Options

Rape is hilarious to G4TV

2»

• Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't remember where I heard it, but either everything is fair game for humor or nothing is. Anything else is hypocrisy.

This is pretty much all that needs to be said

Oh also, because Ninja Snarl P brought it up:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zvTRQr7ns8

Rent on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    it's not offensive

but it is offensively bad

i always hear people complain about this show but geez, I expect cable to be a little more professional than a preteen's youtube video

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Mr.SunshineMr.Sunshine Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I think the real problem is that someone is watching G4TV.

Mr.Sunshine on
  • Options
    Drunk_caterpillarDrunk_caterpillar Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »
    Don't remember where I heard it, but either everything is fair game for humor or nothing is. Anything else is hypocrisy.

Indeed. We could all use more folky oversimplifications in our lives.

Drunk_caterpillar on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    It's clearly live and was unscripted. Basically just a bit of light joking-around banter, and here we are critiquing its comedic worthiness. Of course it's not comedy gold; do you think you're improv-worthy when you're shooting the shit with your friends?

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Do not ever read Homestuck.

The naked centaurs would probably shatter your fragile sanity.

If you're looking to criticize G4, there's about a thousand better examples of failure floating around out there, and there are more appropriate venues for your rage.

Like YouTube.

Romanian My Escutcheon on
    [IMG][/img]
  • Options
    Sol InvictusSol Invictus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Vegan wrote: »
    It's clearly live and was unscripted. Basically just a bit of light joking-around banter, and here we are critiquing its comedic worthiness. Of course it's not comedy gold; do you think you're improv-worthy when you're shooting the shit with your friends?

You'd damn well better be if you're on TV. This isn't some moron who's shooting the shit with her friends at a bar. I don't think anyone would care less if that were the case.

Where does all the defensiveness over this come from anyway?

Sol Invictus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Rent wrote: »

Indeed. We could all use more folky oversimplifications in our lives.

You really ought to change your forum name. Honestly, it's making light of alcoholism, which is an incredibly serious disease that affects millions of people a year and quite frankly your callous disregard for something as serious as this offends me.

Rent on
  • Options
    VeganVegan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

You'd damn well better be if you're on TV. This isn't some moron who's shooting the shit with her friends at a bar. I don't think anyone would care less if that were the case.

When was the last time you watched a local news broadcast? The banter/jokes between segments on those are WAY worse than the video in this thread.

I don't know what the premise of this show is, but it looks like a news sort of thing.

Vegan on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    FaffelFaffel Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Quit being a bunch of pussies. First you complain about censorship, then when someone breaks ever so slightly out of what you consider to be normal and acceptable, you shit a brick and I bet you wish that was censored. Go back to your knitting class you hypocritical old wenches.

EDIT: Really I guess it's just Sol who is a silly goose. Were you raped as a child?

Faffel on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    Waffles or whateverWaffles or whatever Previously known as, I shit you not, "Waffen" Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wasn't offended at all. I actually laughed at the joke(s).

Waffles or whatever on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

When was the last time you watched a local news broadcast? The banter/jokes between segments on those are WAY worse than the video in this thread.

I don't know what the premise of this show is, but it looks like a news sort of thing.

It's basically a shitty tech version of the daily show, but twice as long. News segments, banter, and 'funny' pre-recorded skits.

Rent on
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    if my local weatherman had rape banter with the anchor I would probably laugh myself to death

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    Feels Good ManFeels Good Man Registered User regular
    edited July 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=827lE8k70lk&feature=related

Feels Good Man on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    waah

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.