As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

VASSAL Warmachine and Hordes

hobohobo Registered User new member
edited August 2010 in Critical Failures
vassalpreview.jpg

Hey Guys,

For those of you that don't check the PP boards I figured I'd repost this here.

Vassal is a game engine for building and playing online adaptations of board games and card games. It allows users to play in real time over a live Internet connection. It runs on all platforms, and is free for personal use. The module we have developed is for Warmachine/Hordes.

First off let me start by saying Vassal is not a substitute for tabletop play, it lacks many of the things that make an in person tabletop game great. The next most important thing to know is that Vassal DOES NOT include or enforce any rules or stats so it is a requirement for play that you have copies of your cards and copies of the rule books. Think of it as another way to proxy your figures.

What Vassal does provide is a virtual tabletop, complete with measuring devices, dice rollers, terrain elements, templates and image sprites to represent your models. And of course an opportunity to play whenever you want verse whoever you want. It’s a great boon for the many people that don’t have easy access to an FLGS, and what’s more it gives you the unique opportunity to play with people from all over the world. So far from here in Australia I’ve played against Americans, Italians, Germans, Ukranians, New Zealanders and a few Canadians, probably the first intercontinental game of Warmachine.

The current module version is 4.0 and includes sprites for models up to and including Forces of Warmachine: Mercenaries (additionally previewed models are also featured). The module supports everything required to play a MK2 game, including spray templates, walls and the like. Within the module there are also lots of premade maps with labled terrain features for you convenience

For those of you interested to see how it all works then feel free to download our module and jump in and test it out. The forum dedicated to Vassal Warmachine & Hordes gaming is located here: http://z7.invisionfree.com/vassalwmh/index.php. Here you can find download links, tutorials and various other things. Stop by, check it out, and spread the word.

Hobo

hobo on

• Options
    DarianDarian Yellow Wizard The PitRegistered User regular
    edited August 2010
    This would get more attention in the discussion thread for Warmachine and Hordes, but I think they already know about it.

Darian on
  • Options
    RainfallRainfall Registered User regular
    edited August 2010
    Yup we are pretty into Vassal, a lot of us are on it a lot of the time :D

Rainfall on