As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Need help with TV Tuner

DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
I just bought a new computer and it came with a "hybrid tv tuner". This is the computer

I was wondering how I actually connect it to my cable. Do I just plug it straight in from the wall to the comp, or do I have to have it go through the cable box first? This is new to me, so any help would be appreciated

3basnids3lf9.jpg

DaMoonRulz on

• Options
    mntorankusumntorankusu I'm not sure how to use this thing.... Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    If your cable requires the cable box to work on your TV (like most digital cable), then it'll have to go through the cable box to work on your computer too.

You can try it without the cable box-- if you have digital cable, and your cable company also offers analog cable without a box, then those channels are probably all being sent through the same cable. In that case, your card will still pick up the analog ones.

Whether you get your cable to work or not, what I'd do is try connecting an antenna to the card. If you can pick them up, you can get your local over-the-air channels in HD, and you'll be able to use all of the Media Center features to automatically schedule recordings and everything.

mntorankusu on