As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Sorry, Venkman, I'm terrified beyond the capacity for rational [chat]

• Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    you guys should tell Blizzard that they made a bad game

and how they should improve it

I hear they're struggling at the moment!

Popularity doesn't necessarily mean quality. Look at Twilight, or any of the comedies on CBS for an example of that.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Tav wrote: »
    you guys should tell Blizzard that they made a bad game

and how they should improve it

I hear they're struggling at the moment!

Hey, just because Preach, Than, and myself are more intelligent then like 8 million other people, it's no reason to get snarky.

amateurhour on
    are YOU on the beer list?
  • Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Everything's better once you have some alcohol and nicotine in your system.

[chat] I want to bake something. I had planned on banana muffins but I am open to suggestions.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I want a game with insane dialogue and choice but easy facerollable combat

Is Alpha Protocol the game for me?

Possibly. As Nerd mentioned, the boss fights are difficult but the rest of the game is facerolleable. The dialogue trees are a thing of amazement. Check out the OP in the G&T thread. Someone mapped out one of the early conversations. It's insane.
    WoW is such a bad game.

I'm thankful that during the four or five times I bought a 60 day game card I never actually got into the game.

Why would you keep buying game time to a game you don't like? Are you stupid or just addicted?

Also, Bullshit Than. I specfically remember you playing WoW. You made a Shaman or some shit.

I myself, am a bit tired of WOTLK. I've done pretty much everything there is to do. I might take another break while I wait for Cata to come out. Plus, with all the changes Cata is bringing along it's going to be like a different game.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    If you play on easy, and abuse chainshot, it's pretty easy. Like preach said some of the boss fights are annoying, but nothing a 6x chainshot to the face won't stop.

Oh blessed chain shot, so bad ass. One of the last bosses in the game went down after a chain shot of 6 steel core bullets to the brain.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    I might pick up Alpha Protocol.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    amateurhouramateurhour One day I'll be professionalhour The woods somewhere in TennesseeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So what is this Alpha Protocol you speak of? When did this come out, and what's the skinny? What is it similar to? Should I gamefly it?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I am picking up Lego Harry Potter and seeing Toy Story 3 tonight. Despite appearances, I am not actually 5.

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    yeah it sounds right up my alley

is the dude customizable

I like customizing my dude

I don't suppose I can play dress-up too

Elendil on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Irond Will wrote: »
    That new WoW expansion sure looks to be fun.

aren't they nuking the old world?

sounds risky. if people are basically forced to start over, it might make some space for competitors

i don't really think that blizzard is stupid enough to actually do this though

The old world is getting revamped and redesigned and rebuilt. They are opening up new, previously closed off zones in the old world for max level characters to go, opening up new race/class combos and two new races, and freshening up the alt/new player experience.

No one needs to start over.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I want a game with insane dialogue and choice but easy facerollable combat

Is Alpha Protocol the game for me?

Possibly. As Nerd mentioned, the boss fights are difficult but the rest of the game is facerolleable. The dialogue trees are a thing of amazement. Check out the OP in the G&T thread. Someone mapped out one of the early conversations. It's insane.
    WoW is such a bad game.

I'm thankful that during the four or five times I bought a 60 day game card I never actually got into the game.

Why would you keep buying game time to a game you don't like? Are you stupid or just addicted?

Also, Bullshit Than. I specfically remember you playing WoW. You made a Shaman or some shit.

I myself, am a bit tired of WOTLK. I've done pretty much everything there is to do. I might take another break while I wait for Cata to come out. Plus, with all the changes Cata is bringing along it's going to be like a different game.

Well, the first two time I bought a card I was trying it out. The next two I was dating a girl that played, so I thought I'd give it another shot. She was super addicted to the point where she blew off dates to raid.

The last time some comic shop friends played so I decided to give it one last shot, but I still couldn't find interest, even with a cool group to play with.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So what is this Alpha Protocol you speak of? When did this come out, and what's the skinny? What is it similar to? Should I gamefly it?

Spy RPG by obsidian, set in a 24 era time scale (pseudo modern with some tech madness). You play a jason bourne bad ass covert agent and have to take on a huge conspiracy. Game is told in flash back, robust dialogue system, with a pretty cool spiderweb story that depending on your actions can play out really different each go round.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010

sounds risky. if people are basically forced to start over, it might make some space for competitors

no one is starting over, they're just changing up the quests and zones and basically time jumping things in the pre-BC content

so, like, the barrens will be slightly greener (although a good bit of it will be devastated in the opening event of the cataclysm), and the defias in westfall will be all much less noticeable.

Aren't they revamping the old world zones to allow for flying mounts too?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Protein ShakesProtein Shakes __BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010

He said he never paid for it. He might have played on a trial account before realizing how terrible it is.

Only a few things will be different. You will still have grinding and farming for gear and raiding the same dungeons for the chance of getting the same epic gear. You will still have fucking retards endlessly complaining about why their class needs a buff or why some other class needs a nerf. You will still have no life nerds complaining about how something that Blizzard changed doesn't fit WoW lore.

It will be the exact same game. The only thing that will be different is the settings that you level up in.

