As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

New game blog name

RUNN1NGMANRUNN1NGMAN Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I want to start a blog about gaming, but necessarily a regular gaming blog--less emphasis on reviews and news and more about the culture and other interesting things about games. To make an analogy to magazines, less EGM and more Kill Screen.

So I'm trying to come up with a name, and I was thinking about "Gamerrata." Dumb? Too obscure? Too cute? On the plus side, doesn't look like it's been used.

RUNN1NGMAN on

• Options
    Nick SoapdishNick Soapdish Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Nickel Arcade

Nick Soapdish on
  • Options
    SebbieSebbie Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I don't know if it was intentional or not but it sounds a lot like Gamasutra. There could probably be some branding confusion there :) They are different but they definitely roll on the tongue the same way.

Sorry for not being able to offer a suggestion though

Sebbie on
    "It's funny that pirates were always going around searching for treasure, and they never realized that the real treasure was the fond memories they were creating."
  • Options
    EshEsh Tending bar. FFXIV. Motorcycles. Portland, ORRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    RUNN1NGMAN wrote: »
    I want to start a blog about gaming, but necessarily a regular gaming blog--less emphasis on reviews and news and more about the culture and other interesting things about games. To make an analogy to magazines, less EGM and more Kill Screen.

So I'm trying to come up with a name, and I was thinking about "Gamerrata." Dumb? Too obscure? Too cute? On the plus side, doesn't look like it's been used.

It really stumbles off the tongue. Go with something else.

Esh on