Temporal Inquisition

delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
edited January 2007 in PAX Archive
The days of PAX are nailed down (ie 8/24-26 if you do not know how to scroll down in forums [edit] or use wikipedia [/edit]). But what TIME on those days will PAX be running?

EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
"Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
delroland on

Posts

  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    delroland wrote:
    The days of PAX are nailed down (ie 8/24-26 if you do not know how to scroll down in forums [edit] or use wikipedia [/edit]). But what TIME on those days will PAX be running?
    probably similar to this year. what was it, 5pm-1am friday, 9am-1am saturday, and 9am-5pm sunday? i wish they'd give us more time on friday and sunday, though. like same schedule for all 3 days.

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dyaballikl wrote:
    delroland wrote:
    The days of PAX are nailed down (ie 8/24-26 if you do not know how to scroll down in forums [edit] or use wikipedia [/edit]). But what TIME on those days will PAX be running?
    probably similar to this year. what was it, 5pm-1am friday, 9am-1am saturday, and 9am-5pm sunday? i wish they'd give us more time on friday and sunday, though. like same schedule for all 3 days.

    You realize how crappy that would be for enforcers? :P

    if we did the same time all 3 days then we would need 2 full days to setup and 1 full day to teardown.

    Right now most of the setup is done on the thursday before pax and some before pax opens on friday.

    Most of teardown is done just after pax closes on sunday and a little general finishing things on monday.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    PAX 2006 ran:
    F: 3pm-2am
    S: 10am-2am
    S: 10am-6pm

    delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    BigRed wrote:
    dyaballikl wrote:
    delroland wrote:
    The days of PAX are nailed down (ie 8/24-26 if you do not know how to scroll down in forums [edit] or use wikipedia [/edit]). But what TIME on those days will PAX be running?
    probably similar to this year. what was it, 5pm-1am friday, 9am-1am saturday, and 9am-5pm sunday? i wish they'd give us more time on friday and sunday, though. like same schedule for all 3 days.

    You realize how crappy that would be for enforcers? :P

    if we did the same time all 3 days then we would need 2 full days to setup and 1 full day to teardown.

    Right now most of the setup is done on the thursday before pax and some before pax opens on friday.

    Most of teardown is done just after pax closes on sunday and a little general finishing things on monday.
    oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realize that pax was about catering to what would please the enforcers. here, i thought it was about the gamers.

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    dyaballikl wrote:
    BigRed wrote:
    dyaballikl wrote:
    delroland wrote:
    The days of PAX are nailed down (ie 8/24-26 if you do not know how to scroll down in forums [edit] or use wikipedia [/edit]). But what TIME on those days will PAX be running?
    probably similar to this year. what was it, 5pm-1am friday, 9am-1am saturday, and 9am-5pm sunday? i wish they'd give us more time on friday and sunday, though. like same schedule for all 3 days.

    You realize how crappy that would be for enforcers? :P

    if we did the same time all 3 days then we would need 2 full days to setup and 1 full day to teardown.

    Right now most of the setup is done on the thursday before pax and some before pax opens on friday.

    Most of teardown is done just after pax closes on sunday and a little general finishing things on monday.
    oh, i'm sorry, i didn't realize that pax was about catering to what would please the enforcers. here, i thought it was about the gamers.

    ...wow

    You ovbiously missed the point of my post. Remember this is a volunteer staff, that would extend the amount of time for us to volunteer from 5 days to 7.

    Sorry but not many are going to be doing that one. MIssing that much work/pay isnt an option.

    The hours will most likely be the same as they have been.

    BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • delrolanddelroland Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    I think he was being sarcastic. :)

    delroland on
    EVE: Online - the most fun you will ever have not playing a game.
    "Go up, thou bald head." -2 Kings 2:23
  • ctishmanctishman Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Yeah, I think so, too. The scary part is that you really can't tell.

    ctishman on
    WCTT_banner.gif
    Get the PAX 2008 Countdown widget and while away your sad, pathetic life watching it tick down the hours to PAX '08!
    http://homepage.mac.com/ctishman
  • dyaballikldyaballikl PAX Main Theatre House & Security Manager • PAX Community Cartographer Gold Coast QLD AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited January 2007
    ctishman wrote:
    Yeah, I think so, too. The scary part is that you really can't tell.
    no, the scary part is that i'm actually the domino's noid!

    dyaballikl on
    a.k.a. dya
    "Riding a mongoose reminds me of having sex with a man, which is something I do frequently because I am gay!" -Gabe
  • TrillianTrillian Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Oh man. It's official. I'll be 21 the week after PAX, on September 5.

    *Sigh* such is life.

    this means get me drunk

    Trillian on

    They cast a shadow like a sundial in the morning light. It was half past 10.
  • ViscountalphaViscountalpha Registered User
    edited January 2007
    Trillian wrote:
    Oh man. It's official. I'll be 21 the week after PAX, on September 5.

    *Sigh* such is life.

    this means get me drunk


    Trillian? drunk? this could either be really bad or really good.

    Viscountalpha on
  • TNTrooperTNTrooper Registered User regular
    edited January 2007
    Trillian wrote:
    Oh man. It's official. I'll be 21 the week after PAX, on September 5.

    *Sigh* such is life.

    this means get me drunk


    Trillian? drunk? this could either be really bad or really good.

    Either way it will end being great video footage for 08.

    TNTrooper on
    steam_sig.png
This discussion has been closed.