As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Mini-Phalla] Competing Host Phalla-It's over!

• Options
    FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    IT'S LIKE THE FORCES OF THE UNIVERSE AGREE WITH ME

SUFFER NOT THE MEME SLAVE TO LIVE.

Fiaryn on
    Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ringo wrote: »
    oooooOOOOOOoooooo

Rend is too quick for me

OOOOOOooooooOOOOOOO

ooOOoOooOooo

i doubt youre the first person to have that problem...

oOoOOooOooOoO

psolms on
  • Options
    JaysonFourJaysonFour Classy Monster Kitteh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I can't remember if I voted or not- been busy all day starting my dorm room shopping for this school year.

Feels like I just got back...

JaysonFour on
    steam_sig.png
    I can has cheezburger, yes?
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    daniant wrote: »
    Oh, good. Day's not over.

Duna, I know what you're thinking. Why did she have time to post in the Phalla Awards, but not here? The answer is simple. I posted in the Awards, then was going to read the thread here, but the maintenence guy came in and said that he was going to lock all the gates at work and I needed to go home. Long story short, I forgot about this phalla until just now.

Having now read the thread, however, I still don't know why everyone's voting for Anonymous. Since I don't care who dies, I will leave my vote alone.

Now I need to go memorize vote close time.

Um... you might want to go check post #234...

Wow, I'm an idiot. I really need to read spoilers. I opened it and saw a video and ignored the text below completely.

Well, at least we caught a mafia, no thanks to my terrible reading ability. Who's next, network?

daniant on
  • Options
    LucedesLucedes might be real Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    HEY GUYS

EPIC REVEAL

I am...

so dumb that i forgot to send in my kill tonight

so slow that i couldn't call my kill before Rend posted narration the first day

THE WORST VIGILANTE EVER:

Lord Sorrow, King of Crying.

I know what you're thinking.

You're thinking, "Wait a second, that sounds like a bitter boy!"

And you'd be damn right, if I were in Lollipop Land.
    I was leading the damn revolution.

Unfortunately, or fortunately for you if you're mafia,
    I'm in Vegas, gunning for Hell Demons. Badly! I'm AWFUL at vigging!

Incidentally, I vigged psolms. Who's the fastest draw now, eh?

Lucedes on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK WITH SUCH TERRIBLY LAME ROLES

THIS IS JUST EMBARRASSING. FIRST I'M HOOKED UP WITH SOME RETARDED GUARDIAN OF THE OMNIBULLSHIT, NOW LORD SORROW. KING OF GODDAMN CRYING

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? I'M TONY ITALIANO, THE BOSS OF BOSSES. FUCK THIS MULTIVERSE. FUCK IT BAD.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    GOD WHY DO I HAVE TO WORK WITH SUCH TERRIBLY LAME ROLES

THIS IS JUST EMBARRASSING. FIRST I'M HOOKED UP WITH SOME RETARDED GUARDIAN OF THE OMNIBULLSHIT, NOW LORD SORROW. KING OF GODDAMN CRYING

ARE YOU SHITTING ME? I'M TONY ITALIANO, THE BOSS OF BOSSES. FUCK THIS MULTIVERSE. FUCK IT BAD.
    It's okay, Fiaryn! I love you! Sorta. :)

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I AM INCONSOLABLE RIGHT NOW. IF THERE IS A GOD, HE CAN PARTAKE OF AN ENTIRE BOWL OF DICKS.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    That sounds like fun, Fiaryn. Surely not what you intended.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    We could always put you out of your misery Fiaryn. :)

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    EbfanEbfan Wimmy Wam Wam Wozzle! Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I must say, the contrast between the unending rage of Fiaryn and the ridiculously over the top nature of Lollipop Land and all denizens of it is pretty amusing.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    MegatinMegatin Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    daniant works for me, currently.

Megatin on
  • Options
    Dunadan019Dunadan019 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Megatin wrote: »
    Oh, good. Day's not over.

Duna, I know what you're thinking. Why did she have time to post in the Phalla Awards, but not here? The answer is simple. I posted in the Awards, then was going to read the thread here, but the maintenence guy came in and said that he was going to lock all the gates at work and I needed to go home. Long story short, I forgot about this phalla until just now.

Having now read the thread, however, I still don't know why everyone's voting for Anonymous. Since I don't care who dies, I will leave my vote alone.

