As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

E-mail Notification of PMs

IrishRodentIrishRodent Registered User regular
I've received six PMs in since Monday, but have not received any e-mail notification of such.

I checked both the "Enable Private Messaging" and "Receive Email Notification of New Private Messages" options in the user panel sometime last week, and they still both display as enabled now. I have confirmed that the e-mail address on file is correct, and that there are no messages in my e-mail spam folder.

Is there something terribly obvious that I'm missing to make this setting work, or is this a bug? Thank you.

IrishRodent on

• Options
    SmasherSmasher Starting to get dizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I believe email notification of PMs was turned off some time ago to lower strain on the server.

Smasher on
  • Options
    YarYar Registered User regular
    edited November 2010
    I don't know if there's any acceptance of discussion on this one, maybe it's all been said already, but:

1) Sometimes people might PM wanting to know something quickly but you don't log in for a couple days.
    2) There are several oldbies who never come around anymore and I don't have their email addres but I still know I can get a PM to them because of email notifications.

Doesn't the server consider things like that before he starts complaining that he's being strained?

Yar on