As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Will an incorrect last name prevent an order from going through?

zktzkt Registered User regular
edited July 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
Was on the phone with a customer support rep with a foreign accent and there was some static. He screwed up my name for billing info and my street address. I got the confirmation email saying i wont be charged until my payment is verified, but I'm hoping it won't be since itll be mailed to a street that doesn't even exist.

zkt on

• Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    zkt wrote: »
    Was on the phone with a customer support rep with a foreign accent and there was some static. He screwed up my name for billing info and my street address. I got the confirmation email saying i wont be charged until my payment is verified, but I'm hoping it won't be since itll be mailed to a street that doesn't even exist.

Maybe you should call them back?

Esh on
  • Options
    urahonkyurahonky Resident FF7R hater Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah calling them back is the only way to get this answered. Some places might not ship it, others might.

urahonky on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    I spent 35 minutes on hold and by the time I was done it was after their phone customer support ends for today.

To go into more detail, it is Logitech. I called them yesterday because my mouse died. because I lost the receipt all they could give me was a coupon for 50% off on their store...which brought the price of my mouse only a few dollars less than if I were to buy it from newegg. I spent an hour on the phone today waiting for them to verify my coupon and they apparently didnt trust me enough to just email me the code and let me order it myself: had me tell my billing/mailing address and CC info to a sales rep or whatever who entered it incorrectly. If the order cancels Im just going to buy it from newegg. I sent them an email telling them to correct my address so..

zkt on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Cancel your order and order what you need from a decent company that doesn't outsource to cantspeakenglishistan.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Ruckus wrote: »
    Cancel your order and order what you need from a decent company that doesn't outsource to cantspeakenglishistan.

If logitech didn't make a mouse I absolutely love then I would.

zkt on
  • Options
    UsagiUsagi Nah Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    So just order it from Newegg?

Usagi on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Usagi wrote: »
    So just order it from Newegg?

I will, depending on the status of my current order.

zkt on
  • Options
    oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Your post is really vague, are you asking if your credit card company is going to deny a payment if your name is spelled wrong by the merchant?

That completely depends on how they process credit card payments, what payment gateway or merchant system they use and your carrier. You can call and deny them access via your card company if the charge hasn't gone through, probably but it will be as much of a hassle as canceling the order probably.

eBay probably has the mouse you want.

onceling on
  • Options
    RuckusRuckus Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Or tigerdirect, or ncix, or cdw.

Ruckus on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Yea im well aware of the many places on the internet I can get the mouse, thanks. I just wanted to know if I could avoid having to wait 30 mins on hold to cancel.

zkt on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yea im well aware of the many places on the internet I can get the mouse, thanks. I just wanted to know if I could avoid having to wait 30 mins on hold to cancel.

There's no need to be a silly goose to anonymous strangers on the Internet who are spending their time trying to legitimately help you.

There is no way to avoid waiting on hold to get this properly canceled, to answer your question. You're either going to wait on hold with Logitech or with your credit card company, and the latter will be asking questions as to why you don't simply call Logitech to cancel.

Next time, it would probably be a peachy idea not to hang up the phone if you know the sales rep has your information wrong. Even with a thick accent, you could have clarified your details for the guy. Instead, you're out some time because you're lazy.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Figgy wrote: »

There's no need to be a silly goose to anonymous strangers on the Internet who are spending their time trying to legitimately help you.

Im not being a "silly goose" by stating that I know all of the alternative locations to buy things. My question wasnt where could I go to purchase a mouse.
    There is no way to avoid waiting on hold to get this properly canceled, to answer your question. You're either going to wait on hold with Logitech or with your credit card company, and the latter will be asking questions as to why you don't simply call Logitech to cancel.

This doesn't answer my question which was if the order would even go through since my billing information is incorrect.
    Next time, it would probably be a peachy idea not to hang up the phone if you know the sales rep has your information wrong. Even with a thick accent, you could have clarified your details for the guy. Instead, you're out some time because you're lazy.

The rep didn't repeat the information back to me, my fault for not asking him to. I assumed he heard me clearly as I was speaking very slowly and boldly. Also, all i have this weekend is time to do whatever, including being lazy. Thanks.

zkt on
  • Options
    FiggyFiggy Fighter of the night man Champion of the sunRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Your question was answered whether or not the payment will still go through. It depends on the verification used by the merchant. I don't know why I'm even still replying to your goosey thread.

Figgy on
    XBL : Figment3 · SteamID : Figment
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Figgy wrote: »
    Your question was answered whether or not the payment will still go through. It depends on the verification used by the merchant. I don't know why I'm even still replying to your goosey thread.

Because you have nothing else better to do with your time?

zkt on
  • Options
    The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I wouldn't test the waters with whether or not it will go through, you will have to cancel the order

also stop backtalking a guy who is just trying to help you

you threw the "yes I already know I can get it elsewhere" in our faces, and he said it was unnecessary, though he could have done it better

The Black Hunter on