Options

I was Born a Ramblin Gamblin Pokéman

• Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Got a dude over in CF who's playing a character like that in one of the games.

It's depressing.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    FizFiz Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Even though the characters go on about liberating pokemon, you know they are going to own a bunch of strong ones anyways because that is the only way conflict is resolved in these games.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Seriously, what is with the villains in these games? The Admins have things that could tear a ten-year old human boy to shreds, but instead they battle the boy's animal servants in a fair fight and then just concede and let him advance.

"Enough of this shit! Mightyena! Rip out his kidneys!"

"Wait, whaaaAAAAAAAAUGGHRRR"

In other news, I'm really not enthused at all about any of the new Pokemon additions (other than the black legendary, that one looks fucking badass, even if he does bear a bit of a resemblance to Palkia with less fat and penishead).
    They all look the same - round, smooth, and disgustingly kawaii. I mean, just look at this deer that is clearly a Burmy in disguise. And the starters all fill me with genuine disgust just looking at them. Having to choose between those three is like choosing between having a testicle crushed, your dick ripped off, or being subject to the Pear of Anguish.

Okay wow I sound really angry right now. Which I'm not, really, but I am severely disappointed with this round of pokes. The human character designs are pretty awesome though.

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    MaceraMacera UGH GODDAMMIT STOP ENJOYING THINGSRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Well, we haven't seen all of the new ones yet. Here's hoping for some more along the lines of Weezing and Pinsir in appearance. Maybe there'll be an anglerfish that is actually an anglerfish.

Macera on
    xet8c.gif
  • Options
    MizuumiMizuumi pet dog you've been eating my video game how could you eat my video gameRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think a Pokemon version of this is something I could deal with.

Really though, I'm just not sure if I'll be getting B/W at all. Not just because of the unimpressive Pokemans (and I do grant you, there could be some amazing and/or beautiful ones yet to be disclosed), but I just don't feel like there's anything left holding me to the series.

I tried to get into competitive Pokemon, but keeping up with highly volatile strategies and trends was too much for me. Breeding and soft-resetting are tedious and really not worth it in the end when the only thing I might be using them for is to pound one of my friends' Pokemon into the dirt and then, with a tip of my shades and a tug of my coat, utter "Evs".

In-game battles are often monotonous unless you purposely leave yourself unprepared (I will admit there have been a few gym leaders that gave some exciting matches in HeartGold) Trying to catch 'em all held me for a while, but after a while it's just more tedium with the wild pokemon and the same trainers 48 times and the switching out and blah blah bluh.

Other than that, all that's really left is the story and characters, and... well....

Of course, having said all that, I'm probably going to have another rush of FIGHTING SPIRIT right before BW comes out, just like what happened with HGSS. In fact, thinking about where I left off in HGSS a month or two ago (wiping the Lighthouse trainers all over the floors with my 20% health HM slave Furret) actually brought a smirk to my face. And you can certainly challenge yourself by placing restrictions on yourself like with my current mono-grass Emerald run, and the story can easily be spiced up with a little imagination, and I certainly do have a lot of good memories and play hours with the series and oh god I take back everything I said BW is going to be awesome.

E: Jesus why do I always make rambly posts like this and then lampshade said meandering when it's this late.

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    oh yeah? well

bestwish.jpg

Furu on
  • Options
    GumpyGumpy There is always a greater powerRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Give me TM's that override ability instead of teaching new moves

That's all I'm asking for

Gumpy on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Furu wrote: »
    oh yeah? well

dealwithitsnootleaf.jpg

Mizuumi on
    ducklett.gif
  • Options
    FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Gumpy wrote: »
    Give me TM's that override ability instead of teaching new moves

That's all I'm asking for

Not gonna happen but pokemon caught in the dream world have alternate abilities

Furu on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Pureauthor wrote: »
    One a semi-related note, what do you guys think about the human designs for this generation?

I like almost all of them more than most of the other generations... except for Aragi. She just looks weird to me.

I like the designs of the Rivals in particular.

I like team plasma but that's cancelled out by tom and jerry's housekeeper. the protagonists look good.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    it is way too much to ask to have a dragon age style pokemon game i.e. a bunch of different options on your trainer's background and starter, and you hit the badges in a different order depending on where your started

it will never happen

but it would own

Squall on
  • Options
    MarshmallowMarshmallow Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think nintendo just consults their giant stacks of money every time the words "change" and "pokemon" are in the same sentence.

