As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

TRON- [Phalla] in the System: MAFIA WIN!! So close! Game Over!

• Options
    Orange SodaOrange Soda Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Infidel wrote: »
    I wouldn't worry about it so much, it's self-correcting.

People will bring this up next time OS tries to claim anything.

Boy who cried wolf.

Until they lose a game because of it, than they will feel bad enough to let it slide the 3rd time. Muahhaha Sheep are dumb.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    AegisAegis Fear My Dance Overshot Toronto, Landed in OttawaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I got killed seemingly the only day that Fluffy was active. :(

Aegis on
    We'll see how long this blog lasts
    Currently DMing: None :(
    Characters
    [5e] Dural Melairkyn - AC 18 | HP 40 | Melee +5/1d8+3 | Spell +4/DC 12
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I kinda liked the post restrictions in Rend's game as a way to increase activity.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Boy who cried wolf.

Until they lose a game because of it, than they will feel bad enough to let it slide the 3rd time. Muahhaha Sheep are dumb.

Grudged, forever.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Not for the poster in question.

post restrictions are terrible

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    3clipse wrote: »

Boy who cried wolf.

Grudged, forever.

Join the club.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Boy who cried wolf.

Grudged, forever.

Join the club.

Do I get a jacket?

I like jackets.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alegis wrote: »
    Not for the poster in question.

post restrictions are terrible

Yeah, I think that is the biggest problem, is for people that hate post restrictions.

I got an idea for a mini I'll be running to prepare for my main that hopefully will give a little bit more activity in the thread (for a faction game anyway). We'll see.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    LocusLocus Trust Me The seaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    First, I'd like to apologize to my fellow System Guards for missing the vote last night. I had planned to get home well before midnight but then things happened and I didn't get home until 12:05 and I was very worried that I had cost us the game. :(

Second, the only thing that really surprised me this game was RMED's ability to keep avoiding the vote. I don't know how that happened. I managed to start two different bandwagons during that time, which I'm pretty proud of since generally no one pays attention to me (which has its benefits, since I tend to survive late into games).

The game may have been a little unbalanced, but overall it was fun and I very much appreciate the hosting, Garret.

Locus on
  • Options
    Garret DoriganGarret Dorigan "Why can't I be DLC for UMvC3?"Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    On the second day, heretics spoke of crimson as sanguine.

This one got a roll for a major hint (A 96 to 98 out of 100). It was found quite quickly, Infidel's post on day two held the answer.

The operating system is in the red! It’s saying there is a corruption in registry file 1C9, but I’m not getting any ENZO flags!

RNG rolled a 7, thus a false hint. ENZO is an anagram for register flag bits on an old microprocessor. E is an interrupt enable flag, N a negative flag, Z a zero flag, and O an overflow flag. With that, the second half of the message tells you that you add up 1 and C and 9 without changing them, leading you to 22, or Mr. D.

We're skipping the next 2 because they're obvious and I'm an idiot.

E=IR. R is unknown.

Rolled a 10, another false or useless. R represents resistance, and as such could be likened to a Guard. The Anonymous, by nature of his name, is unknown. Thus, The Anonymous is a Guard.

Everything was attempted to be balanced around the messages, as those are what I really wanted in the game. I liked what they represented (As a code monkey, etc.) and thought that they would be a cool addition to the game as a whole.

Garret Dorigan on
    "Never Hit"
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Garick wrote: »
    Wait wait... we had 2 seers that were alive the entire game and we got instructions from them a whole 1 time?

We kept seering village, or had our seering interrupted by I/O towers.

daniant on
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    i would like to add my 2 cents to this, now that its over. first of all, OS- the only thing ill say about the fake PM is that it was a high risk, low reward move that cost the village a day of voting records.

to the rest of the village: that day would not have saved you at all.

in many ways, im glad i was killed so early. (why was i killed btw?) because if i had been alive even for another 2 days, i would have been pulling out hair at every corner.

It is official. Every fucking villager in this game is...eternally. Grudged.

I still can't believe you all killed me for bashing inactive. Terrible. For that, I have no sympathy for us losing.

agreed.

