The image size limit has been raised to 1mb! Anything larger than that should be linked to. This is a HARD limit, please do not abuse it.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!
I'm in the market for a HD TV so I can do all of my gaming (Xbox 360 and PS3 via HDMI) in my bedroom instead of the lounge room. I decided that 32" would be ideal and I have about $600 to spend but there's a few things I'm unsure about.
1. "Full HD" or no? In my bedroom I sit about 2 metres (a bit under 7 feet) from my current TV (a small and old SD thing) and I was wondering if the image quality difference is noticeable, especially on a 32" screen.
2. The TV in the lounge is a 50" Panasonic Viera Plasma which just looks incredible. Should I go with Plasma or LCD for my bedroom? The TV might have to be up on a shelf due to my odd room layout so viewing angle is a factor.
3. Are there any decent brands that are in my price range? What brands should I steer clear of?
4. Image retention/burn in. Does this still exist? I haven't noticed it on the family Plasma even after 5 hour gaming sessions. Do some brands burn in more than others?
5. Response time. There is zero input lag on the family Plasma but I'm not sure what it's response time is. What's a good response time for gaming?
I think that covers all the bases. If there's anything else I should know about when buying a TV, please let me know.