As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

What Are You Assholes Playing Right Now

12345679»

• Options
    Skull ManSkull Man RIP KUSU Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    nah I mean

a new hope is kind of cool but only in the sense that I've seen it so many times since childhood

I wouldn't say it's any better than like, the ninja turtles movie

empire is a step up and jedi is boring and dumb

I've seen them all enough and it's probably only like 4-5 times each (and that number is probably way high)

Skull Man on
  • Options
    BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »
    Are you talking about never again watching any of the existing films or never seeing any new material that may be produced?

Because I agree completely with the second option but if you can't truly enjoy the original trilogy any more then you're dead inside.

The Old Republic is gonna be sweet though

(I hope)

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2010
    jedi owns, sorry skull man but you wrong in this case

DJ Eebs on
  • Options
    TasteticleTasteticle Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    also the latest indy film (while definitely not as great as raiders) is a fine movie to see once, I don't regret watching it

yeah I said it

Tasteticle on

Uh-oh I accidentally deleted my signature. Uh-oh!!
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    wait which is the one where hands-down the coolest character in the entire series, the one who has a JETPACK, gets knocked into a worm pit by a blind guy with an axe

I think it's also the one with the teddy bears and the death star getting blown up (again! surprise!)

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Skull, Fett wasn't even that cool at that point, he was just a guy who was good at his job

It wasn't until the EU and the fans turned him into the single most powerful organism in the galaxy

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Skull Man wrote: »
    wait which is the one where hands-down the coolest character in the entire series, the one who has a JETPACK, gets knocked into a worm pit by a blind guy with an axe

I think it's also the one with the teddy bears and the death star getting blown up (again! surprise!)
    Boba Fett was never cool in the movies.

It that some dude got a hardon for him and then started writing a shitload of stories showing him what a bad arse he is.

He never did anything cool in the movies.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    and whose fault is that

Skull Man on
  • Options
    Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I want to play heavy rain and alan wake.

Don't really want to pay full price for them though so I'll probably wait a bit longer.

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    the coolest character in the movies is obviously han solo I mean come on

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    it sucks

I want to play red dead redemption

but by the time I can afford it, no one will be playing anymore

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    alan wake is fantastic, if a bit short - so yeah rent it

but even now I still find myself thinking about it, so it has that "staying power"

the voice acting is great, the story is interesting, the environment is fantastic

best lighting effects I have ever seen

the facial animations are HORRIBLE though

don't know what happened there

Tasteticle on

• Options
    edited July 2010
    Skull man don't sweat it.

I put easily 35+ hours into it and I have never even played the multiplayer.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Grey GhostGrey Ghost Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Tasteticle wrote: »

Han Solo is the coolest character in all of film, with the possible exception of Indiana Jones. What's the connection, I wonder?

Grey Ghost on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Grey Ghost wrote: »

Han Solo is the coolest character in all of film, with the possible exception of Indiana Jones. What's the connection, I wonder?

George Lucas was heavily involved with both characters.

That's it right?

Blake T on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    well, that's good blake

maybe somebody somewhere will be in my posse

LOS OJOS DE CALACA

also I think I read somewhere that lucas didn't like han solo and expected audiences to hate him

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010

but even now I still find myself thinking about it, so it has that "staying power"

the voice acting is great, the story is interesting, the environment is fantastic

I've never been one for renting games really.

Mainly because I don't think I would want to sink the time into them that it requires to finish it over a weekend or something.

I at most nowdays play maybe 10 hours a week. Like maybe two hours during the week and then maybe two lots of four hour play sessions early morning on saturday and sunday while Vivienne is asleep.

Blake T on
  • Options
    Speed RacerSpeed Racer Scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratch scritch scratchRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    To be fair even if you rented a game twice that's still only like a third of the retail price (assuming the ratios work out about the same in Australia as they do here)

Speed Racer on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    aren't games like a hundred fucking dollars in australia

Skull Man on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Blake T wrote: »

I've never been one for renting games really.

Mainly because I don't think I would want to sink the time into them that it requires to finish it over a weekend or something.

I at most nowdays play maybe 10 hours a week. Like maybe two hours during the week and then maybe two lots of four hour play sessions early morning on saturday and sunday while Vivienne is asleep.

ah

the rental places around here rent out games on a 7 day basis, so if the game is under 12 hours that's what I usually turn to

Tasteticle on

• Options
    Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    man when I was a kid I thought ewoks were the coolest

Centipede Damascus on
  • Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    edited July 2010
    I'm playing the lock this thread game

Tube on
This discussion has been closed.