As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How to remove Armor-All

GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Help / Advice Forum
I just bought a car (G35 coupe, hotttttt) but the stupid dealership shellacked the whole interior with wretched Armor-All or something like it. I don't want my car to look nor feel like it was dipped in oil. I read a few pieces of advice about using highly diluted woolite to wipe it off, but I wanted to tap into the collective knowledge of this forum before I tried going that route. Any ideas?

PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
Gihgehls on

• Options
    ChanusChanus Harbinger of the Spicy Rooster Apocalypse The Flames of a Thousand Collapsed StarsRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Maybe dish soap? I would definitely attempt it in an out-of-sight spot first if possible, because I dunno what it would do to the material.

Chanus on
    Allegedly a voice of reason.
  • Options
    DjeetDjeet Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I've had a couple shops do that to the dash and other plastic/vinyl surfaces before returning it to me and I hate it. If they put a lot on, wiping everything down with microfiber shop rags helps, but I mainly wait it out. It goes away with time and occasionally wiping down the surfaces cause lint and dust become super-apparent when they settle on armor-alled surfaces.

I never tried to clean it off cause it seems like so much work.

Djeet on
  • Options
    Underware ManUnderware Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yea, if you wait it out in a couple days it'll fade away.
    I use it all the time (well, bought one tube of wipes and use them when the car gets dirty) and just open all the doors and let it dry. I hate the look/feel of the stuff as well.

Underware Man on
  • Options
    illigillig Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    get an interior quick detailer spray - it'll clean the various oily crap (as well as dirt) off interior plastics - i like the Meguiars if you want it very dry afterwards - if you want a tiny bit of moisture/oil, then try the Lucas Oil brand.

for leather seat, get a leather cleaner and conditioner.

illig on
  • Options
    GihgehlsGihgehls Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    For leather I pretty much use Lexol exclusively. It's always done me very well in the past. I'll look into that Meguiars interior cleaner. Thank you everyone for the replies.

Gihgehls on
    PA-gihgehls-sig.jpg
  • Options
    SporkedSporked Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    The Meguiar's stuff is very good. Remember, after you suck all the armor-all out of your vinyl surfaces, go over it with a damp rag and do this every few weeks. Really, for normal dust buildup, it's the best way to care for it.

Sporked on