Now I need to go memorize vote close time.

Um... you might want to go check post #234...

Wow, I'm an idiot. I really need to read spoilers. I opened it and saw a video and ignored the text below completely.

Well, at least we caught a mafia, no thanks to my terrible reading ability. Who's next, network?

hey, you know what I call someone who makes long justifications for voting for someone besides the mafia member is currently dying to the vote and then comes in the next day to say 'whoops, my bad'.....

Daniant

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Yeah, I'm going to have to go with daniant for now as well. The way she is posting (specifically in making justifications for things nobody had even noticed) seems really mafia-ish to me.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Since even with two hosts no one is bothering to update the player list, here is the current status.

The Living:
    1. Dunadan019
    2. Darian
    4. Megatin
    6. cj iwakura
    7. Fiaryn
    8. Simulacrum
    9. Shalmelo
    10. Svenska
    11. Kias
    15. Ebfan
    16. Enlightenedbum
    17. Capfalcon
    18. Lucedes
    20. JaysonFour
    22. Cleonicus
    24. Daniant
    25. Lemminghead

The Dead
    3. Alegis - Guardian of the Omniverse - Killed by the Bitter Boys
    5. Psolms - Ol' Mrs. Marmalade - Italian Mobster - Found and killed by Hell Demons after being found in a pool of his own tears.
    12. The Ender - Citizen of Lollipop Land - Hell Demon - Killed by a psychotic sociopath.
    13. Ringo - Citizen of Lollipop land - Hell Demon - Killed by a Psycho
    14. Phyphor - Citizen of Lollipop Land - Italian Mobster - Too popular for his own good
    19. Durax - Citizen of Lollipop Land - Matchmaker Hershey - Killed by the Bitter Boys
    21. jdarksun - Citizen of Lollipop Land - Italian Mobster - Killed by the Hell Demons
    23. The Anonymous - Bitter Boy - Italian Mobster - Popular!

Day 0
    Day 0b
    Night 1
    Night 2

Darian on
  • Options
    SvenskaSvenska Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daniant sounds good.

Svenska on
    Since your name means "swedish" in swedish, I just assumed you were, ya know, swedish.

eNozN1RVNTYwUDVRNVUzUjOsMVQzRCON1UyApAmYbQZRYwaRBlOqZSYA7ZUOyQ==
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Darius is a good host. AWWWWWW.

Lucedes on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Slow game is slow.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Confused village is confused.

And why the heck am I being invited to a proboard?

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Looking back at the voting yesterday, ebfan tried to derail the TA vote, subtly at first
    Ebfan wrote: »
    What is the reasoning behind the The Anonymous vote? Am I missing something or is it just because he quoted 300?

Personally, I'm a bit leery of how quickly the bandwagon turned to Phyphor. I have no idea which but I'm willing to bet at least one of the people who voted for him late are probably at least half mafia.

Then more actively:
    I might not be back before vote close, so I am going to put a vote on Kias because there really isn't a whole lot of reasoning behind the TA vote as far as I can tell and Kias is the one person on the late Phyphor bandwagon who didn't really have an excuse to be on it.

Later in the day, the vote got as close as 7 for TA to 6 for Kias
    T_A: enlightenedbum, Fiaryn, Kias, Svenska, Lucedes, Dunadan019, cj iwakura
    Kias: Megatin, ebfan, simulacrum, The Anonymous, daniant, Ringo

Ringo was on, then off again (switched his vote from simulacrum to Kias to Dunadan at the last minute); he's the only person who switched votes at all yesterday.

Cleonicus, JaysonFour, and the deceased jdarksun did not vote yesterday.

Darian on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Daniant

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS INNOCENCE, ONLY VEILED BLACK MURDEROUS INTENT.

I WILL EAT YOUR HEART.

Fiaryn on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Confused village is confused.

And why the heck am I being invited to a proboard?

Someone appears to be running a phalla in international waters.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    CapfalconCapfalcon Tunnel Snakes Rule Capital WastelandRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I like Darian's logic on ebfan. He's on the counter-bandwagon and tried to "softly, softly" turn the vote off of T_A.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    CleonicusCleonicus Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I enjoy logic and shall vote for ebfan.

