As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Does a PS3 arcade stick work for most games?

LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
edited August 2010 in Games and Technology
My Mum's birthday is coming up, and I'm thinking about getting her an Arcade Stick for her PS3.

She struggles with the normal controller, and I think she'd be able to use an Arcade stick much more easilly.

Do they work for most games? I know they only have one stick, and I assume the face buttons for R/L2 aren't analogue.

Specific games that she has/wants:
Braid
LEGO: Harry Potter/Batman
Burnout Paradise
Blue Toad Murder Files

Edit: It is the Hori one that was bundled with Tekken 6 that I am thinking of getting her. It's on sale for £35.

LewieP on

• Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Keep in mind, the joystick is likely mapped to the D-pad, instead of the analog stick, so anything that doesn't use the two joysticks should work fine.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    LewiePLewieP Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I just had the same thought, I guess we can just test to see which games can use the dpad/have customisable controls that let you just use the dpad.

Cheers.

LewieP on
  • Options
    elliotw2elliotw2 Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Burnout, Braid, and Blue Toad should work on just D-pad. Most racers and 2D games allow D-pad controls.

elliotw2 on
    camo_sig2.pngXBL:Elliotw3|PSN:elliotw2
  • Options
    ZiggymonZiggymon Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    I only have a 360 street fighter arcade stick (mad catz) here but there is a switch that enables you to change the stick to represent the left stick. right stick or the d-pad. Id assume the same is on the PS3 versions.

Ziggymon on
  • Options
    BarrakkethBarrakketh Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Ziggymon wrote: »
    I only have a 360 street fighter arcade stick (mad catz) here but there is a switch that enables you to change the stick to represent the left stick. right stick or the d-pad. Id assume the same is on the PS3 versions.
    The PCBs used in the MadCatz sticks can be...glitchy when used with it set to LS. The 360 version of the stick certainly is, I can't speak definitively for the PS3 version.

Barrakketh on
    Rollers are red, chargers are blue....omae wa mou shindeiru