As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[DOTA 2] Beta ongoing. Keys going out regularly. Join the PennyArcade channel!

• Options
    JerkbotJerkbot some kind of hypnotist Registered User regular
    Guess it's time for me to stop doing my key-stakeout and go play the SUPER EXCLUSIVE SUPER MNC BETA THAT YOU GUYS AREN'T IN

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    FightTest wrote:
    Booo server going down.

But I just got home :<

• Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    Jerkbot wrote:
    Guess it's time for me to stop doing my key-stakeout and go play the SUPER EXCLUSIVE SUPER MNC BETA THAT YOU GUYS AREN'T IN

In that one.

But not this one. I think last week SWTOR and SMNC took up all my luck.

• Options
    Docshifty wrote:
    Jerkbot wrote:

In that one.

But not this one. I think last week SWTOR and SMNC took up all my luck.
    Damn. We should get a thread started, get PA people to register so that by the time they turn premades on we can have a crew of bros.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    DocshiftyDocshifty Registered User regular
    There is a catchall MNC thread this way.

• Options
    FightTestFightTest Registered User regular
    Not gonna lie stuns feel a bit excessive sometimes. Playing ES turtled in base waiting for a good chance to wall, in blinks TH and I'm stunlocked down to death before I can even cast wall spamming Q like a madman. Qqqqqqqqq. Though I suppose when the other team is fed they can burn you down a bit faster, but still.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Part of your problem was that ES has particularly slow animations - for example, the periodic ministuns from Clockwerk's Q will prevent him from casting.

/edit: I watched that game because I was promised Manta Skeleton King and because the spectate feature is baller

P10 on
    Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    stimtokolosstimtokolos Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    Anyone for a game on USwest?
    I'm a not particularly well practised these days but I'll do alright.

stimtokolos on
  • Options
    P10 wrote:
    Part of your problem was that ES has particularly slow animations - for example, the periodic ministuns from Clockwerk's Q will prevent him from casting.

/edit: I watched that game because I was promised Manta Skeleton King and because the spectate feature is baller

Ah. Only my third game so far so don't know mechanics that well. Started out pretty good up top but everywhere else didn't work and mid would retreat as soon as I tried to roam. Then team fights started and I would try to wait for a good wall but TH would just blink on me and not worry about how many he got because the team just crumbled after. I imagine it probably would have went better if AM had gotten some kills.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    4 of us are lookin' for one more for a practice game learnin'. If anyone wants to join us, add me on steam.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • Options
    Page-Page- Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    They need to blink of ES because if they don't then ES will blink on them and do exactly what they're trying to do, in reverse.

If you don't want him to blink on you then you've got to hit him first. If you see him hanging around then lay a fissure down. If it hits him then he has to wait for his blink dagger to cool down.

And, as the man said, his animation is slow. Especially if you're trying to turn first. Spam either his ult or totem because they'll both come out faster, and with aftershock they'll still stun. Long enough for you to get your fissure out.

Stuns can be excessive, but there are simple items and methods to get around them.

Still <3 qop. Since it's a beta and I don't really care I'm going to qop every game until another hero I like gets released.

Page- on
    Competitive Gaming and Writing Blog Updated in October: "Song (and Story) of the Day"
    Anyone want to beta read a paranormal mystery novella? Here's your chance.
    stream
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Page- wrote:
    They need to blink of ES because if they don't then ES will blink on them and do exactly what they're trying to do, in reverse.

Yeah I was back just behind my tower in base and he was behind a wall so I had no LoS. There were only two enemies in sight and not lined up worth fissuring so I was waiting. And at this point we had already lost pretty hard so their team was super-fed and me just blinking out would have been instant death anyway most likely. It's also an issue of me learning distances and danger zones. Should have just hung back even further and waited for them to come into the base so I had something worth initiating on.
    Spam either his ult or totem because they'll both come out faster, and with aftershock they'll still stun. Long enough for you to get your fissure out.

That's actually a good idea and because I am a dumb newb I didn't even think of that. But hey my first two games went really well and if I hadn't lost I would still be clearly the best DotA player of all time so this had to happen~

FightTest on
    MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    I would like a dota 2 beta key please.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    I'm really digging Anti Mage. Guy just is all about your manas.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    I'd like to get more people who are really new to Dota to play some inhouse learning games. Friend me if you're in. <3

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    Oh goddammit, I just realized that by the time they finally send me a key everyone will be not new anymore and there will be no practice games.

