As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[WH40K]Imperial Inf'ty Uplifting Primer Ed: So Dark Eldar are a thing I guess?

• Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    The rule makes sense if you read it. It basically has 10 slots for individuals and the clamps lock them in place regardless of size.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Gray Knight Instant death?

Soon Death Watch will be out and soon I will be done with my custom squad!

Brainleech on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Man I want one of those Caestus things. I mean, a drop-pod/tank with a giant melta-cannon would be pretty great on its own, but then there's the bit where I can put a full squad of Wolf Guard in it regardless of loadout.
    Brainleech wrote: »
    Gray Knight Instant death?
    Grey Knight Force Weapons don't tell you to refer to the BGB; they instead have their own special rules that "slay outright" making a mockery of things like Eternal Warrior.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    saluksicsaluksic Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Grey Knights make a mockery of so many things :P

saluksic on
  • Options
    SlapnutsSlapnuts Registered User regular
    edited July 2010
    Forgot to post this yesterday. Here's the aftermath of the assembling of my cousin's Eldar, some of my Orks and a some terrain.

keaqvt.jpg

In total we put together:
    2 Eldar Battleforces
    1 Farseer/Warlock Council
    6 Scorpions
    6 Harlequins
    1 Death Jester
    1 Wraithlord
    The Ork Side of AoBR
    3 Killa Kanz
    1 Sanctum Imperialis
    1 Basilica Administratum
    1 Manufactorum

We played some Kill Team Eldar v. Space Wolves the first night when his army was still in its infancy. The Space Wolves prevailed.

We got a 1250 point Eldar v. Ork game in Friday. Some highlights from that:

It was an Eldar Mission from the Battle Missions book (Flank Attack - 2 objectives on my side, one on his - he gets infiltrate on all units).

I set up so that he couldn't take advantage of his infiltrate rule so most of his units had to come in from his own side. Go horde armies!

My Deffkoptas were rolling nothing but 5 and 6's for shooting in the first two rounds and managed to take out his Farseer and Warlocks real quick.

The Killa Kans exploded a War Walker in the second turn and a Fire Prism on the fourth turn (after it had come in on the second) -- then they tied some infiltrating Scorpions up for the rest of the game. Gork and Mork were with my shooting for the first few rounds -- they left me alone, cold and shivering for the rest of the game.

My Big Mek and Meganobz wiped out all of his Harlequins (one of 2 units he managed to infiltrate with on a sliver of a table corner. Then I used their battlewagon to ram the Wraithlord in the last turn.

And my big blob of 30 boys took out some Guardians and Dire Avengers before they were reduced to nothing.

I will say that it was my cousin's first game ever with the Eldar, so I may have taken slight advantage of that. (I might have been a little upset that he absolutely rolled over me in 3 games of Starcraft 2 Wednesday.)

Anyway, we're doing 1500 points SW v. Eldar tonight.

Slapnuts on
    There are some acts so ruthless, some deeds so unpalatable, that only the Vlka Fenryka are capable of undertaking them. It's what we were bred for. It's the way we were designed. Without qualm or sentiment, without hesitation or whimsy. We take pride in being the only Astartes who will never, under any circumstances, refuse to strike on the Allfather's behalf, no matter what the target, no matter what the cause.
  • Options
    edited July 2010
    Some good old fashion fun there, slapnuts.

I noticed you had an Armytransport case. I'm thinking of buying one. How do you like that? What size is it, and how much can it hold?

saluksic on
  • Options
    troublebrewingtroublebrewing Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    which codex's are out for 5th edition? and if the codex is not out do you just use the old one?

troublebrewing on
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    5th Edition codexes are:

Space Marines
    Imperial Guard
    Tyranids
    Space Wolves
    Blood Angels.

But these codexes were released in 4th edition, but are made with 5th in mind

Chaos Space Marines
    Eldar
    Orkz
    Dark Angels
    Tau (Can't remember if this one was 4th made for 5th, or just 4th)

The rest you use the codex that they have, no matter what edition it's from, but this also means they might have certain rules you won't find in the rulebook anymore, like a Tau Battlesuit Commander can take a piece of wargear that affects a rule that doesn't exist anymore.

Huntera on
  • Options
    DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In the first post under appendix there's a list that's up to date.
    Yeah, if your book isn't 5th edition, you can use it anyway. The older it is though, the more likely you are to have some items/rules not be relevant, and more likely to get a new book that'll change a ton of things in the next year or three.

Dayspring on
    My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    You forgot Chaos Daemons, but nobody who cares cares...

I thought Orks were fifth....

They're really competitive, regardless.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    It BurnsIt Burns Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Tau codex is not "5th edition ready".

Not even in layout.

It Burns on
    The slowest painter. Ever.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Tau are very much 4th (or even 3rd?)

Orks and Chaos marines are on the cusp of 5th, so they don't quite have the fun tricks of the proper 5th books, they work fine. Eldar is similar enough in style, but cost is really hurting it at this point.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Orks were right at the end of 4th.

Sharp101 on
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Tau was solidly 4th.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Huntera wrote: »
    ... Tau Battlesuit Commander can take a piece of wargear that affects a rule that doesn't exist anymore.

Real Tau players take that piece of wargear and shove it down other player's throats.

Librarian's ghost on
    (Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    saluksic wrote: »
    Grey Knights make a mockery of so many things :P

Mostly it's the rules making a mockery of the models, though.

SJ on
  • Options
    MatriasMatrias Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Phil Kelly is the best codex writer.

there I said it.

