As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Portland (OR) Restaurants

theclamtheclam Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Can anyone recommend me some good Portland restaurants? Any type of food is good. It doesn't have to be super cheap, no more than $25 a person. Preferably not fancy. We live in Lake Oswego, so Southern Portland is best.

Thanks.

rez_guy.png
theclam on

• Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Screen Door is really good.

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    ArrathArrath Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Arrath on
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Which side of the river?

Le Pigeon (East)
    Pok Pok (East)
    Clyde Common (West)
    Olypmic Provisions (East)
    Laurelhurst Market (East)

Esh on
  • Options
    theclamtheclam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    These are great suggestions. If anyone knows any in the south suburbs, that would be great too.

theclam on
    rez_guy.png
  • Options
    Dance CommanderDance Commander Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Scratch, right in downtown Lake O, is quite good--but you'll almost certainly need reservations to get in on a weekend. It's small and a bit noisy but I've been really impressed with their fare.
    Dang's Thai Kitchen is also in Lake O and has surprisingly good Thai food--but the service sucks. Get it takeout.
    There are a couple of good bakeries in Lake O as well.

Dance Commander on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    theclam wrote: »
    These are great suggestions. If anyone knows any in the south suburbs, that would be great too.

Sorry, I don't venture out that way. No point. I don't even consider it Portland really. :mrgreen:

Esh on
  • Options
    ZenitramZenitram Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Fryer Tuck's Fried Chicken (It's a bar atmosphere but the best fried chicken I've ever had)

My Brother's Crawfish is an awesome crawfish place run by two Asian brothers. It's on SE 82nd (there are actually a lot of great restaurants on 82nd)

Corbett Fish House off of Macadam, never been but I hear great things.

And McCormick & Schmick's at Bridgeport Village, it's a chain but I always enjoy going there and they have a great happy hour selection.

Zenitram on
  • Options
    Eat it You Nasty Pig.Eat it You Nasty Pig. tell homeland security 'we are the bomb'Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    brother's crawfish is really good

Eat it You Nasty Pig. on
    NREqxl5.jpg
    it was the smallest on the list but
    Pluto was a planet and I'll never forget
  • Options
    baudattitudebaudattitude Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Juan Colorado's in Tualatin is really good; they have a couple of other locations but I only like the Tualatin one.

There's a decent track sushi place at Nyberg Woods, and a good Thai place in the Tualatin commons, though I can't remember either place's name. If you like Japanese, for that matter, the Thai place is right next to Bush Garden, which is pretty good for not being Koji's.

There's always Stanford's in Lake Oswego, they're a chain but not bad for it.

Oh, and the Chinese place south of bridgeport along the west side of the freeway (wow, I am crap for names) looks like it should be an absolute DIVE, right down to the separate lounge for video poker, but the actual food is great.

Tualatin has really gone from having not much to recommend it to being a rather nice place to live over the last decade.

baudattitude on
  • Options
    flowerhoneyflowerhoney Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a big fan of the Saucebox, close pioneer courthouse.

Their happy hour prices rocked my world (my boyfriend and I ate for a total of $20!) and it was a really happening place
    All their drinks looked pretty cool too, if you're into that

If you mean the south suburbs like where the sellwood district is, I think there's a really cute bakery, I just cant remember the name =(

flowerhoney on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

Their happy hour prices rocked my world (my boyfriend and I ate for a total of $20!) and it was a really happening place

If you mean the south suburbs like where the sellwood district is, I think there's a really cute bakery, I just cant remember the name =(

Kinda douchey/club like in there. Not a place I'd eat dinner really.

Esh on
  • Options
    kaliyamakaliyama Left to find less-moderated fora Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Esh wrote: »

Really Esh? Really? It's a little self-consciously upscale but it's not particularly clubby (two levels, highish ceilings).

kaliyama on
    fwKS7.png?1
  • Options
    ViscountalphaViscountalpha The pen is mightier than the sword http://youtu.be/G_sBOsh-vyIRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.salvadormollys.com/

Delicious Caribbean food. Prices are really reasonable too. Mollys mashed potatoes are fantastic.

Viscountalpha on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    kaliyama wrote: »

Really Esh? Really? It's a little self-consciously upscale but it's not particularly clubby (two levels, highish ceilings).

I know. I've been there several times. On weekend nights it's definitely douchey.

EDIT: I'm referring to weekend clientele.

Esh on
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    http://www.salvadormollys.com/

Delicious Caribbean food. Prices are really reasonable too. Mollys mashed potatoes are fantastic.

Planning on their catfish po' boy tonight actually

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.
  • Options
    Namel3ssNamel3ss Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    kaliyama wrote: »

I know. I've been there several times. On weekend nights it's definitely douchey.

EDIT: I'm referring to weekend clientele.

I can see that, good happy hour though. If you do eat, try the Korean style ribs.

Namel3ss on
    May the wombat of happiness snuffle through your underbrush.