In short, Garrick.... I don't care if you hit mafia 100% of the time.... you are still fighting an uphill battle with a retarded, inactive, unobservant village.

theres not enough lime in the world.

psolms on
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think we killed you because you were being helpful and bringing reasonable ideas to the village.

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    As any good mafia should

Phyphor on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    turns out im not done actually.

Garick: as i read your little goosery with OS, i felt bad for you. sure, you were being zealous, but OS was being a bit of a goose's reproductive organ to you. then i looked back at my death (looking to see if it was the mafia who were voting for me)
    Garick wrote: »
    i'm changing my vote to !psolms for too much effort on day 1.

D:

day 1 is actually a gold mine on its own, if you know how to use it properly. in one main, i posted 4 names with my "too much effort on day 1".

3 of them were mafia.

for any villager, not to mention a special, to want to vote out a player for doing too much to try and help the village? especially when what i did was simply propose a better day 1 targets for the vigs and vote in order to push the village away from voting for me...

that is not smart play. at all. you are one of the silliest of gooses. (go ahead and insert any number of adjectives and youll get close to what im thinking)

and just in case you were wondering?
    psolms wrote: »
    with psolms and OS behind it, who can say no?

anyways, for any vig's out there who also want to take part, here is the list of the 1's and 2's. AKA the single and double posters. (not counting reserves or spectrum)

-JaysonFour (nv)
    -enlightenedbum (v)
    -phyphor (v) Mafia
    -RMED (v) Mafia
    -hippie (v)
    -buzz buzz (v) Mafia
    -garick (v)
    -shalmelo (v)
    -nion (v)
    -zellpher (v)
    -teucrian (nv)
    -delphinidaes (1 post- nv)
    -raiden333 (1 post- nv)
    -sepah (1 post- nv) Mafia
    -fluffy (1 post- nv) Mafia
    -turkson (1 post- nv)

5. 5/16=30% of the names i posted were mafia. thats +5% to our odds, just from listing low posters. not just low, either. people with a signup post and 1 other post. or just a signup post.

if you'll be ready to vote out OS on day 1, rest assured that ill be doing the same to you.

grudged, so hard.

ps- congrats on being what i believe to be my first ever grudge. although i take it back (the congrats, not the grudge) if im wrong about that fact.

i just ran the numbers - 5/13 mafia means close to 40% of the mafia were hidden in the inactives.

40 fucking percent.

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I think we killed you because you were being helpful and bringing reasonable ideas to the village.

thats what i figured. thats the thing about being useful to the village. the mafia kills you, sometimes the vig's kill you (possible mafia play), and most of the time, the village doesnt even listen to you.

heres a free tip for everyone:

the mafia chooses every target with at least some thought.

if you see the mafia killing someone, maybe take a minute to try and figure out why.

psolms on
  • Options
    PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Actually, who the mafia doesn't kill will often provide more info. People are reluctant to kill people who have single votes on them for example. You also posted your list at 5pm eastern time on a weekday, which means that the people on there are those who probably don't/can't post during work

Phyphor on
  • Options
    GarickGarick Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Psolms, it was a day one vote... you weren't even voted out that day, you were killed by the mafia. But anyways there wasn't a ton of evidence for anyone at that time.

My reasoning was that normal villagers wouldn't be very excited about the game, so wouldn't post alot, you did and that made me suspicious. (To be entirely honest, you reminded me alot of my very first phalla ever, where the main bad guy was the one putting up spreadsheets for the village every day, the classic "Overly helpful" mafia play)
    At least I had a reason. You wanna grudge someone? How about any number of people who just RNG'd their vote day 1?

For the record, I almost never have more then 2 posts a day, regardless if I am mafia or not, so your little theory will ALWAYS put me in the suspicious list.

Garick on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    psolms wrote: »
    heres a free tip for everyone:

the mafia chooses every target with at least some thought.

not always...

sometimes there's no more thought than what a villager uses to pick his vote target.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    ShushnikShushnik regular
    edited July 2010
    You know, it's alway easy to say, "Damn it was stupid to have done X." after the game is done. At the time, X was one choice that had a chance of being right, a chance of being stupid. We can all bash on everything, but sometimes you take a chance and it doesn't pay off.

