As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

LTTP: Shining Force III

cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm RegentBears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Games and Technology
Shining_Force_III_cover.jpg

One of a handful of Saturn exclusives I've never played. I'm finally getting around to it, and it's pretty good.

The combat is fun and the story is interesting. Sure, the voice acting is horrible("IS...THIS THE END?"), but I can live with that.

So apparently the two scenarios that we didn't get are really good.
Comprising three separate but overlapping storylines, the Japanese version of Shining Force III was released in three volumes, known as: Scenario 1 | "God Warrior of the Kingdom" Scenario 2 | "Target: Child of God", and Scenario 3 | "Bulzome Rising".

Is the Shining Force III that we got standalone, or will it end on a cliffhanger that will leave me wanting Sega of America's blood?

wVEsyIc.png
cj iwakura on

• Options
    GogarGogar Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    The English version's ending was supposedly changed to give it more closure, although I still felt like there were plenty of unanswered questions.

Anyway, there's a translation project going on at shiningforcecentral.com, so we may still be able to play the other scenarios someday.

Gogar on
  • Options
    ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Pretty sure it's the cliffhanger one.

Reynolds on
    uyvfOQy.png
  • Options
    GrimthwackerGrimthwacker Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Is the Shining Force III that we got standalone, or will it end on a cliffhanger that will leave me wanting Sega of America's blood?

The latter. I remember watching my brother finish this and getting the prompt to save all his clear data for a sequel that would never see the light of day here. So yeah, torches and pitchforks, everybody . . .

. . . is what I'd say if it wasn't for the fact that Sega's been on a roll publishing gems like Resonance of Fate, Bayonetta and Valkyria Chronicles recently. Water under the bridge, I guess.

Grimthwacker on