Cleonicus on
    Debate 'n' DeHockey team: Astronauts
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Quite frankly the T_A vote was luck. There was no reasoning behind it whatsoever and he just happened to be mafia. I don't like joining bandwagons when I can't justify in my head a reason for doing so and I couldn't with T_A. I had reasoning for my Kias vote and I stand by it. If trying to state my opinion is going to get me voted for than so be it because my opinion is the only power I have in this game.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    My reasoning for daniant is much better than darian's reasoning for ebfan.

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Quite frankly the T_A vote was luck. There was no reasoning behind it whatsoever and he just happened to be mafia. I don't like joining bandwagons when I can't justify in my head a reason for doing so and I couldn't with T_A. I had reasoning for my Kias vote and I stand by it. If trying to state my opinion is going to get me voted for than so be it because my opinion is the only power I have in this game.

Your reason was that you don't like bandwagons. And then you started a vote on someone other than T_A. Now, this isn't damning all on its own, but it's certianly a good place to start. Now, to be fair, I think Dani is a pretty good choice too. Especially since she was on the Kias counter-bandwagon as well.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Capfalcon wrote: »

Your reason was that you don't like bandwagons. And then you started a vote on someone other than T_A. Now, this isn't damning all on its own, but it's certianly a good place to start. Now, to be fair, I think Dani is a pretty good choice too. Especially since she was on the Kias counter-bandwagon as well.

No, my reasoning was that I don't like bandwagons that form for no reason. I didn't want to vote for T_A because I had no reason to vote for him and nobody wanted to tell me why they were voting for him. There was no sense in me tacking on to the end of what was at the time a runaway bandwagon. I voted for Kias because quick swings in votes, like the one towards Phyphor, always strike me as being suspicious. I'm not going to blindly follow others for no reason because if I did that there would be no reason for me to even play this game. If I didn't state my reasoning and try to get people to follow along with my reasoning then what the hell am I even good for?

And bear in mind, T_A being a mafia in no way exonerates Kias. There are two Mafias in this game and as far as we know there is nothing connecting either of them. Kias could very easily be a Hell Demon. As this game progresses it is going to be very important for the village to keep the dichotomy of this game in mind when examining voting records.

Ebfan on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    And bear in mind, T_A being a mafia in no way exonerates Kias. There are two Mafias in this game and as far as we know there is nothing connecting either of them. Kias could very easily be a Hell Demon. As this game progresses it is going to be very important for the village to keep the dichotomy of this game in mind when examining voting records.

Well, yes. This is true. However, the people on the Kias wagon have a better than normal chance of Bitter Boys.

Capfalcon on
  • Options
    KiasKias Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    In my heart, I want to vote for Ebfan, but Daniant's knee jerk defense is more suspicious, so there we go!

Kias on
    steam_sig.png

• Options
    enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I will vote for daniant today.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Options
    LemmingHeadLemmingHead Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Daniantseemed pretty sheep-like. Her automatic deference to the supposed "network" is a little suspicious. But I think Ebfan's walls of text in defense are also suspicious. Everything is suspicious in Phalla! D: I'm going to hold off on voting until later.

I think that we should pick one game and win it. After all, it's going to be almost impossible to win them both. We can just go ahead and keep killing whatever mafia we find, or we can strategize. What do you guys think?

LemmingHead on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] hugs!
  • Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Wow, I already admitted to being an idiot and voting for the first name I saw in red. But that's okay. I really can't help that I was voting at the end of a 13 day work week with 15 hours of sleep since Sunday. School's about to start and I was creating all the student schedules. So I voted without paying attention.

This isn't going to change anyone's vote though, so whatever. I'm not posting again today, I'll see what the results are at the end of the day.

Oh, and I guess ebfan is the logical vote.

daniant on
  • Options
    simulacrumsimulacrum She/herRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Before I forget to vote.

Ebfan

simulacrum on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    Oops, just realized that I never actually voted today. I like Darian's reasoning on Ebfan, but I've got to vote for Daniant - that was just a little too sketchy and defensive.

shalmelo on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    daniant, you are super-mafia-sounding. sorry!

Lucedes on
  • Options
    RendRend Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Apologies, ladies and gentlemen, but for unfortunate reasons, narration will be a bit late tonight.

Do not be alarmed.

Rend on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I AM ALARMED BY THIS SUDDEN AND UNFORSEEN DEVELOPEMENT

Dunadan019 on
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    I AM ALARMED BY DUNADAN

Lucedes on