As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Continuing Adventures of Maddie and Her Art

ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
edited June 2010 in Artist's Corner
We had some Fun Time With Paint the other day, and Maddie requested I pop her pics up on the intarwebs. The following are a combination of acrylics and water paint, with a tube of blue oil paint snuck in that I didn't know existed and wound up causing all sorts of hilarity.

Anyway.

This one depicts a whale and a giant squid locked in mortal combat during a raging storm:
maddieart001.jpg

And here is a hillside during sunset with some light rain (the black on the hills apparently represents shadows):
maddieart004.jpg

For the sake of completeness, here's one I made:
maddieart002.jpg

And one my wife made:
maddieart003.jpg

(Note: Feel free to provide constructive critique on the one I did, but I paint maybe once per year and so won't have much occasion to act on it.)

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
ElJeffe on

• Options
    edited June 2010
    Bugger, the one of the hills is turned on its side.

Turn your head to the right when looking at that one, I guess.

ElJeffe on
    I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    HeartlashHeartlash Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pinky's anatomy is off, draw from life, etc etc.

:P

I like yours a lot, actually; and it looks like you're raising an artistic genius based on that first one.

Heartlash on
    My indie mobile gaming studio: Elder Aeons
    Our first game is now available for free on Google Play: Frontier: Isle of the Seven Gods
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    The beach one was looking pretty meh, and then I thought, "You know what this needs? More ghost monsters."

Apparently ghost monsters make everything better.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    SeptusSeptus Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I can't quite tell where the whale is in the first one, but I really like it anyway, something about the way I perceive the layering of colors beneath the squid.

Septus on
    PSN: Kurahoshi1
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Whale is in the top-left. He has black eyes and is spouting water.

ElJeffe on
  • Options
    MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I don't know why, but your daughter's art always blows me away. I hope she keeps drawing and painting as she grows up.

Metalbourne on
  • Options
    ProjeckProjeck Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I really love that first one

Projeck on
  • Options
    Regina FongRegina Fong Allons-y, Alonso Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I came here from your H&A thread, Jeff. I just feel compelled to echo the sentiment that I really, really like Maddies first painting you posted there. It's really swell.

-edit-

To be more specific; The whale and squid are just the sort of thing a child would paint, and are almost inconsequential. However, I think your kid really hit a home run on the water itself, the blackness of the raging ocean has been captured perfectly.

Regina Fong on
  • Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Wow, I actually like that first one.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ParadiseParadise Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    jeepguy wrote: »
    I came here from your H&A thread, Jeff. I just feel compelled to echo the sentiment that I really, really like Maddies first painting you posted there. It's really swell.

-edit-

To be more specific; The whale and squid are just the sort of thing a child would paint, and are almost inconsequential. However, I think your kid really hit a home run on the water itself, the blackness of the raging ocean has been captured perfectly.

It's actually a little bit terrifying.

Rock on, Maddie!

Paradise on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    kid art is so fucking awesome.

beavotron on
  • Options
    beavotronbeavotron Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    kid art is so fucking awesome.