As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Street Fighter X Tekken: Game out now. 12 characters DLC incoming. Day 1 patching.

1464748495052»

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Full-time Voice Actor Kirkland, WARegistered User regular
    I actually really like this game, but feel that it needs some serious attention in order to have longer legs. Balance patches (gameplay and gems), netcode adjustments, earlier release of DLC, and a greater emphasis on feedback from the community. Adding in the ability for 360 users to play local online together couldn't hurt either. Some new info to be released on the 19th. We'll see.

Need a voice actor? Hire me at bengrayVO.com
    Legends of Runeterra: MNCdover #moc
    Switch ID: MNC Dover SW-1154-3107-1051
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    so is rolento banned now because that would make the game a lot more watchable

• AuburnTigerAuburnTiger Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I highly reccomend getting AE if you are the fence.

Agreed.

XBL: Flex MythoMass
  • lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    I'm sorry this one is SO much better:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=rvVDAmB9EB4

lionheart_m on
    3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    mojojoeo wrote: »

I highly reccomend getting AE if you are the fence.

Agreed.

Yeah... you may be on to something.... i think its still installed even....

There is something too damn fun about ex tiger knee wall bouncing into a tiger upper tho.....

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
    A comparison between AE and SFxT on the PC, versus the same opponent:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=aWs7hVmDtoM

For anyone that still cares, next round of DLC on June 5th. A limited-time only free pack of gems is included. Get it while you can. Also, there was a rumor of news concerning SFxT at E3. Potentially unlocking the DLC characters earlier than expected. We'll see.

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • LarsLars Registered User regular
    Wouldn't they have to convince Sony to alter their Vita-related contract for that to happen? Which seems like something Sony would not be up for.

• MasumeMasume Creator Caprica, FloridaRegistered User regular
    MNC Dover wrote: »
    For anyone that still cares, next round of DLC on June 5th. A limited-time only free pack of gems is included. Get it while you can. Also, there was a rumor of news concerning SFxT at E3. Potentially unlocking the DLC characters earlier than expected. We'll see.

Sounds cool. I haven't played in a bit myself since Diablo 3 and TOR have been taking up my time, and the usual crew hasn't been around either with the new releases. Fighting games seem to be on a downward swing.

3DS Code - 5370-0463-9307
    Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume

Sounds cool. I haven't played in a bit myself since Diablo 3 and TOR have been taking up my time, and the usual crew hasn't been around either with the new releases. Fighting games seem to be on a downward swing.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
    Lars wrote: »
    Wouldn't they have to convince Sony to alter their Vita-related contract for that to happen? Which seems like something Sony would not be up for.

I agree, that's just the rumor going around. Then again at the rate interest has been dying off for this game, no one may buy the Vita version come September anyway. :/

Steam ID
    Twitch Page
    edited May 2012
    BTW, my original MadCatz TE Fightstick had a board issue about a month ago. I contacted MC and they ended up replacing the stick with a brand new TE stick at no charge (under warranty for a stick bought in 2009?!). When I opened the shipping box, they had accidentally shipped a PS3 stick instead of a 360 one. After a few calls and emails, they swapped that stick out with a Soul Calibur 360 stick again at no cost (They didn't have any SF 360 sticks anymore and I don't care about the art).

So yeah. MadCatz has come a long way and deserve a standing ovation for their excellent customer service.

MNC Dover on
    Steam ID
    Twitch Page
  • mojojoeomojojoeo A block off the park, living the dream.Registered User regular
    BTW, my original MadCatz TE Fightstick had a board issue about a month ago. I contacted MC and they ended up replacing the stick with a brand new TE stick at no charge (under warranty for a stick bought in 2009?!). When I opened the shipping box, they had accidentally shipped a PS3 stick instead of a 360 one. After a few calls and emails, they swapped that stick out with a Soul Calibur 360 stick again at no cost (They didn't have any SF 360 sticks anymore and I don't care about the art).

So yeah. MadCatz has come a long way and deserve a standing ovation for their excellent customer service.

Yessir. Should be shouted from the mountain. MAdcatz the company of shitty controllers and service died a while back.

Long live the new Madcatz.

And dover on top of early DLC they may be annoncing a free dlc upgrade to the game as there are massive hints coming out that they may be overhauling the system a bit.