VyQGM.jpg
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    anyone who likes antimage is a not alright person in my book!!!!

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    fuck antimage

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    IncognitoEsqIncognitoEsq TexasRegistered User regular
    Anti-mage is a chump. Rikimaru is the best carry forever.

• Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    Anti-mage is my homeboy. Forever and ever and ever and ever and ever.

Lifestealer can come too.

• Options
    I really like Shadow Shaman, but in bot games I get blown up so goddamn often in the beginning. I really don't know how to survive in the early levels. No matter what character I pick I end up going like 0-5 then coming back to near even at end game.

n1woEHJ.png
  • Options
    fuck antimage forever always mana burn on autoattack boring ability only makes game more boring

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:
    fuck antimage forever always mana burn on autoattack boring ability only makes game more boring

Maybe for you.

Excuse me while I teleport around and detonate your mana pool.

bamf bamf bamf FWOOM bamf bamf

• Options
    TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    nealcm wrote:

Channeling some serious wimble over here.

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    I would like a dota 2 beta key please.

he really would.

give him your beta key(s). every day that passes he does not get a key he grows more and more unstable and i fear he may soon turn violent

a4i9N.png
  • Options
    SkabSkab Registered User regular
    Nealcm, I like you. Because fuck Antimage.

But it's ok, as soon as Centaur or Troll Warlord are in, AM will be my bitch.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    eelektrikeelektrik Southern CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote:
    I'd like to get more people who are really new to Dota to play some inhouse learning games. Friend me if you're in. <3

I would totally be down for that, if Valve would hurry up and give me a key.

(She/Her)
  • Options
    dispatch.odispatch.o Registered User regular
    edited November 2011
    I guess I just don't understand why Anti-Mage is in the game. He makes every other carry look like crap really, maybe it's a DOTA 2 thing, but he seems a lot harder to counter than I remember. As soon as he has his burn max'd and a mantis, you may as well just go find something to watch on TV.

It's also tracking my losses but not my wins.

dispatch.o on
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote:
    I guess I just don't understand why Anti-Mage is in the game. He makes every other carry look like crap really, maybe it's a DOTA 2 thing, but he seems a lot harder to counter than I remember. As soon as he has his burn max'd and a mantis, you may as well just go find something to watch on TV.

He does seem impossible to counter or deal with right now.

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    AumniAumni Registered User regular
    I need to play with QoP more. I like her swagger. Her and dragon knight. They just want to kill you dead.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/aumni/ Battlenet: Aumni#1978 GW2: Aumni.1425 PSN: Aumnius
  • Options
    A Flock of WalrusA Flock of Walrus For the Greater Good! Registered User regular
    Aumni wrote:
    I need to play with QoP more. I like her swagger boobs.

FTFY

PNA1v.jpg
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    dispatch.o wrote:

A good Mirana or Spectre will absolutely WRECK him. Mirana with her own Manta and Spectre with Radiance can easily outcarry AM.

• Options
    tidehunter's wc3 model has the most swagger ever

http://www.playdota.com/heroes/tidehunter

look at dat shit

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    i don't really know about antimage from a balance perspective i don't think i played dota enough to say

i just don't like his design and hes just frustrating to play against and is dumb

and yeah law i totes channeled wimble there

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    also his i think his illusions proc the mana burn too??? what the fuck is that shit

19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    P10P10 An Idiot With Low IQ Registered User regular
    AM's a pain, like most mana burners, because they are ridiculously good in lane. AM + Lich lane literally unbeatable.

Then again, most heroes + lich is literally unbeatable.

Shameful pursuits and utterly stupid opinions
  • Options
    Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    P10 wrote:
    AM's a pain, like most mana burners, because they are ridiculously good in lane. AM + Lich lane literally unbeatable.

Then again, most heroes + lich is literally unbeatable.

Can vouch for that. One of my most painful HoN memories was being SW/Spectre and laning against Vindi/Silencer - spammable mana burn spell I can only remove if I cast the only spell I have, said spell already costing me half my mana = painful laning phase. Thankfully after laning the enemy made the quite major mistake of letting me farm in peace, but still, UGH.

• Options
    It's dreamhack weekend.

MOBA DOTA.
  • Options
    Crazed LlamaCrazed Llama Registered User regular
    if anyone looking for someone to fill up practice add me on steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197960421664

ill be gone for thanksgiving but gonna DOTA it up this weekend

tf2_sig.png
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular