As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Picture from Macbook Pro on HDTV often really dark

LoneIgadzraLoneIgadzra Registered User regular
I have a dvi-hdmi cable for my older MacBook Pro (2007) that I sometimes use to connect it to HDTV's. Trouble is, sometimes the picture on said TV is really dark. I can't seem to adequately fix this using calibration in the monitor control panel or brightness settings on the TV, and it's happened with at least 50% of HDTV's I've tried. Can anyone suggest a way to lighten the signal?

LoneIgadzra on

• Options
    Brodo FagginsBrodo Faggins Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Have you tried messing with the brightness keys on the mbp's keyboard?

Brodo Faggins on
    9PZnq.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Of course, but that only affects the built-in display.

LoneIgadzra on
  • Options
    useless4useless4 Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Is the Gamma setting in Calibration not fixing the issue?

Is it always the same tv that varies in color? (You might have to adjust the color space setting on the tv and black levels)

useless4 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    useless4 wrote: »
    Is the Gamma setting in Calibration not fixing the issue?

Is it always the same tv that varies in color? (You might have to adjust the color space setting on the tv and black levels)

It's happened with two HDTV's that look perfectly normal with anything else plugged into them. I couldn't find any adjustment on the TV that could solve the issue, and when I crank the gamma in calibration that seems like it would help a lot, but it kinda seems like most of it goes away after I save the new profile. (I.e. the moment I click "save" it's back to looking just like before, only slightly lighter.)

LoneIgadzra on