As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Ideas for forum games, similar to forum werewolf?

UnknownSaintUnknownSaint KasynRegistered User regular
edited June 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
So friends and I from a small online gaming community have had quite a bit of fun with the werewolf/mafia-esque games in the past, tinkering with the roles and rules and stories and trying all sorts of different ways to present the game, for a while there we probably had a dozen different games over the course of a few months.

People got burnt out, and we haven't played in a few months. There's been whispers of starting up a new werewolf game, but I feel like we could get going on something different. Any ideas? My google-fu is failing me, as all I'm finding are overly-complex variations of werewolf or goosery like 'rate the poster above you!'

If there's something with some more RPG-elements I think folks would dig that too, I've long been considering some variations that would involve development of the characters as the game goes on but balance and creativity are issues.

So...suggest some things? :mrgreen:

UnknownSaint on

• Options
    TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    Well... for mafia type games, the Critical Failures subforum has pretty regular phallas with a ton of different rules variations.

They also have a ton of play-by-post D&D games, with a few games from other systems. I'm sure you could find something there.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited June 2010
    They've been doing exactly this stuff like this in critical failures for years.

Some of it has gotten so complex that they've had external java apps for keeping track of your daily decisions, abilities, and stats.

The first posts of this thread has a huge compilation of all the games that have been ran. There's been like, over 150 of them.

Plutonium on