As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

+ART-O-MATIC JACK+ Earthbound Flash animated musical thing

Automatic JackAutomatic Jack Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Artist's Corner
Hullo, AC. I'm an animation brat who draws things, and occasionally stuff. This thread will contain a portion of that stuff, and the aforementioned things.

OLD STUFF
The Deer Head and Diner Trio
twinvale3.png
Skyward Sword Looks Like A Lady
swordSMALL.png
York and Zach's Deadly Mix Tape
albumFINALSMALL.png
Agent York's Desktop Wallpaper
First up: Because I don't play video games all that often, being one of those weirdos who reads PA for the art and the gratuitous italics, it's obvious that the first Xbox 360 game I would ever purchase would be: Deadly Premonition.

agentyork_small.png

Despite being the right dimensions for a wallpaper, it's pretty useless as a desktop image unless Hunt the Icon Whilst Your Eyes Bleed is your favourite past-time. Dammit, spellchecker, in Canada, "favourite" has a U. Despite its overall tackiness, however, I feel like it kind of fits the subject matter by virtue of being hideously yet (hopefully) endearingly awkward to look at. Just like York's smile. (I purchased DP the day before yesterday. It's been one of the more worthwhile purchases I've ever made.)
Earthbound zombie thing
Second: A Flash-animated Earthbound music video, 'bout four minutes long, codenamed PK Flash!. I can't completely just hawk my own site so here's a screenshot from the work-in-progress that won't be posted on the production blog until, say, Halloween:

zombiepan.png

Who among you can guess what part of the game this image hails from? WHO??

That's kind of the look I'm going for throughout the whole project; kind of a kid's book-ish, colorful, cut-out style. I have some sequences that are partially animated in this style, but I'm working on the rough stuff before I get too far into clean-up (the blog has a rough Ness walk cycle, but that's about it).

PAsig.png
Automatic Jack on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Super high concept album cover art. ...I can't really be bothered to explain this fully... But if you read the lyrics in order, you basically get the whole game story. Yep, there are even spoilers. That was my week in a nutshell. On the plus side, I'd never heard most of these bands before, and track 26 is now pretty much one of my favorite songs. Who says video games don't expand your horizons?

PS: Yeah all my art right now is of pretty much the same subject... I'll do something Skyward Sword related next time, I promise. Also you should all play DP.
    albumFINALSMALL.png

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    The cover looks alright though, I hate that PS rain texture on anything.

What sort of crits are you looking for/ goals do you have?

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ehhh, I'm a story boarder by trade. My life is proceeding smoothly on that front, so anything else I do is pretty much for my own fun. You never stop learning anatomy or composition though, so any suggestions regarding those things would be cool.

The rain does looks pretty PS-ey, but my problem is after a certain point, I get impatient with the idea of more polish. I like working fast and cheap. I also think very broadly in a sense, I suppose, almost to the point of working with cliches. If it's vertical lines, it's rain, end of story. Good thing I don't do this sort of thing for a living; dammit Jim, I'm a storyboarder, not a graphic designer! That didn't stop me from trying, unfortunately. Yeah, the sensibilities I use for one style don't always translate to other styles, but it keeps me entertained.

My goals are to storyboard something for Pixar. There's nothing in this thread that would provide a good means for anyone to help me with that goal, but maybe someday... In the meantime, anyone is welcome to say whatever about anything here. It will all be duly noted, if not immediately acted upon.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Quicky Skyward Sword sketch with apologies to Aerosmith. Link looks embarrassed, but he's totally turned on right now.
    swordSMALL.png

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Is there a reason she is so apathetic about murdering that beast-plant?

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Because it's the 262th one this week.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    MustangMustang Arbiter of Unpopular Opinions Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    That could get tedious

Mustang on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Only if you hate motion control.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    That Sword looks like a Lady pic is fantastic! Love the expression on Lady-Sword's face.

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Thanks! I wonder what her actual name will be. Sucks that I probably won't have access to a Wii by the time the game comes out...

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Sketch in progress of three men whom I like to call the "Deer Head and Diner Trio". When taking a break from trying to solve murders in small Pacific Northwestern towns that are constantly being overrun by supernatural forces, I imagine they hang out together and try to refrain from talking about their cases, something Nightingale seems incapable of doing.

This will probably end up being a digital painting of some sort. Composition will change as well. Cooper in particular could look a lot more Kyle Maclachlan-y, but I gotta go to a wedding over the weekend, so this is where the buck head on the wall stops; for now, anyway.

I think it'd be fun to do the Sheriffs as well, Harry in particular. Sarah Breaker and Emily Wyatt could be BFFs.

twinvale3.png

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    PK Flash! Rough pass 1

Progress so far on Project PK Flash!, my summer side project (one of many). Everything's in Flash, but the character animation is, for all intents and purposes, what you might call "paperless classical". Flashical? I finally figured out the best Premiere settings to use, so you can totally watch it in fullscreen HD. The rough blue scribbles that pass for Ness look a lot crisper.

Check out the production blog for less significant updates.

Automatic Jack on
    PAsig.png