And nosir, the giant stacks of money think things are going just peachy the way they are.

Marshmallow on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Squall wrote: »
    it is way too much to ask to have a dragon age style pokemon game i.e. a bunch of different options on your trainer's background and starter, and you hit the badges in a different order depending on where your started

it will never happen

but it would own

I would just settle for the ability to pick more than the standard avatars and player sprites

Arch on
  • Options
    GPIA7RGPIA7R Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I think nintendo just consults their giant stacks of money every time the words "change" and "pokemon" are in the same sentence.

And nosir, the giant stacks of money think things are going just peachy the way they are.

Classic, and still one of my faves:

ds-it-prints-money490.jpg

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Arch wrote: »

it will never happen

but it would own

I would just settle for the ability to pick more than the standard avatars and player sprites

hey arch

do you want me to throw battle frontier moves on your pocket monsters???

Rent on
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Rent wrote: »

it will never happen

but it would own

hey arch

there are lots of things I want, but I never remember to play pokemans

so don't hold onto things for me

Arch on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

it will never happen

but it would own

hey arch

Hey, Rent.

Want a shiny Rotom?

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    yes

yes I do

what moves do you want

Rent on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    rent, is there any chance you could waste BP on a story mode Pokemon for me

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PureauthorPureauthor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    yes

yes I do

what moves do you want

1 X-Scissor TM, 1 Stone Edge TM, and... yeah, that should do it.

Pureauthor on
    SS FC: 1334 0950 5927
    Platinum FC: 2880 3245 5111
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm 8 BP short for Stone Edge, let me go fight some stuff and get it for you quicklike

Rent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    So we're around the one-month mark, right?

I am guessing that any evolved forms of pre-existing pokemon won't be released until right before the games or after the release when we learn them all. They seem to want to make it so you don't get any of the old pokemon until you have explored the new region and developed a bond of slavery with your new wild animals.

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'll defintely hate that aspect of it... Even now, I always gravitate toward my classic Red favorites... I can't see myself growing too fond of a bunch of newbies.

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    That's a pretty douchey attitude. Tell me how they're raping your childhood or something.

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    YukiraYukira Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

it will never happen

but it would own

hey arch

there are lots of things I want, but I never remember to play pokemans

so don't hold onto things for me

You still want that berry?

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I don't mind using new stuff, but how can I be expected to do my best without BIDOOF

Fiz on
    juggcat.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Name every pokemon you use BIDOOF.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Doofnition

Smugdoof

Doofotter

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    GPIA7R wrote: »
    I'll defintely hate that aspect of it... Even now, I always gravitate toward my classic Red favorites... I can't see myself growing too fond of a bunch of newbies.

The new designs are pretty awesome overall. I have no problem with never seeing Zubat or Geodude in the wild ever again either.

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited August 2010

The new designs are pretty awesome overall. I have no problem with never seeing Zubat or Geodude in the wild ever again either.

Yeah there are those that were just annoying to constantly run into... but I'll feel lonely without my Pidgeot, Raichu, etc... :P

GPIA7R on
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    edited August 2010

Yeah there are those that were just annoying to constantly run into... but I'll feel lonely without my Pidgeot, Raichu, etc... :P

Well the idea is to find new favorites. Not to mention once you beat the game you'll be able to trade older pokemon to Black and whie

King Riptor on
    I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    It's going to be so strange getting new favorites and figuring new things out.

Yukira on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I'm 8 BP short for Stone Edge, let me go fight some stuff and get it for you quicklike

hey so I got both Stone Edge and X-Scissor

so uh pure

pm me or somethin'

Rent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GODDAMN IT I ALREADY HAD A STONE EDGE TM FUCK

Also Nerdgasmic what moves do you want

Rent on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    oh never mind, it's cool

thanks anyway, though

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I want...moves?

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    A ha ha ha, what?

Tyranitar can learn Dragon Dance.

Oh man, good thing I still have that Dragon Dance Charizard.

Yukira on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    Yukira wrote: »
    A ha ha ha, what?

Tyranitar can learn Dragon Dance.

yup and my tyranitar basically just picks things apart with it

Kusuguttai on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And I already have the setup, this'll be fun.

Yukira on
  • Options
    KusuguttaiKusuguttai __BANNED USERS regular
    edited August 2010
    i love the new season system
    1 month per each season is a better choice than one week. i hope they keep the day/night system as well. i think they are?

Kusuguttai on
This discussion has been closed.