As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

So I hear it has "Two Worlds"

124»

• Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Yep, that's the gaming community in a nutshell: just a bunch of drunk sluts waiting for some company to come along give them a good dicking.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    J3pJ3p Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    hambone wrote:
    Yep, that's the gaming community in a nutshell: just a bunch of drunk sluts waiting for some company to come along give them a good dicking.

you put it in such a negative light :(

J3p on
    +./\ 50 ?. 50
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    It's weird that they announce one new feature, and everyone is "this game looks like shit now!"

Give it some time, and let etoy find out what's going on.

Also, <3 to etoy for going to find out. :)

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    smashwilsonsmashwilson Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Shadowfire wrote:
    It's weird that they announce one new feature, and everyone is "this game looks like shit now!"

Give it some time, and let etoy find out what's going on.

Also, <3 to etoy for going to find out. :)

... Seconded.

Although adding MMO capabilities to the game client does seem like a less-than-prudent way to spend extra development time. I'd personally rather see any slack time used for additional bug fixes, instead.

smashwilson on
  • Options
    Flesh Into GearFlesh Into Gear Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Well if adding all this crazy shit is supposed to get my interest then its working.
    This game will be worth a rental just to see a few thousand snake people in a field throwing magical cards at each other.

Flesh Into Gear on
    katamarisig4ee3f299bd4.png
  • Options
    ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    New preview is up at Gamespot.

A couple choice bits:
    On the combat side, you can add trick skills to your traditional attacking and defensive capabilities. You can use a torch as a weapon, swing your sword above your head to take out multiple enemies, or simply kick dirt in their eyes to temporarily blind them. On the other hand, enemies can also employ the exact same skills as you, plus they will be able to defend against them.

<snip>

The fighting system is fairly simple: You tap the mouse once for a single strike or twice for a combo strike. The fighting style changes if you're carrying a shield because it slows your movement even though it may give you protection.

Daddy want.

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Please be as smexy as you look Two Worlds, please.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    KlykaKlyka DO you have any SPARE BATTERIES?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Taken from the Gamespot review:

"...With such a large world and a cast taken from so many villages, the developers needed to hire more than 200 different actors to voice all of the roles..."

So let me get this straight:

Bethesda, a really big and really old company uses like 20 voice actors in their most ambitious game to date.

And these Polish developers hire 200 voice actors so that every damn villager in the game has a different voice?
    Oh and they also do motion capturing?
    And they've built the game in a year and a half?

Eastern Europe scares me.

Klyka on
    SC2 EU ID Klyka.110
    lTDyp.jpg
  • Options
    TalonrazorTalonrazor Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I think this game, Oblivion and Gothic 3 will all be purchased for my new gaming rig and my summer shall be filled with quests and swords.

Talonrazor on
    sig4.jpg
  • Options
    DarkWarriorDarkWarrior __BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2007
    Klyka wrote: »
    Taken from the Gamespot review:

"...With such a large world and a cast taken from so many villages, the developers needed to hire more than 200 different actors to voice all of the roles..."

So let me get this straight:

Bethesda, a really big and really old company uses like 20 voice actors in their most ambitious game to date.

And these Polish developers hire 200 voice actors so that every damn villager in the game has a different voice?
    Oh and they also do motion capturing?
    And they've built the game in a year and a half?

Eastern Europe scares me.

That's what happens when you spend your time building AI for citizens to go out and stab someone in the eye if you steal their bread.

DarkWarrior on
  • Options
    hambonehambone Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    It's just, everything I hear makes me more and more skeptical.

hambone on
    Just a bunch of intoxicated pigeons.
  • Options
    Gaming-ModuleGaming-Module Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    I watched a video of this a few weeks ago of a mage character running around a tree lined area and fighting some bandits with fire magic.

The control looks pretty sloppy to me and the animations were pretty laughable.

Gaming-Module on
  • Options
    Alfred J. KwakAlfred J. Kwak is it because you were insulted when I insulted your hair?Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Now this game really just looks like Oblivion with Gothic 3 combat system.

Alfred J. Kwak on