Check out this thread for an update on DJ Eebs.

a

19495969798100»

• Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    Still listed as "unavailable" at Best Buy, still listed as "preorder processing" at ATT. It's a damn standstill, here.

Anyone know when BB usually updates its website for newly stocked supplies? I wonder if I'd have better luck just calling.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Still listed as "unavailable" at Best Buy, still listed as "preorder processing" at ATT. It's a damn standstill, here.

Anyone know when BB usually updates its website for newly stocked supplies? I wonder if I'd have better luck just calling.

Once a day at most (overnight, I believe). That's what I was told anyway. And yes, calling would probably be better.

Also, new thread. Get in it: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/167550/iphoneipodipad-thread-the-headphone-jack-is-going-to-be-on-the-bottom-pow

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    So I finally got an order update from ATT, saying that my phone has shipped at last, and the estimated date of arrival is Monday (Oct 1). This is especially good news as it gives me time to put the 3GS up on eBay tonight.

I want to make sure I set up the right parameters from the description in order to get the best possible sale from it. I have the case, the phone, a clear screen protector, a clear outer cover, the plug, and it's even jailbroken (which, based on other eBay sellers, greatly increases its value).

Just have a couple of questions for anyone who happens to be seller savvy.

1. Normally I restrict bids to North America only, but in the case of Apple products, the demand tends to go higher for Worldwide Shipping. Is this typically the case, and is there anything I should be wary of in the case of customs regulations and whatnot?

2. Also should I include the earbuds? The iPhone 5 comes with its own pair, but I like having an extra pair for my iPad and portable devices (I do have a cheap Wal-Mart pair as well, but you can never have too many headphones). Just wondering if my seller value would be greatly affected if I left the earbuds out.

3. If I pick the option to "erase all content and settings" before shipping out the phone, will that still leave in the jailbroken software?

I also have a couple of iPhone 5 questions.

1. How much is that port adapter going for? I always have my phone docked on my iHome radio, but if I want to do the same for the 5 I'm going to need one of those adapters. Is there a cheap third party knockoff yet, or even an iHome that already has that port built in?

2. Screen protector, yes/no? I've read that screen protectors for the iPad are unnecessary as the glass is tempered to withstand basic scratches. Does the iPhone 5 use the same type of glass?

3. What about an outer cover? I've held the phone, and it's incredibly slim, which can be both a good and bad thing. I'm wondering if a cover is recommended or not, either to create that extra bit of bulk or to just protect the back end.

• rakeshmprakeshmp Registered User new member
    floobie wrote: »
    I really need to keep my receipts for these things. I wouldn't mind it if Sennheiser sent me a new pair...

Do Skullcandy actually design their own headphones? As I understood it, they were effectively a re-branding company. You know, a company that goes to trade shows in China, finds a random manufacturer that will stick the Skullcandy logo on their headphones, and resells them. If my impression is incorrect, I'd be more inclined to revisit them. I've had a few pairs of their in-ears over the years, but they were generally as durable as most other in-ears I've tried, and the sound was alright at best.

Unfortunatly, Best Buy Canada doesn't seem to have the Etymotics you speak of.

Another beef I've noticed: Many of these in-ear headphones have very microphonic cables. I'd think that getting the material right could minimize that substantially...

That's exactly what Skullcandy does, actually. Of course, these Chinese OEMs do an OK job of making headphones, but like I said, nothing overly impressive.

That's too bad about BBCanada. I also love Ultimate Ears for sub-$100 headphones. Even after being bought by Logitech, they make fantastic earphones. I think the 350s are roughly $50, and they sound great. Far better than Skullcandy.
    that is actually exactly what they don't do. headphones like the FIX, aviator, mix master, hesh 2, etc are headphones that they, themselves, have designed and engineered.

• minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    No, it's exactly what they do.

Yes, I neglected to mention that as of late they have (supposedly) designed a few of their own headphones on the higher end, but the vast majority of their products past and present have been rebranded/slightly customized Chinese OEM headphones.

Also, you just joined the forums 20 minutes ago to defend a weeks-old jab at Skullcandy? Hrmmmm.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust