As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Darwinia and Multiwinia source code released - £30/$45

LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Games and Technology
Darwinia and Multiwinia Dev Source, PC – [URL="[url=http://store.introversion.co.uk/product_info.php?currency=GBP&products_id=66]"]£30[/URL]/$45

Here’s the info:
The complete source code to Darwinia and Multiwinia! Perfect for budding developers, make any modification you can think of and show the world your talent!

The code is distributed via an online subversion repository, where you can not only access the vanilla sources, but also create your own branches to share with other developers. Purchase of this product grants you access to the Darwinia and Multiwinia development forum, where you can discuss mods with other modders.

For those specifically interested in modding Multiwinia, we are running an entirely separate Metaserver for multiplayer testing. Each copy of the Soure Code includes five authentication keys, meaning you can code changes to Multiwinia and test with 4 players and still have a key spare.

Note: You will need Windows and Visual Studio 2008 to build the games. We have tested that the code compiles correctly on the PC, but you will need to put some effort in to compile for Mac / Linux. There is no Xbox code in this release.

LewieP on

• Options
    Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    :o !

I know what I'm doing this weekend. :D:D:D

Zilla360 on
  • Options
    ChewyWafflesChewyWaffles Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Oh nice.

Shit, no Xbox code. Still very cool find.

ChewyWaffles on
    mwf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TertieeTertiee Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Though I enjoyed playing Darwinia I'm not sure what to expect by letting others buy the source code. I'm more eagerly anticipating the release of Subversion's city generator assuming Introversion keeps selling the source code for its games. I can imagine many different games taking advantage of that system.

Tertiee on
  • Options
    ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    $45 for the privilege of tinkering with the code? I think I'll pass. I'd rather they just open source the darned things, but I get why they're doing this.

Zxerol on