As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Headphone Recommendations

ZeromusZeromus Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I'm looking for some solid full-size headphones. I already own a pair of Grado SR60i's, and I'm covered on the earbud front, but I want something that produces good sound quality and that I could reasonably wear walking around the city. (The Grados are fantastic, but don't function well outside of a quiet room.) Something that does a decent job of sound canceling would be best, and I'd prefer them to be under $70 if possible; I am planning on ordering from Amazon, though, which means some good deals might be available.

Thanks in advance!

pygsig.png
Zeromus on

• Options
    HerkimerHerkimer Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I've got a pair of Audio-Technica noise-cancelling headphones, and I wub them, but they were definitely more than $70.

Herkimer on
  • Options
    TamTam Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    There should be a nice Sennheiser in your price range on Amazon.

Tam on
  • Options
    GafotoGafoto Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm a big fan of Sennheiser. I had a pair of Sennheiser HD555s that are comfortable and have a great, crisp sound. They're more than you'd like to pay and have open construction unfortunately.

Gafoto on
    sierracrest.jpg
  • Options
    Sir Red of the MantiSir Red of the Manti Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wear Koss 4AAs, and though I wouldn't recommend them for people with weak necks, they have served me well for a closed aural set. They also happen to be on sale for $70 on Amazon at the moment.

Sir Red of the Manti on
  • Options
    RobmanRobman Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Don't wear noise canceling headphones when you're walking around outside.

Robman on