As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Pioneer One: A free, internet distributed science fiction TV show

ClevingerClevinger Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Debate and/or Discourse
2kmxw6.jpg
(^astronomy geeks will probably recognize that background picture^)

Pioneer One is a free, independent, internet distributed science fiction show funded by donations.

Plot:
An object in the sky spreads radiation over North America. Fearing terrorism, US Homeland Security agents are dispatched to investigate and contain the damage. What they discover will have implications for the entire world.

The first episode is out now, made on a budget of $6,000. The cinematography and lighting and such all look pretty damn good for a shoe-string budget. The acting is a mixed bag, with some good elements, and some incredibly wooden ones. The writing is also good, with an interesting concept and decent-to-good dialogue with some humor thrown in. The writer previously made an indie film called The Lionshare, but I've never seen it.

They have already raised $20,000 for the next three episodes’ budget and the season is supposed to be 7 episodes long. The writer says he has four seasons of this stuff planned out.

There’s a trailer for it, but I’d recommend just watching it. It’s only 34 minutes long, and I can't imagine small clips of actors with varying degrees of talent talking would be all that enticing. You can download it (through BitTorrent or Direct Download, and I believe there's streaming sites available) and donate here, if you wish.

Now, I think this is awesome. I know there’s been some free internet TV stuff, but this seems like the most serious attempt at it yet and they did a bang-up job with the money they had and I hope it leads to more stuff like it. Have any of you seen it? What do you think?

Clevinger on