As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Hummus: almost ready but not quite

Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess?Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So. Makin hummus. Had to use a blender. Didn't work out too badly, but the result isn't as smooth as I'd like. I don't have a food processor (hence the blender), but I'd like to get it smoother.

Any suggestions?

Muse Among Men on

• Options
    ImprovoloneImprovolone Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Small batches in the blender? Thin it out in the blender? By a food processor or an immersion blender?

Improvolone on
    Voice actor for hire. My time is free if your project is!
  • Options
    CauldCauld Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    add some oil maybe, while blending

Cauld on
  • Options
    CrossBusterCrossBuster Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Oil helps.

If you're willing to spend $30, I would get a handheld immersion blender. The blade is really sharp, and spins really, really fast. It can blend stuff way smoother than a regular blender or food processor, and is an extremely useful tool in the kitchen.

Get it as smooth as possible in the blender, then put it a bowl and finish it up with the immersion blender. I've also found that adding a small amount of the liquid from the can of chickpeas helps if the consistency feels a bit mealy.

CrossBuster on
    penguins.png