As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Journeyman Project: Click your way back to the future past

powersspowerss Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Social Entropy++
jp.gif

Anyone remember THAT shit? Awwwwww yeah getting nostalgic.
In the year 2308, Earth was shaken after an alien ship arrived at the Airborne Metropolis of Caldoria Heights and delivered a message. It came from the Cyrollans who, after seeing that mankind was no longer a threat to itself, invited Earth to consider a proposal to join a Symbiotry of Peaceful Beings, where they would share knowledge and culture with the other alien races. After that, the ship departed, saying they would come back in ten years to receive Earth's response.

Goddamn that is so 1990's. Shit yeah.

GO

powerss on

• Options
    bongibongi regular
    edited July 2010
    I remember that game!

bongi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Legacy of time was so much better, it was the best

bill-journeyman3-shangrila-640x480.jpg

Your witty AI was so witty

powerss on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    no let's remember a better game

198798_42988_front.jpg

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    That game was pompous and steampunky

please

powerss on
  • Options
    Indie WinterIndie Winter die Krähe Rudi Hurzlmeier (German, b. 1952)Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    powerss wrote: »

please

it was also awesome and incredibly hard

so it was great

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    tomato tOMAYTAO

powerss on
  • Options
    StiltsStilts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The second Journeyman Project game, Buried in Time, is on Good Old Games.

Everyone should buy it.

And yes, Legacy of Time is the best one.

Stilts on
    IKknkhU.gif
  • Options
    ArtreusArtreus I'm a wizard And that looks fucked upRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    YES

YES

YES

THIS IS A GOOD THING.

Buried in Time was my thing back in the day.

edit: Hard as shit though for young me. I learned a lot of stuff but I never made it past the Mayan puzzle box

Artreus on
    http://atlanticus.tumblr.com/ PSN: Atlanticus 3DS: 1590-4692-3954 Steam: Artreus
  • Options
    KlorgnumKlorgnum Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I still have my Buried in Time discs somewhere. If there hadn't just been a huge steam sale, I might have reinstalled them.

Klorgnum on
  • Options
    SporkAndrewSporkAndrew Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010

please

so it was great

So hard in fact that the first time I finished it was about 6 months ago, after owning it since release. I even listened to the audiobook of the novel trying to discern some clues.

That goddamn music room.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    edited July 2010

please

so it was great

So hard in fact that the first time I finished it was about 6 months ago, after owning it since release. I even listened to the audiobook of the novel trying to discern some clues.

That goddamn music room.

yeah I always assumed the music room was intentionally impossible

luckily I just looked at the back of the Cd case and the finished puzzle was there in a picture

how did you figure it out?

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The same way. I was putting the CD back in the case and for the first time flipped it back over to the left instead of to the right, putting the back of the case facing up.

I had a facepalm 12 years in the making.

SporkAndrew on
    The one about the fucking space hairdresser and the cowboy. He's got a tinfoil pal and a pedal bin
  • Options
    ButlerButler 89 episodes or bust Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    REBORZO

Butler on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    The same way. I was putting the CD back in the case and for the first time flipped it back over to the left instead of to the right, putting the back of the case facing up.

I had a facepalm 12 years in the making.

maybe it was an early anti-piracy thing? you could only solve the puzzle if you had the original case

Indie Winter on
    wY6K6Jb.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    No, I'm pretty sure it was possible from looking at the arrangement of the tables in the dining room. I could just never get them to line up right.

SporkAndrew on
  • Options
    TallahasseerielTallahasseeriel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The first Journeyman Project happened to be my first PC game. Came with my Packard Bell computer back in 2000 (it was a five year old computer)

They are fucking awesome games. The first one still holds a special place in my heart.

Tallahasseeriel on
  • Options
    GreenishGreenish Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I can remember running this on my old 486 dx2-66. Never was able to beat it though. I think I made it through the Mars maze once by pure luck.

Greenish on
  • Options
    GSMGSM Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I played through all of Legacy of Time with distorted audio.

I kept telling myself that I'd stop playing soon, and do something to fix the soundcard issue.

But the game was still too playable even with everybody sounding like they were underwater.

GSM on
    We'll get back there someday.
  • Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    you can buy Journeyman on gog.com

Abracadaniel on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Hahaha shit, I forgot how small the actual view window was on the first game. There's so much shit going on in that interface!

Legacy of Time was my favorite. And I know some people thought Arthur got irritating but I consistently laughed my ass off at some of the jokes he would make. I thought that was one of the better video game representations of Atlantis I've ever seen, as if it were just a really advanced Minoan civilization and none of this magical alien power crystal bullshit.

edit: Though of course there was an alien artifact there but weird shit wasn't in your face all the time you were walking around.

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    SalSal Damnedest Little Fellow Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    no let's remember a better game

198798_42988_front.jpg

more like

TitanicVideoGame.jpg

Sal on
    xet8c.gif