As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bat-Thread: Bruce Wayne, International Hairy Chested Love God of Mystery

• KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I chuckled when I read the solicitation describing her as "fan favorite".

I know it's beating a dead horse, but if they were intent on making a new batgirl/robin why not reboot Cas or Steph?

• Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    I'd rather leave the door open to them returning intact at some point than reboot them now.

Tim got rebooted, and now he doesn't even really seem like the same character.

• AmiguAmigu Registered User regular
    Yeah she is pretty well reviews but how can you call her a fan favourite after like... Three issues?

BitD PbP Character Volstrom
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I'd rather leave the door open to them returning intact at some point than reboot them now.

Tim got rebooted, and now he doesn't even really seem like the same character.

Yeah that's been bugging me. Tim (from the limited comics I read with him) always seemed like the more well adjusted/normal out of the bat family.

Now he's almost mini Batman. And kind of an ass.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    I actually really liked issue #18
    The last panel got me choked up

Batman and Robin #18 was fantastic as well

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    Kyougu wrote: »

I know it's beating a dead horse, but if they were intent on making a new batgirl/robin why not reboot Cas or Steph?

You know why. I'm just glad we've gotten a new female member of the Bat Family.

• BlankZoeBlankZoe Registered User regular
    Snyder is doing some heavy duty Tumblr baiting in Batman.

"While I'm out, check the hard drive. I put some of your favorite Supernatural eps on it."
    "Shirtless Winchesters?"
    "You know it, bro."

CYpGAPn.png
    Tairu wrote: »

Anyone else notice that
    neither issue actually used the word "death," showed a funeral, or anything like that?

B&R was silent, of course, but the fact that neither Harper nor Batman actually say what happened to Robin stuck out for me a little bit. It's not as though Leviathan's uprising was a secret, and obviously she knows something happened based on that last panel.

Instead of drawing a connection between Batman's loss of Robin and Harper's loss of her mother, though, Batman just says there're "things happening in my life right now that you couldn't understand.

Anyone else notice that
    neither issue actually used the word "death," showed a funeral, or anything like that?

B&R was silent, of course, but the fact that neither Harper nor Batman actually say what happened to Robin stuck out for me a little bit. It's not as though Leviathan's uprising was a secret, and obviously she knows something happened based on that last panel.

Instead of drawing a connection between Batman's loss of Robin and Harper's loss of her mother, though, Batman just says there're "things happening in my life right now that you couldn't understand.

• TairuTairu Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Oh god I reread B&R #18

I don't know why it didn't hit me as hard the first time

I am emotionally devastated right now

Oh jesus i'm in public

Tairu on
    That letter :cry:

QEz1Jw1.png
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Batman & Robin 18 was really good.

(but not as good as Fantastic Four #588 which was also a silent issue about grieving the loss of a family member)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular

Anyone else notice that

Batgirl #18 has Jim Gordon calling up Barbara and saying "Robin is dead." after Batman stops by to talk to him

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular

Anyone else notice that

WHat I find strange is that
    Apparently its not common knowledge that Robin died.

Quire.jpg
    Well maybe it isn't? They could have covered it up pretty easily.
    It would make explaining why Damian isn't showing up to school or Wayne galas easier if Robin didn't disappear at te same time[\spoiler]

QEz1Jw1.png
    Amigu wrote: »
    Well maybe it isn't? They could have covered it up pretty easily.
    It would make explaining why Damian isn't showing up to school or Wayne galas easier if Robin didn't disappear at te same time[\spoiler]
    But then you still have to explain why Bruce Wayne's son mysteriously disappeared. I wonder how much that'll be explored in the comics, considering Damian's public role in Bruce's life was never explored too much to begin with.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    edited March 2013

Why not make it Beryl?

Sidekick to the Knight --> Sidekick to the Dark Knight.

vagrant_winds on
    // Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    edited March 2013
    He's at an unamed boarding school would be enough for that. Where as I Robin and Damian are. Other gone at the same time... How well it's explored will depend heavily on the writers I'd say.

Amigu on
    QEz1Jw1.png
  • vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Oh god. B&R #18 was just heartbreaking.

• sweetcreamscoopssweetcreamscoops Registered User regular

Why not make it Beryl?

Sidekick to the Knight --> Sidekick to the Dark Knight.
    I'm still kind of baffled that Morrison killed Knight. He loved that character.

• Caveman PawsCaveman Paws Registered User regular
    I always want characters to stay gone when they die.

