As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat] Talks

• Options
    SarksusSarksus ATTACK AND DETHRONE GODRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Big fucking solid wood desk with pens on it.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Fuck. Mortality freak out, that shit hasn't happened in a while. Stupid movie.

Human move. There's nothing to regret. We eat, we sleep, we poop, we fear death. It's okay.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    MikeMan wrote: »
    Are our lives like a stream

a stream does not end, it empties into another body of water, what was the contents of the stream become part of something bigger. Eventually what was the stream is now a part of many different streams. No longer the stream, but not gone, just elsewhere, part of something different. But no longer the stream.

I don't want to end.
    "you" can't die because there was never a "you" to begin with.

we are trapped by our language and our perceptual systems into imagining ourselves separate entities

you are the universe, you are existence, and the universe can never die

Main concern is stream of consciousness. Memories. Sensory data.

But this helps.

Part of a greater whole, etc. Calming down slowly. Fuck. Mortality freak out, that shit hasn't happened in a while. Stupid movie.
    Consciousness is nothing more than experience with the capacity to remember. The universe naturally creates consciousness because we live in a conscious universe. Anything that leaves an impression on another thing is a form of memory. You/the universe will be around for a long, long, long time.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    poshniallo wrote: »
    Elldren wrote: »
    but fffffffff seriously Niall?

D:

Well I dunno. I'm just scared because I've never had a cough for 2 months before.

We don't have much (any) support systems/people here so if we get seriously ill it won't be pretty.

I don't know if I'll be able to keep my job, for a start.
    You might just have asthma. Not time to start freaking out yet.

I have had a 2 month cough before. Hell right now I'm going through a 3 week cough that's not going away for whatever reason. Sometimes shit just gets aggravated, you develop new allergies, etc.

MikeMan on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I had a cough that lasted pretty long, at least a month. It's gone now, stopped a few weeks ago.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Wait, i thought they just poked you with a needle to do a TB test and if there was abump, then you had TB....

Jokerman on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited July 2010
    Ugh, asthma is the worst.

Well I guess TB is worse but asthma comes pretty goddamned close. Especially when it goes untreated.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well, that was unpleasant.

Sometimes I seriously consider applying for student residence for the fall. Hopefully it's not still available.

Something happen?

Not really, everything's more or less alright, but essentially my parents seem to like to try to make me feel like an idiot.

Right now my dad's sleeping off too many drinks on the porch after having given me a drunken lecture about how I need to be more ambitious, and my mom refuses to try to wake him up or basically do much of anything.

It's just frustrating.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Sarksus wrote: »
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Oh my God I just remembered.

Cesca, I don't know if you are but Japan is a pen fetishist isn't he? Do either of you know of good websites where I can look at pens and the assorted paraphernalia and buy some?

I quite like Zebra pens (if you're going for straight biros/gel/whatever), though if you're wanting something a little fancier (but still very affordable) you can't go wrong with Parker who do really nice cartridge pens, as well as fairly good rollerballs. That's the fairly low-end of the market, but let me know if you're looking for something a bit pricier.

p.s. it's me that has the stationary thing. japan just looks at me with bemusement when I walk into a stationary place :P

Oh no I am serious here! I want to get into pens. Pen pens! I want a possession.

I want to learn calligraphy, get into letter writing, stationary, one day have a desk with pens on it.

Brause makes a good starter set of calligraphy pens. I never got too deep into it because my handwriting is awful, but I use the Brause for when I'm writing letters to Leigh.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    These Parker pens look fancy as hell. Maybe these are good enough for me.

I will also look into Brause.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Well, that was unpleasant.

Sometimes I seriously consider applying for student residence for the fall. Hopefully it's not still available.

Something happen?

Not really, everything's more or less alright, but essentially my parents seem to like to try to make me feel like an idiot.

Right now my dad's sleeping off too many drinks on the porch after having given me a drunken lecture about how I need to be more ambitious, and my mom refuses to try to wake him up or basically do much of anything.

It's just frustrating.

That sucks.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ah, tonight's turned out to be a good night after all.

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    BobCesca wrote: »
    Oh my God I just remembered.

Cesca, I don't know if you are but Japan is a pen fetishist isn't he? Do either of you know of good websites where I can look at pens and the assorted paraphernalia and buy some?

I quite like Zebra pens (if you're going for straight biros/gel/whatever), though if you're wanting something a little fancier (but still very affordable) you can't go wrong with Parker who do really nice cartridge pens, as well as fairly good rollerballs. That's the fairly low-end of the market, but let me know if you're looking for something a bit pricier.

p.s. it's me that has the stationary thing. japan just looks at me with bemusement when I walk into a stationary place :P

Oh no I am serious here! I want to get into pens. Pen pens! I want a possession.

I want to learn calligraphy, get into letter writing, stationary, one day have a desk with pens on it.

Well, again Parker is a good place to start. They do calligraphy sets and so forth. For beginners it's best not to spend a huge amount of money. I've heard good things about Sheaffer pens but never used one. There's loads of books about calligraphy as well.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    These Parker pens look fancy as hell. Maybe these are good enough for me.

I will also look into Brause.

And keep in mind that a normal writing pen and a calligraphy pen are different. My Brause is wooden stick with various nibs for writing that can be attached. And if your looking for the classic high end pen, Mont Blanc.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I'm not even going to buy anything just yet. I'd just like to research and I'll start with these brands. Thanks to the both of you.

Sarksus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    So few people write proper letters anymore.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Also, my support and hope that things will get better to Choco, jeep, etc: all the people who aren't doing so well right now.

