As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Footage of cannonballs hitting stuff

PongePonge Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys, I'm looking for reference videos for my latest project, and I need some footage of cannonballs hitting solid objects, like brick walls, or grass embankments.

Does anyone have any movies or other sources that come to mind? I've watched Master and Commander to see the effect of cannonball on timber, but I'm struggling to find other materials and youtube is coming up a bit blank.

Ponge on

• Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MYZu0OgN3Y&feature=related

Probably just link off there. Be a little more creative with your youtube searches and you'll find a few.

Darkewolfe on
    What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    RadicalTurnipRadicalTurnip Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There's a scene where a cannon ball hits a helicopter in Sahara. There are youtube videos of people tearing down old grain silos with cannon balls...but in terms of cannon balls hitting other things, all I can think of is Pirates of the Caribbean when they lay siege to that city in the first one. There are a few cannon-ball scenes, but I'm not sure that they are exactly what you want.

RadicalTurnip on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    All I can think about is that scene in The Patriot where the cannon ball takes off that guys leg.

Jokerman on
  • Options
    TheAngryDealerTheAngryDealer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    the TV show Pawn Stars should have a few clips. They've bought a few cannons and then gone out into the desert to try them out. Also I think there was an episode of Mail Call that featured cannons.

TheAngryDealer on