PC version is still dookie right now.

Chief Wiggum: "Ladies, please. All our founding fathers, astronauts, and World Series heroes have been either drunk or on cocaine."
  • GinpachiGinpachi Registered User regular
    So uh, I've never really gotten into fighting games, but I'd like to. Is this a good place to start? Also I'd prefer to play on PC, but PS3 is cool as well. I was thinking of grabbing this if it went on the Steam Summer Sale.

• unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    Nope this game died basically

Either super street fighter iv arcade edition or ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 is the way to go

Nope this game died basically

Either super street fighter iv arcade edition or ultimate marvel vs capcom 3 is the way to go

Avoid this game like the plague.

Thier big announce ment was them moving up the dlc to July 31. all for the low cost of 20$.

FUCK CAPCOM.

They know the game is a failure, They give no shits.

• lionheart_mlionheart_m Registered User regular
    You know something's wrong with the game when its EVO debut isn't even streamed :(

3DS: 5069-4122-2826 / WiiU: Lionheart-m / PSN: lionheart_m / Steam: lionheart_jg
    I think it isn't so much that there is a problem with the game as much as it's the DLC fiasco that has people keeping away from it. I love this game and it has soo much potential but they shot themselves in the foot by making backdoor deals with Sony. I'll still play the hell out of this game, but I doubt I'll be buying the DLC anytime soon.

Wii U - 'Nocero'
    XBox ID - therealmasume
    PS4 ID - realmasume
  • MorvidusMorvidus Registered User regular
    Is it sad that I'm more hype for MK and SC5 than this? I honestly hope this doesn't appear on stream so I don't walk away and stay gone too long and miss something important.

• LarsLars Registered User regular
    http://evo.shoryuken.com/2012/07/06/evo-2012-is-now-streaming-live/ has a schedule after all the videos. Times are PDT.

SC5 finals streaming now, SFxT finals coming up very shortly, MK finals after that, then KoF XIII followed by UMVC3 and then SF4 is way late tonight.

• H*RH*R Registered User regular
    I'm going to drag this thread up from the depths. You can get this thing for $30 new for Xbox. I thought I read that the Xbox version is basically broken though, is that really the case? Is there no redeeming factors to this game?

I just want to play as Elena in a modern fighter dangit! (But that's AN EXTRA $20!)

Nintendo Network: WarrenMSP
    3DS: 4184-2362-9697
    PSN: Skywarrd
  • chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    It's no more broken than any other version of the game, and by that I mean that the game is fun if you just play it with friends for laughs.

• Mmmm... Cocks...Mmmm... Cocks... Registered User regular
    I wish this game didn't land the way it did. It has almost everything I'd want in a fighting game.

• Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    im hoping best buy will run this on sale sometime this month, so i can pick it up for around $10. i sold my copy a while ago, but i still sort of want to rock some hugo sometimes. i would feel a lot better about buying the $20 character dlc if i only dropped $10 on the game in the first place.

It's no more broken than any other version of the game, and by that I mean that the game is fun if you just play it with friends for laughs.

Did they fix not being able to play 2v2 co-op online for the 360 version? Or the analog diagonal input problem? If not, then yeah, I'd say it's more broken than other versions.

• chamberlainchamberlain Registered User regular
    edited July 2012

Did they fix not being able to play 2v2 co-op online for the 360 version? Or the analog diagonal input problem? If not, then yeah, I'd say it's more broken than other versions.

The analog diagonal input problem was fixed, I believe.

And if you mean the two people on the same console playing online, then no, that was not fixed. You can still play 2v2 online, you just need to all be online.

I have heard that the netcode of the PC version is significantly worse than the other two.

chamberlain on
  • Fig-DFig-D Tustin, CA, USRegistered User regular
    If anyone was wondering, the DLC characters are fun, but the game hasn't received the system changes that would make me want to play it a whole lot more.

Jack-X is a beast, by the way. His huge beefy arms make for some screen filling normals.

Would I pay an extra $20 for 'em? Probably not, but I got them for "free" because I signed up to play the game at EVO with a buddy.

SteamID - Fig-D :: PSN - Fig-D
  • Ah_PookAh_Pook Registered User regular
    gamefly has this for $12.99 right now, if anyone out there wants to fight streets in this particular manner. pretty good deal.