I'm not saying this village couldn't have done better by actually listening, thinking, and trying to play the f'in game, I'm just saying that looking at something after the fact always makes the decisions so much easier.

You can jockey the numbers all you like, but chasing that inactive list which is very slightly better than shooting in the dark is damn stupid. Holding a "30% of this list was mafia" list as wonderful when 25% of the game is mafia is ridiculous. It would take the village five days with good networking to clear through that list, hitting only 40% of the mafia, and letting the mafia kill 10 villagers at the same time. That's just a pile of worthless shit, and a sure way to lose.

Shushnik on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    psolms why are you defending OS so hard after the BS he pulled?

Granted, he pulled in on Mr. D who did the same to us but...ya know...it's BS

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    REG Rysk wrote: »

Why you trying to keep this shit going. Drop it.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Seriously.

I think everything has been covered.

If you have a new point to make, raise it... Otherwise leave the 'hurf durf OS screwed the village' junk behind

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a village like this you need to repeat your point a hundred times else risk having it happen again.

We're only at about 60 or 70 now.

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a village like this you need to repeat your point a hundred times else risk having it happen again.

If only someone could link a humorous image that neatly summarized these issues.

Oh wait

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The worst part is that I have to queue up my posts in several tabs so I can fire one up every 3 minutes.

Firing torpedo #3

Alegis on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The worst part is that I have to queue up my posts in several tabs so I can fire one up every 3 minutes.

Firing torpedo #3

Maybe there's an app for that?

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    WildcatWildcat Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks for running the game, Garrett. I had fun for as long as I survived, but I guess a kill got busdriven onto me or something?

Wildcat on
  • Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I didn't read everything, not trying to stir anything.

Back to tending my cauldron.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a village like this you need to repeat your point a hundred times else Rysk having it happen again.

Fixed...

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    With a village like this you need to repeat your point a hundred times else Rysk having it happen again.

Fixed...

http://instantrimshot.com/

psolms on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Fixed...

Remember when you were like "Are you a mafia dood" and I was like "no way"
    and then you were like "well then I at least I hope you aren't a vig xD"

and we were like "ha ha, that would be terrible indeed"

Alegis on
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

not to bring it back up but when did I do what OS did? Unless i'm reading this wrong.

M.D. on
  • Options
    SepahSepah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh yeah, but I did get Sepah killed because I called him out (correctly) as being mafia. Trying to invalidate my argument because Mr. D was the person I picked to kill is like saying that it is a vigs fault that a game was lost because his first target on Day 2 didn't happen to be mafia.

That is the exact same post I would've made if I was not mafia.

You got lucky, congratulations, please stop being a goose about it.

You're still grudged and never to be trusted for the Mr. D thing.

Sepah on
  • Options
    Rawkking GoodguyRawkking Goodguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I have no idea what correctly guessing one mafia has to do with the fact you should NEVER fake a PM (essentially faking a seering) of someone being mafia. Heck, seers should try to delay their seers on mafia being published until somewhat later in the day to allow for some vote records regardless.

The only thing you are guaranteed to be doing is eliminating a day of vote records.

I could have pulled the same deal with Dunadan and been oh so very, very, very right by some degree of coincidence (duna was really busy with work) and some degree of reading him, and I would still expect people to treat me the same way they are going to be treating you for a bit.

Rawkking Goodguy on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

not to bring it back up but when did I do what OS did? Unless i'm reading this wrong.

Past lives, though I don't think you pulled the fake oatway, you just admitted to being mafia.

Similar, but definitely more forgivable.

REG Rysk on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    bump

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Why would you bump this?

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Why would you bump this?

I was making fun of REG Rysk who posted again 20 minutes ago instead of letting this die.

Orange Soda on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    You're right OS, I shouldn't respond when somebody asks me a question. I'm only doing this to make you feel bad because you are bad.

Get over yourself any time you are ready.

REG Rysk on