SJ can't disagree with me because he likes his Orks.

Matrias on
    3DS/Pokemon Friend Code - 2122-5878-9273 - Kyle
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oh gosh I love the Tau Codex. You want to know about fire warriors? There is one page with all the info right there. They even tell you how much they cost. Those new ones where you have to turn pages all day to figure everything out frustrate me a little.

saluksic on
  • Options
    BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I agree with the new format where you turn to page * to find out how something works is rather annoying. It took me a few days to find where the rules were for Chaos Armour in the Chaos Warrior book.

Brainleech on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah. Fuck easily referenced rules.

SJ on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Bring back putting the reference page in the middle of the book too!

Dayspring on
  • Options
    NaxNax For Sanguinius! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Dayspring wrote: »
    Bring back putting the reference page in the middle of the book too!

And why the hell do we need page numbers to the fluff/special rules in the list building section?? Ridiculous

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    look, all I'm saying is I think everyone would appreciate it if all future books were written only in latin.

Dayspring on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And every other was upside down

Nax on
    The following people are amazing and I love them: Wildcat, Timspork, Kias, Denada, susan, Sharp101, [GHSC]Ryctor, Matev, Matrias, ItBurns, Slapnuts, Dayspring, see317, and the unknown poster that sent me a box of Death Company! <3 If you get them as Santees you should buy them amazing things!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Nax wrote: »

I've been advocating this for 3 years and have sent numerous e-petitions to GW but they never return my emails D:

SJ on
  • Options
    Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    On the other hand, they totally loved my paint-and-play plastic codex idea, but the negotiations broke down over page thickness and character embossing.

Mr_Rose on
    ...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Mr_Rose wrote: »
    On the other hand, they totally loved my paint-and-play plastic codex idea, but the negotiations broke down over page thickness and character embossing.

I thought it was a good idea :(. If you can't put the work into painting a full color codex you obviously don't care about your army!

SJ on
  • Options
    ElderCatElderCat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited August 2010
    PA Vassel League Season 2:
    http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=15986517

It's not too late to sign up!

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Season 2: The Deadliering.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This will prob be my army list for the league elder cat is running any critiques

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Wow taking your only HQ in a block is gutsy, as your opponents will flat out know what your 750 pt army is going to be, you can't tailor it to fit your opponent.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    HuntzyHuntzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    well i figured it was rather take all comers so i figured why not

Huntzy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's a very solid list, everything is mechanized aside from the infiltrating scouts ... looks good.

ElderCat on
    IWBRLjC.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    SJ wrote: »

I've been advocating this for 3 years and have sent numerous e-petitions to GW but they never return my emails D:

Man, I really hope every Codex gets made into a free PDF that can be downloaded and easily updated each edition... I mean, they DEFINITELY wouldn't just put a yellow circle on the first page that said "Updated for 6th!" but not actually change anything... And, they wouldn't leave out rules for unit options and never update it to include them... or refuse to fix typos or discrepancies...

OH WAIT

Nax on
  • Options
    ChrysisChrysis Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    They can do it for the Japanese codices, they could probably manage it in English as well.

Well, the PDF bit at least.

Chrysis on
    Tri-Optimum reminds you that there are only one-hundred-sixty-three shopping days until Christmas. Just 1 extra work cycle twice a week will give you the spending money you need to make this holiday a very special one.
  • Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    So figure you guys can take a look at my escalation league list. Blocks 1-3 start with the core, guess we get to make 3 more blocks as the tourney goes. Making nice 250 point blocks for csm that aren't just chaos boyz is kind of hard.
    Core-500 pts(on the dot)
    Daemon Prince
    -Wings
    -MoS
    -Lash

CSMx10
    -Champ
    -power fist
    2x melta
    -Rhino

Greater Demon

Block 1-250 pts.
    CSMx10
    -Champ
    -power fist
    2x flamer
    -Rhino
    -havoc launcher
    Block 2-245 pts.
    CSMx10
    -Champ
    -power fist
    2x melta
    -Rhino

Block 3-256 pts
    Plague Marines
    -champ
    -power fist
    2x flamer
    Rhino
    -Combi-melta

Block 4-255 pts
    Termicide
    -3x combi
    Defiler

Block 5-225 pts
    3x Obliterators

Block 6-245 pts.
    Predator
    -heavy bolters
    Chaos Vindi
    -possession

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    altmannaltmann Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Question, I just finished the ultramarines omnibus, and uriel just did his death quest. Now, I had just started Courage and Honor but I'm not sure thats the next book since he just returns to ultramar. Is the killing grounds the next book after the omnibus? If so i need to hit up a bookstore since i was planning on reading it on the airplane tomorrow.

altmann on
    Imperator of the Gigahorse Jockeys.

"Oh what a day, what a LOVELY DAY!"

signature.png
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    altmann wrote: »
    Question, I just finished the ultramarines omnibus, and uriel just did his death quest. Now, I had just started Courage and Honor but I'm not sure thats the next book since he just returns to ultramar. Is the killing grounds the next book after the omnibus? If so i need to hit up a bookstore since i was planning on reading it on the airplane tomorrow.

Killing Grounds, yes. I thought I loaned it to you... Did I forget?

Nax on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    altmann wrote: »

The answer is obvious: why are you reading those terrible books

SJ on
  • Options
    Captain ScurvyCaptain Scurvy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

sorry to shit on your parade here, but its a book if its written upside down then you just....turn it over :P

Captain Scurvy on
    [Enter Witty Catch Phrase Here]