Goodnight [chat].

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    EllieEllie Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    God dammit. Am I seriously thinking about road tripping it to PAX?

Guys, what is wrong with me?

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Alright, off to bed now.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco I wanna be an owl, Jerry! Owl York CityRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Thanks, guys. I think I'm going to just cool off for now, but it feels good to vent a little.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Ellie wrote: »

Pick me up on the way!

I will repay you by being an amusing travel companion, and I'm capable of doing horrible things to get gas money. Seriously. Horrible things.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    JokermanJokerman Everything EverywhereRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

You desire to have hot steamy love with me?

Jokerman on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pick me up on the way!

I will repay you by being an amusing travel companion, and I'm capable of doing horrible things to get gas money. Seriously. Horrible things.
    Morbid curiosity is peaked.

Aldo on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

Nothing is wrong with you.

This is an amazing idea.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I should probably get back into calligraphy at some point.

I just don't hand write enough stuff anymore to feel that it's worth more things taking up space on the desk.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Ugh, asthma is the worst.

Yep. Mine has come back for the first time in about 10 years. Happening to a lot of people around here apparently with it being the coldest winter in a long time.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    evilbobevilbob RADELAIDERegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Pick me up on the way. I'll split the cost of waterproofing the car.

evilbob on
    l5sruu1fyatf.jpg

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Aldo wrote: »
    Pick me up on the way!

Fluffy's Guide to Getting Gas Part A: Necessary Equipment

- Knee Pads x2
    - Absence of Shame
    - Red pumps
    - Tarp
    - Rubber Hose > extra tubing for purpose of cutting
    - Taser
    - Handsaw
    - Strong constitution
    - Garrot wire > 5 feet
    - Hydrochloric acid > 3 litres
    - Shovel

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010

- Knee Pads x2
    - Absence of Shame
    - Red pumps
    - Tarp
    - Taser
    - Handsaw
    - Strong constitution
    - Garrot wire > 5 feet
    - Shovel
    I... At first, I thought I knew where you were going with that. Right up to the Strong Constitution bit, and then I just wound up confused.

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I wish I hadn't asked

Too late noooo

Aldo on
  • Options
    CorbiusCorbius Shepard Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Pick me up on the way!

- Knee Pads x2
    - Absence of Shame
    - Red pumps
    - Tarp
    - Taser
    - Handsaw
    - Strong constitution
    - Garrot wire > 5 feet
    - Shovel

Start with prostitution, end with serial murder.

Nice.

Corbius on
    wrexsig1.jpg
    PSN: Corbius
  • Options
    edited July 2010

- Knee Pads x2
    - Absence of Shame
    - Red pumps
    - Tarp
    - Taser
    - Handsaw
    - Strong constitution
    - Garrot wire > 5 feet
    - Shovel
    I... At first, I thought I knew where you were going with that. Right up to the Strong Constitution bit, and then I just wound up confused.

Some of those items are just to mix things up so's it don't get boring. Fighting monotony is a big part of a road trip. That's me thinking outside the box. Oh, I should add Box to the list. Or Cage. Box or Cage work.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I really can't decide if this whole idea horrifies or excites me, Fluffy. I think there's a fair bit of both. D:

Ellie on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Know what

I've filled my creep quota for the evening

I'm gonna go watch Chuck now

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2010
    Fluffy! Why are you jailed?

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
  • Options
    DaxonDaxon Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Daxon wrote: »
    Daxon wrote: »
    But seriously, I'll say it again - Doomsday is a fucking awesome movie. Let's go down the list of clear influences:

- The Road Warrior
    - Mad Max: Beyond Thunderdome
    - Escape from New York
    - 28 Days/Weeks Later
    - Braveheart

How does that not fire every neuron in your head?

I love Doomsday, when I first saw it at the cinema I was expecting something ultra terrible but it ended up being possibly the best film of '08. I mean, it screams terrible at every second of the film but it's just so awesome at the same time.

Also the fact that you have no idea what's going on/coming next and it's the future and then suddenly there are
    cannibalistic bikers, shortly followed by.. KNIGHTS?!

Oh god, that film was go great.

I'm just curious where they got it all from. Did they raid a Renaissance faire or what?

Well they were in a museum.

Also, given 20 years or so I'm sure you could figure out how to make your own shit.

Oh haha, did they actually admit to that? That's awesome :lol:

Critics talk about all the plot holes but I have yet to see any. Maybe some stupid choices, but nothing that doesn't make sense.

Wait what? Admit to what? At some point during the scenes
    in the castle you see a door with a sign saying "Gift Shop" next to it. It's pretty blatantly obvious that they're living in a tourist attraction.

Also, I don't know of any plotholes. The film is amazingly consistent for being what it is.

Daxon on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Pick me up on the way!

- Knee Pads x2
    - Absence of Shame
    - Red pumps
    - Tarp
    - Taser
    - Handsaw
    - Strong constitution
    - Garrot wire > 5 feet
    - Shovel

You know at first I was going to ask if it was shame-horrible or killing-horrible.

Damn.

Rear Admiral Choco on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man, I know I'll end up buying Starcraft 2, but I'm not sure I'm really happy about that. Starcraft 2 multiplayer sounds like a substantial decay from a situation I wasn't especially happy with in Starcraft 1.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Man, I know I'll end up buying Starcraft 2, but I'm not sure I'm really happy about that. Starcraft 2 multiplayer sounds like a substantial decay from a situation I wasn't especially happy with in Starcraft 1.
    I hate micromanagement, so I'm not going to play SCII.

Aldo on
This discussion has been closed.