As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[The Resistance]: The Empire Must Fall - Signups!

DracilDracil Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Critical Failures
pic766603_md.jpg

This game is based on this game, which is a free game inspired by Mafia/Werewolf game with an official retail version is coming out in October with a bundled expansion.

It's the classic sci-fi setup. There's a big evil Empire and a ragtag group of freedom fighters trying to stop them. However, the Empire has sent some spies to infiltrate the Resistance and sabotage their plans. If the Resistance succeed in their plans three times, they succeed in toppling the Empire. If the Empire succeeds in sabotaging the Resistance's plans three times, the Resistance is effectively wiped out.

I am looking for 10 players for the game who can commit at least 3 weeks to the game. It can go as low as 5 players if for some reason we can't get 10 players. The numbers and missions in this post assume we have the full 10 players. This is also my first time running a game of any sort, so apologies in advance if I screw something up. And of course, no communication allowed outside this thread.

Weekends are "free time". i.e. If a deadline would fall on Saturday or Sunday, you have until the same time on Monday instead. I will put deadlines in the thread title if I can.

Basic rules of the game:

In the 10 player game there will be 6 resistance members and 4 spies. Spies will be told who each other are. There is no player elimination in this game. The starting leader will be randomly picked.

Each Round proceeds as follows:

Step 1 - Leader makes a mission proposal. The leader picks A) the target, and B) the members who will go on the mission (they may include themself in the team). The leader will have 24 hours after being given the leadership role to decide on the mission target and the team that will carry out the mission. During this time the leader is free to openly discuss with the the rest of the team what to attack and who will go on the mission. The leader sets a proposal in stone by bolding it, e.g.

Target: Delta I. Team: John, Abel, and Sarah

Once the proposal is officially made, this step is over. If no proposal is made within 24 hours, it simply counts as a failed vote and leadership passes to the next person.

Step 2 - Vote on the proposal. The group (including the leader), now gets to vote on the proposal. You have until 6PM Pacific time on the next day to send me your votes. e.g. If the leader makes his proposal at 3PM on Tuesday, you have until 6PM Wednesday to send your vote. A majority must pass the vote in order for the plan to proceed. If the vote fails, the leader role passes to the next person and we go back to step 1. You can say whatever you want in the thread about how you plan to vote, but you must PM me your vote, with the Round #, proposal #, and your vote. For example, if we're on the third proposal of Day 1 (because the two previous proposals were rejected), and you vote yes, PM me

Day 1, Proposal 3, Yes

At 6PM the following day, I will publicly announce how everyone voted, and we will go to Step 1 or 3 depending on the outcome.

Step 3 - Selected team goes on mission. If the vote passes, then the people in the mission have 24 hours to PM me whether they are supporting or sabotaging the mission. Resistance members are not actually allowed to sabotage the mission and must choose to support it, but they still need to PM me for metagame reasons. Spies can choose to either sabotage it to cause the mission to fail, or support it, to perhaps mislead people into believing they are part of the Resistance.

Step 4 - Mission resolution. After I receive all the PMs, I will announce the results anonymously at 6PM the following day, and then pass the leadership role to the next person.

Game End:
The game ends when there are three total mission successes (Resistance wins) or three total mission fails (Empire wins), so the game will run between 3-5 missions. The Resistance also automatically lose if they can't agree to a plan in 5 consecutive voting rounds (that means 5 different leaders in the round couldn't get people to vote for their plan). Basically, the Empire comes in and wipes out everyone while they sit their squabbling over what to do.

Mission targets, in increasing order of relative difficulty.

pic748615_t.jpgpic748617_t.jpgpic748608_t.jpgpic748612_t.jpgpic748616_t.jpg

Plans represents the # of people needed to be given the mission plans to carry out the mission.
Sabotage is the # of sabotages needed for the mission to fail.

Special: Epsilon Prime may not be chosen until the Resistance have succeeded in attacking two other targets.

Signups are first come first serve, until I get 10 players.

Current list:
1. Gene Parmesan
2. Infidel
3. Darian
4. joelat713
5. Ringo
6. romanqwerty

3DS: 2105-8644-6304
Switch: US 1651-2551-4335 JP 6310-4664-2624
MH3U Monster Cheat Sheet / MH3U Veggie Elder Ticket Guide
Dracil on

• Options
    Gene ParmesanGene Parmesan Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    !Sign Up

Looks interesting.

Gene Parmesan on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'll sign up, a little busy in the next bit but sounds like it should be manageable.

If you fill up then you can give up my spot.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Darian on
  • Options
    joelat713joelat713 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010

joelat713 on
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Added the current list of signups to the OP. We're almost halfway there!

Dracil on
  • Options
    joelat713joelat713 Registered User new member
    edited July 2010
    Cool. Can't wait to play.

joelat713 on
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    joelat713 wrote: »
    Cool. Can't wait to play.

Looks like you will have to! :lol:

Good ol' summer.

Infidel on
    OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Looks interesting. Unfortunately I'm planning on moving during what would be the middle of the game.

Maybe next time.

Farangu on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Yeah i'll give this a try

romanqwerty on
  • Options
    ronrabronrab Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    I'm curious, but I'm already juggling four or five pbps, sorry.

ronrab on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    ronrab wrote: »
    I'm curious, but I'm already juggling four or five pbps, sorry.

D:

Darian on
  • Options
    RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Darian was gone for just two days and sixteen Pbp threads fell to page three due to inactivity.

The man likes his games

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So, 4 more spots left!

Dracil on