But I wouldn't complain if Damian returned. And became Dicks sidekick.

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/21/scott-snyder-batman-zero-year-interview-dc-comics/
    lotta interviews on comicsalliance as of the last couple of days, here's snyder explaining what's up with year zero

• nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/21/scott-snyder-batman-zero-year-interview-dc-comics/
    lotta interviews on comicsalliance as of the last couple of days, here's snyder explaining what's up with year zero
    It became clear to me that the more people asked at cons and on Twitter about different moments in Batman's history to see if they were still there in the New 52 that most of my favorite stuff from Year One wasn't there anymore. James Jr. would be six years old in the New 52, if Year One happened the way you saw it. Selina has a completely different origin story, Barbara Gordon has a completely different origin story, Jim Gordon has a different origin story, the Falcone gang has a different origin story. It became clear that it just doesn't exist in continuity the way that I hoped it would when we began the New 52.

Read More: http://www.comicsalliance.com/2013/03/21/scott-snyder-batman-zero-year-interview-dc-comics/#ixzz2OETa3qcQ

Let me just say thank science for that.

Quire.jpg
  • KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    Well, it's about time someone admitted that. I think most people figured out that the old continuity wouldn't work about 10 minutes after they heard about the de-aging in New 52.

• Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Lars wrote: »
    ...Bette Kane's new codename is Hawkfire?

uuuuugh i wanna read this because i love Bette Kane solely from being in Young Justice for a few issues. was batwoman actually good after the first arch of JH Williams writing? Was he able to keep it up?

also what a dumb fucking name, but im glad that bette kane of all characters exists in the New 52.

Sars_Boy on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    who came up with this

and also who approved it

DC Comics.

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular

Anyone else notice that

WHat I find strange is that
    Apparently its not common knowledge that Robin died.
    I haven't read all the Bat books yet, but of the ones I have read it's been out as "Robin is dead." I don't know if that's intentional or not, but I want to believe. It could be Bruce is retiring Robin since he's nearly lost two. He pretends Damian is dead to protect him from Talia, Damian gets better, takes a new code name and sidekicks for Dick, Batman and Robin becomes Nightwing and Damian's new code name. Win, win, win.

• BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

uuuuugh i wanna read this because i love Bette Kane solely from being in Young Justice for a few issues. was batwoman actually good after the first arch of JH Williams writing? Was he able to keep it up?

also what a dumb fucking name, but im glad that bette kane of all characters exists in the New 52.

The Wonder Woman team up story that just finished was awesome.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • DrIanMalcolmDrIanMalcolm Registered User regular
    edited March 2013
    Ha, Joker's even got his mustache!

• Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    Sars_Boy wrote: »

First arc was great (Williams art), second art wasn't great (not Williams art), third arc was awesome (Williams arc), current arc is one issue in (Trevor McCarthy art) and it was pretty good. Williams has been writing it the whole time (with W. Haden Blackman)

Plus the Zero issue was amazing

• Mike DangerMike Danger "Diane..." a place both wonderful and strangeRegistered User regular

Every single issue had better end with a page like this
    batmaninc1-2.jpg

Steam: Mike Danger | PSN/NNID: remadeking | 3DS: 2079-9204-4075
    oE0mva1.jpg
    edited March 2013
    Interesting interview. Snyder isn't perfect but I just really like him as a person. He seems like a good guy. Judging by the Zero issue I have a feeling that this Batman will be a lot techier and sleaker straight from the beginning rather than being all 1920s like the Year One Batman. I think I might enjoy this. I've been digging the sleek futuristic Batman.

Amigu on
    QEz1Jw1.png

Every single issue had better end with a page like this
    batmaninc1-2.jpg

Man, I need to re-read the pre-New 52 part of Batman Inc.
    Lord Death Man arc was fantastic.

Fingers crossed for Cassandra Cain.

It'll be FAN FAVORITE CHARACTER Harper Row.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    They should just get the script for that unproduced Batman Beyond DTV sequel that had old Dick Grayson coming to town with a female apprentice as the new "Nightwing Beyond" who then starts competing against Terry.

Or better yet, they should just make that damn movie.

FAN FAVORITE.

Meaning one fan.

• TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Hey man, she's a street smart hacker who's tough and has a nose ring, all she asks of Batman is to pay for her hair dye. She might even be 10% Rastafarian!

• Harry DresdenHarry Dresden Registered User regular
    FAN FAVORITE.

Meaning one fan.

You under-estimate how popular she is.