Protein Shakes on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mrflippy wrote: »

no one is starting over, they're just changing up the quests and zones and basically time jumping things in the pre-BC content

so, like, the barrens will be slightly greener (although a good bit of it will be devastated in the opening event of the cataclysm), and the defias in westfall will be all much less noticeable.

Yup.

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I will probably resub for a bit when the expansion comes out.

mrflippy on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

is the dude customizable

You can customize to an extent, facial hair, glasses, minimal hair selections. You get different types of armor that can have extra things added to it, 4 different types of guns with 4 different types of accessories that help or hurt.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Elendil wrote: »

is the dude customizable

Yes, you can, although it's more limited than, say, Mass Effect.

Your dude is always a dude, for example.

But you can change is hair style, facial hair and eye color, and he can wear various glasses and hats.

This includes a giant lumberlack beard, a beret and mirrored sunglasses.

Espionage.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    mrflippy wrote: »

Yeah, which is a big deal as the devs took shortcuts the first time round (no rooftops, 2d illusions) so they have to redesign a fair amount of content from the ground up

• Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Lawndart wrote: »
    This includes a giant lumberlack beard, a beret and mirrored sunglasses.

Espionage.
    sold

Elendil on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Figuring out how to activate people's reward mechanisms and trap them in an addiction cycle because anything is better than spending time in the real world where you work 8 hours a day at a pointless desk job and your free time is empty of anything except escapism is not making a good game.

It's making money.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I do have to say that what is with the voice actors always being so monotone. ME has this as does AP. Would it kill them to get a guy with some range who can actually sound sarcastic when he's sarcastic?

Someone get Ryan Reynolds on the phone, after he's finished banging scarlet johanssen, yeah I'll wait.

Or F that give me a grizzled old guy, like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Let me play a real man who I'll believe would beat a woman up.

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited June 2010
    WoW is such a bad game.

Well, the first two time I bought a card I was trying it out. The next two I was dating a girl that played, so I thought I'd give it another shot. She was super addicted to the point where she blew off dates to raid.

The last time some comic shop friends played so I decided to give it one last shot, but I still couldn't find interest, even with a cool group to play with.

So, like I said, you're stupid.

I can't imagine why you'd keep going back to a game that you don't like just because others are playing it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    you had me at flying mounts

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Isn't Alpha Protocol pretty bug ridden? Or have patches been deployed to remedy this?

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Important Alpha Protocol disclaimer:

It's made by Obsidian Entertainment, the fine folks behind KOTOR 2.

Which means that, while being awesome, it's buggy as fuck and some characters don't really do much since they're supposedly "cut content".

It's still awesome. Buy it, so I can get an Alpha Protocol 2.

Edit: It has also not been patched. Yet. But there are workarounds for most of the bugs/issues on the PC version at least.

And did I mention that it's awesome? Because it is.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    So It GoesSo It Goes We keep moving...Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Ok who let me spend $358 on shoes last night

So It Goes on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Dave Chappelle should be in the next Mass Effect

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    So It Goes wrote: »
    Ok who let me spend $358 on shoes last night

Good old Mr. Jim Bean.

Or whatever you drank. :P

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Preacher wrote: »
    I do have to say that what is with the voice actors always being so monotone. ME has this as does AP. Would it kill them to get a guy with some range who can actually sound sarcastic when he's sarcastic?

Someone get Ryan Reynolds on the phone, after he's finished banging scarlet johanssen, yeah I'll wait.

Or F that give me a grizzled old guy, like Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Let me play a real man who I'll believe would beat a woman up.

Pfft, you wanna see some fucked up sarcasm? Go hunt down Bristol Palin's acting appearance.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Heavy Rain was the first game in a long time that distracted me from the story with its voice acting

• Options
    AbdhyiusAbdhyius Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    I illogically hate Obsidian so I will not be getting Alpha Protocol.

Abdhyius on
    ftOqU21.png
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So does AP have the option to sex anyone up with romance? Cause that's important in games with dialogue trees now.

amateurhour on
  • Options
    LudiousLudious I just wanted a sandwich A temporally dislocated QuiznosRegistered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Dave Chappelle and Chris Tucker.

Two comedians that don't really get the concept that you have to keep doing things to stay relevant

Ludious on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I thought you loved NWN, abdhyius

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    Abdhyius wrote: »
    I illogically hate Obsidian so I will not be getting Alpha Protocol.

why?

amateurhour on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    So does AP have the option to sex anyone up with romance? Cause that's important in games with dialogue trees now.

There is an achievement to fuck every single woman in the game.

• Options
    nexuscrawlernexuscrawler Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    New Vegas best be good

nexuscrawler on
  • Options
    edited June 2010

You can have sex with four different women.

In the same playthrough.

You even get a reward for doing so.

Espionage.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    I guess for me AP and ME's male voice actor for the main character are almost interchangeable in their dead pan delivery. I just wish they'd I dunno change it up. Like in Saints Row 2, the british voice you could choose was so hilarious, every time my guy spoke was a treasure.

"Pierce when did you get a Fagina."

Preacher on

pleasepaypreacher.net
This discussion has been closed.