by the Dark Father, Caine, with strength, speed and power. With these tools you will turn this place into a ghost town. Let the Kine feel the Power of Caine.

Potence – You may select a person and use the strength coursing through your undead body to kill them
    Presence – You may select one person and anyone who approaches them aggressively will suffer the intimidation that can only be brought to bear by one who can control the hearts of men. The person will be protected by your unleashed ferocity.

Toreador AT
    You are Anatolia, a member of The Tears of Angels Sabbat pack. Your pack and you rumbled into this town to cause a bit of damage and generally cause mayhem. Your pack is blessed by the Dark Father, Caine, with strength, speed and power. With these tools you will turn this place into a ghost town. Let the Kine feel the Power of Caine.

Auspex – You may analyze the aura of one person to determine whether they are merely human, or something more.
    Presence – You may select one person and anyone who approaches them aggressively will suffer the intimidation that can only be brought to bear by one who can control the hearts of men. The person will be protected by your unleashed ferocity.

Malkavian AT
    You are Pins and Needles, a member of The Tears of Angels Sabbat pack. Your pack and you rumbled into this town to cause a bit of damage and generally cause mayhem. Your pack is blessed by the Dark Father, Caine, with strength, speed and power. With these tools you will turn this place into a ghost town. Let the Kine feel the Power of Caine.

Dementation – Able to reduce even the most sane person to a quivering and whimpering child, you may target someone and they will be temporarily incapacitated.
    Dementation (HaHa!!! You get the same power twice!!) - Able to confuse even the most focused, you may target someone and whatever actions are received by one person will instead apply to the other and vice versa.

LoserForHireX on
    "The only way to get rid of a temptation is to give into it." - Oscar Wilde
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    LOL I can't believe you all double killed me.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So that's why cj died. I shot Mr D that night and he blocked it, but cj was also hit by Rawkking?

I have to send cookies Rawkking's way in this case.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So that's why cj died. I shot Mr D that night and he blocked it, but cj was also hit by Rawkking?

I have to send cookies Rawkking's way in this case.

I think that CJ had blocked two attacks in one night and thus died automatically looking at his role, LFHX said that my kill didn't really matter.

It was pretty obvious that CJ and Aegis were village specials since Mr. D wasn't voting for them, it just happened that Aegis was a fake village special.

After killing a hippie that day the next night called for slaying some of the specials abound, so I orderd cynic jester to kill CJ Iwakura, changing an order I had previously given to have CJ kill cynic jester.

And he killed himself -_-

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    When either Zealots or the Merciful were reduced to one member a piece, the remaining member would receive an ability and (potentially) an updated win condition.

The two that were used was Mr.D's dynamite retribution, which would cause the person who killed him to also die and Cj's ability to guard every day with the exchange that should he successfully guard that he would die (and with the updated win condition to successfully guard a good person)

LoserForHireX on
    "We believe in the people and their 'wisdom' as if there was some special secret entrance to knowledge that barred to anyone who had ever learned anything." - Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You have to admit, it was some pretty good play early on. Seering Fiaryn and Capfalcon Day 1, killing them both Day 2, and then finding Arivia completely by gut feeling Day 3...

I can at least claim resposibility for finding and killing Fiaryn and the kill on Arivia. Finding both of you was just good luck on our part.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Oh god I am looking through the mafia forums and crying.

One of them claimed they were a VIG?! A vig that never made a kill before and kept conveniently targeting people that just didn't show up in the narration?

God damnit, Mr. D.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    technically it should be a tie

since I have my vig and when I die I kill one of them LOSERFORHIRE

well a neutral vig, also cynics seering kinda made me believe it

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I claimed to be a neutral. Then Mr D PM'd me back telling me I was a neutral and a guard, insinuating I was mechanics seered, so I said yea but I normally just guard myself rather than kill when I have the choice.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Our win condition was to tie the village in numbers, not surpass them.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I claimed to be a neutral. Then Mr D PM'd me back telling me I was a neutral and a guard, insinuating I was mechanics seered, so I said yea but I normally just guard myself rather than kill when I have the choice.

A...neutral....vig/guard?

Mr. D the next time you are network head and I am serial killer we need to trade roles :P

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Hey, survival neutrals tend to have powers to keep them around/end the game quicker. I thought it fit!

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The man seems to have a great deal of strength, likely capable of killing a man with his bear hands. In addition, very few people stand near him, he exudes an air of menace that could prevent someone from attacking anyone that he stood near so as not to arouse his ire.

rre-reading it I guess it sounds evil but at the time me and cynic kinda figured he had both guardian type powers and super strength vig powers

hell my vig powers said I used electricity to smite people so it was believable to me

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

ah ok

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

Hey, survival neutrals tend to have powers to keep them around/end the game quicker. I thought it fit!

I suppose I can't complain since I put a neutral vig in my only game I've run, but it is rather stretching it. Especially with you not mentioning all your powers to the network head at first and adding them as they came up.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

ah ok

I didn't realize this until last night actually if you look at the proboards since I forgot my role pm in my inbox. So I was trying to figure out whether I should kill you or Cynic. Because if we had to surpass the village then tonight would have came down to a tied vote and an RNG deciding the win.

Your kill wouldn't have actually mattered since we could guard it but the RNG had me spooked.

Aegis on
    Characters
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You guys let your guards down after you got Hippie and I. Were you trying to outrace us on deaths or what?

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am disappointed in both jaysonfour and Mr. D.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Not entirely sure, but I think the nature of my role meant that I protected whoever I sent in no matter what, and died in their stead, making me victorious; or something.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    i hate being network head, sorry I failed village :(

M.D. on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

It's ok, I still love you.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    You gave it your best with the resources you had, Mr. D. That's as good of a showing as you can get, in my opinion. You DID damn near beat us.

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010

You came very very close to winning when after day two I was worried that this was going to be a mafia steamroller.

I think you did fantastically. Really you should grudge Aegis for playing you. Without his influence, I'm betting that you would have been more successful.

LoserForHireX on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    its not like someone was saying 'kill aegis' the entire game....

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    as I said I was confused because of the mechanics seer, if it hinted more at him being inhuman strength or something.

But my lighting smiting powers made me think it might be legit

M.D. on
  • Options
    Toxic ToysToxic Toys Are you really taking my advice? Really?Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Good game all. But why me Mr. D?

Toxic Toys on
    3DS code: 2938-6074-2306, Nintendo Network ID: ToxicToys, PSN: zutto
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I killed OS first cause he was mafia in the main that I was last in and he can die

and then you cause of something I forgot what, something you said in the thread really

M.D. on
  • Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    <3<3<3

Orange Soda on